Sometimes you will notice a slowdown of your computer, the problem of startup and shutdown, or sometimes a blue screen error may be visible. These problems arrive if the Wddm service not running in QuickBooks properly. If you are facing the exact problem in your Windows while using QuickBooks then this article will enhance the idea to fix these kinds of issues forever. Let’s start the article;
The WDDM stands for Windows Display Driver Model. A message will appear in your QuickBooks account that the Wddm service is not running. As a result, QuickBooks will slow down. These problems may happen due to many reasons. So the first step, that we should take, is to know the exact reason for the problem.
Why WDDM Service Not Running in QuickBooks
- If your system gets a virus attack and that’s destroying your important files it causes the error.
- Sometimes, the error may happen if the driver installation is not happening properly.
- Many times, it has been seen that the installation and uninstallation process of any application is not done properly, which causes issues in your system.
- After updating your windows if you find that some of your DLL files are damaged, then this issue will appear.
Ways to Fix the WDDM Service Running Issue in QuickBooks
We 2 proved solutions to fix out this problem, you can apply any one of them:
Way 1: Update the Device Manager
- First, start your system in safe mode to resolve the error.
- To keep safe mode in your computer, Boot the system and press F8.
- Check your system driver and windows version. Remember they are always updated. Not be outdated.
- To check the drivers, go to File Explorer or My computer. Next, right-click on it and choose the options manager. Then a window will appear with the name of the computer Management
- Then check the system tools and select the device manager.
- Next right-click and select properties. Now, you can check the driver update.
- Always remember you have to check that your QuickBooks is compatibility with your windows version, and your windows version is in the latest version.
- Make sure that you log in as Admin of the Windows and run the software as an administrator.
Way 2: Automate the WDDM Service
- Launch the ‘Control Panel’, and go to the ‘Administrative Tool’ section.
- Now click on the ‘Services’ option from the list.
- After clicking on the ‘Services’ option, you can see a list of options.
- There you need to choose the ‘WDDM Service’ option from the list.
- After that, right-click on the ‘WDDM Service’ option to select the ‘Proporties’ option.
- Now, click on the ‘General’ tab, and then on the ‘Start Up’ type option.
- Choose the Start Up type, ‘Automatic’.
You have seen the solutions of the Wddm service not running errors in QuickBooks is very easy. we hope you will be able to resolve the issues of the errors. Although if you find any difficulties or if you don’t understand any of the above methods, then you can get help from our QuickBooks Experts. Our expert is always there for you throughout the whole year. You will definitely get the best solution to your problem or query.