If you are wondering that how to set up Quickbooks scan manager then you are at the right place. QuickBooks Accounting software provides many amazing features. This software makes accountancy simple, easy, and fast, also you can work on it without getting any error. And, the QuickBooks Scan Manager is one of the tools provided by QuickBooks Software. The QuickBooks Scan Manager helps in sending invoices, sales receipts, bills, and many different transactions through mail. It also automatically imports and stores transactions according to their categories. In this article, we are going to study how to set up QuickBooks scan manager.
So, let’s start with how you can scan your documents and attach them to the transaction using this tool.
Steps to Set Up and Use QuickBooks Scan Manager
Follow these steps carefully, if you get errors when setting or using the Scan Manager.
Step 1: Create User’s Scan Profile
- Firstly, press on Documents then, click on Doc Center from the Company menu.
- Then, you have to click on Scan your Document and scan the ones which you want to attach.
- After that, create a new profile by clicking New or select from an existing scan profile.
- Change the profile name and then Continue.
- You can also make adjustments in profile settings according to your priorities.
- And, in the end, Save it.
Step 2: Set Up and Test Your Scanner
- Firstly, do highlight your profile and click on Select.
- When you select the scanner window, you will see the option of Scanner Setup Wizard. But, make sure that the current selection should display your scanner. If there is no option for your scanner then press on Yes. After that, to download the latest scanner database from Nuance, click on Next.
- Choose the suitable mode which is typically a Normal Mode.
- Tick on the Perform Tests box, and press on the Next button.
- Choose the test which you want to run then again click on Next twice to initiate the checking of your scanner.
- Tick the Repeat this test to check all mode boxes. Then click on Next for moving Forward.
Step 3: Scan and Add documents.
- After testing the manager in all modes, start using your scanner. During any transaction, click Attach File to attach any file you wish to the scanner.
Why should you use QuickBooks Scan Manager?
- You can easily attach your documents like invoices, bills, receipts, and other transactions to your mail through QuickBooks Scan Manager.
- If you are not an expert in this, still you can perform all the tasks without much hassle.
- Also, you can connect this tool to your bank account to automatically import and categorize transactions.
- You can automatically update the invoices, packing slips, and many other documents in the balance sheet. And, can create documents that save your precious time.
- QuickBooks scanner is provided with the warehouse manager and the warehouse workers team can do more work in less time.
Solve the issues that occur in QuickBooks Scan Manager
If in any case, your QuickBooks Scan Manager does not work properly. Then, the problem caused by one of these reasons:
- Ensure that you are using a TWAIN-compliant scanner.
- Before anything else, test the scanner apart from QuickBooks to check whether there is an issue with the scanner.
- If the scanner is still not working outside of QuickBooks then contact the scanner manufacturer or a professional to solve the issue.
Solution of Error 281, 1:
- Remove the last scan profile and the new one.
- In the settings, change the user account settings.
- Fix the QuickBooks application and try to scan again.
- Reinstall with a clean installation feature.
- Then, try to set up a QuickBooks Scan Manager again.
How to Scan Bills and Invoices:
- SCAN: Click on the button “Scan” in Scan2Voice. This will help you to scan the voice and transfer it into a PDF file and show the new file.
- EXTRACT DATA: Firstly, it extracts the data and allows you to check it. This method is simple and easy.
- UPLOAD: Click on the button of Upload.
I hope this article will help to set up the QuickBooks Scan Manager tool. Now you are well aware about how to set up QuickBooks scan manager and you can do it on your own.