Are you using your email, and QuickBooks separately to do your accounting activities? If yes, then stop doing this, because QuickBooks has the feature to merge email to QuickBooks. You just need to set up email service in QuickBooks, this topic is all about this. Here in this article, you can set up different email services in QuickBooks, and can mail to your client directly through QuickBooks.
How to Set Up Outlook Email Service with QuickBooks
To set up Outlook with QuickBooks, we just need to complete the two steps mentioned in below:
Step 1: Make Ready all the following Details to Set Up the Mail
- The server address of the incoming email
- Server type of incoming email
- Server address of the outgoing email
- Username, and Password
Keep all of the above details, to log in to your outlook service with QuickBooks.
Step 2: Set Up your Outlook account in QuickBooks
Some of the users unable to link the Outlook account with QuickBooks because of the improper setting up, and find the issue as, Outlook is not responding. So set up the Outlook in a proper way.
- Open QuickBooks, and go for the ‘Edit’ menu.
- Select the ‘Preferences’ tab from the ‘Edit’ menu, and then click the ‘Send Forms’ option.
- After that, choose the ‘Outlook’ option from the list, and click ‘Ok’ to save all the settings done.
How to Set Up Webmail with QuickBooks
Most of the users prefer to use their webmail in QuickBooks. So here we have some points, that you should note before setting up the webmail with QuickBooks.
Points to Know Before Setting Up the Webmail in QuickBooks
- If you are a new user of QuickBooks then remember that the new version of QuickBooks can use the secure webmail.
- It will work at the time when you will link your Intuit account and the webmail account.
- Once your Intuit, and webmail account linked, you will not need to re-enter the password all time to send an email.
- Only the QuickBooks 2019, and 2020 version is available for Gmail, Windows mail, yahoo mail, AOL, and Hotmail
- And the QuickBooks 2018 version is available only for Gmail, and Hotmail users.
- If you want to add the secure webmail to the company file then you need to create a strong security key for your file.
To Set Up Secure Webmail to QuickBooks
- Open QuickBooks, and click on the ‘Edit menu to choose the ‘Preferences’ tab.
- Choose the ‘Send Forms’ option, and then the ‘Web mail’.
- After selecting that, click on the ‘Add’ option.
- Now from the drop-down menu, select your provider, and enter the email address.
- Choose the ‘Use Enhanced Security’ checkbox, and click on the ‘Ok’ option.
- Sometimes, users face a network error, at that time you can uncheck the box.
- After that, you will be prompted to log in to the Intuit account.
- Once you log in to the Intuit account, you will again be prompted to the webmail provider.
To Set Up to Work with QuickBooks
- First of all, verify the webmail server, and the port settings with your internet service provider.
- Before going to step 2, you should remember that the webmail providers require users to make able their account settings for two-step verification.
- Login to QuickBooks, and select the ‘Preferences’ option from the ‘Edit menu.
- And then, choose the ‘Send Forms’ option, and then the ‘Web Mail’.
- Click on the ‘Add’ option.
- Now you have to fill out the email details in the ‘Add Email’ section.
- Click ‘Ok’ to save changes.
- QuickBooks will ask you to enter password for the first time you send an email by using the webmail.
- Don’t skip a single step during the setup process of email, otherwise, you will find an error like, QuickBooks couldn’t connect to email server.
Port and Internet Service Provider Information
|ISP (Internet Service Provider)||SMTP Server||SMTP Port|
|PRODIGY||smtp.prodigy.net||25 (SSL enabled)|
|NETSCAPE||smtp.isp.netscape.com||25 (SSL enabled)|
|MICROSOFT OUTLOOK 365||outlook.office365.com||587 (SSL enabled)|
|EARTHLINK||smtpauth.earthlink.net||25 (with password)|
|110 or 587|
|AOL||smtp.aol.com||465 or 587 (see Note) (SSL enabled for incoming and outgoing mail server)|
|1AND1.com||smtp.1and1.com||587 (SSL enabled, with password)|
At last, we hope now you are able to merge your email service with QuickBooks ownself. Still, if you have any kind problem regarding this topic then you can connect with our QuickBooks experts to resolve your problem in short time.