It’s a lot easier if you can get your data wherever you want, or more than on just one system. As we all know, sharing makes our work a lot easier. If you would like to share your company files with your colleagues and collaborate with them in the best way possible to get the most out of your data. You should know how to sync files in Quickbooks. Syncing increases the productivity and enhances the flexibility in accessing the data. When it comes to syncing QuickBooks files between two computers then most of the people are not clear about it. Syncing QuickBooks files help users to enhance their collaboration on a unified accounting report, that’s why we will look at the step by step guide of sync QuickBooks files between two computers.
It has been seen that many QuickBooks users desire to connect their data between multiple devices to enhance their productivity & flexibility in accessing the data. There are some easy steps to How to sync QuickBooks files between two computers? After reading the article you will be able to sync data or files between the devices in your workplace or home.
How do we synchronize the two computers?
Before syncing the files, you need to make sure that there is the correct installation option for each computer and both the computers are connected on the same network or you can also uninstall QuickBooks on both the computers and then reinstall them with the correct options.
When the reinstallation and configuration will be completed on both the devices then the host desktop allows you to synchronize the data with other computers connected to the device on a network. Sync QuickBooks files and data help you in different ways of achieving the thing that you want and need.
Steps to Sync QuickBooks Files Between Two Computers. You just follow these steps.
- Open the Quickbooks Application and enter the license number and product code.
- Download and install the Data Transfer Utility program.
- Paste your company file on the secondary computer from the primary computer.
- Start QuickBooks software on your primary computer.
- Click the Open Source Company button in Export Data from the primary company.
- Select Yes and permit access even if QuickBooks is Not Running. And then see the option to allow the application to access data.
- Click Continue, then Yes, and finally Done in QuickBooks.
- Click the Close button in the Currently Connected To field within the Data Transfer Utility program.
- Select the File option and click Open or Restore Company, then choose to Open a Company in QuickBooks.
- From the Import data Into destination company option, select Open Destination Company in the Data Transfer Utility program.
- Click Yes, Always permit access even if QuickBooks is not running and allow the application to access personal data. Click continue, then Yes and Done in QuickBooks.
- Now click the close button in the currently connected To field in the data transfer utility program.
- Select the file menu and click close company in QuickBooks.
- Choose the type of data, then click the change button in the data transfer utility program.
- In the data transfer utility program, go to Import data Into destination and click the import data button.
Now you have successfully Sync QuickBooks files between two computers and the users can work very easily on the same accounting report with the enhanced collaboration which will result in better productivity. So these easy steps you can easily sync QuickBooks files between two computers.
Share Quickbooks desktop on two computers
Use the multi-user set up on the company file stored in the host computer to communicate with the company files in Quickbooks. To do so follow the steps-
- Click “File”, “Utilities” and “Host Multi-user access” in QuickBooks on the primary computer.
- After confirming as the host, follow the steps.
- Open start menu and type database in the server computer.
- Click on Quickbooks database server manager.
- If no folder locations are shown, click Browse and browse to the folder where you store your company file(s).
- Click OK.
- Click Start Scan, which will repair the firewall permissions to allow QuickBooks to communicate over your network and resolve your error.
- When finished, click Close and try opening QuickBooks in Multi-User mode on your workstation(s).
Database Server Setup
In the primary computer store the company file or network sharing. Otherwise, select the option to use QuickBooks but not store the company file on the secondary computer and install Quickbooks Accordingly. After installing properly follow the following steps to do the setup-
- Click the “Scan Folders” tab, “Add Folders” and “Scan” to scan the primary computer for the QuickBooks company file, click “Close” once you have verified the company file has been found
- Click the “company” menu, then click “Set up Users and Password” and “Set up Users” within QuickBooks on the primary computer
- Then click “Add User” and assign a username and password. Select your access options for the secondary computer and click “Next”.
- Select the options for changing or deleting transaction permissions. Click “Next and Finish”
- Click “File” and “Open or restore company” and “Open a Company” in QuickBooks on the secondary computer. Browse to the location on your network where the primary company file is stored. Select the file then “Log in” with the username or password created on the primary computer.
You have one more option if you cannot sync QuickBooks files between two computers, you can contact our QuickBooks Online Support Phone number and tell your problem to our QuickBooks Proadvisor. Our Service available 24*7 hours.
Sometimes errors are very complicated and you don’t understand what you do for your QuickBook files. So you can easily contact our QuickBook customer service Phone Number and tell us your errors and your problems. Our ProAdvisor and Experts are available to provide you the Best Service. Get help with us if you have any queries.
Keep Sharing, Keep Smiling:)