In this blog, we will discuss how to Restore QuickBooks backup file issues and various solutions to resolve Quickbooks restore failed error. You can restore a QuickBooks company file from a local backup copy if you created local backup copies. Doing this can repair a corrupted company file in QuickBooks. You must be in single-user mode to do this. In addition, QuickBooks Desktop Pro requires you to enter or create a password for the “Administrator” user before you can restore a QuickBooks company file from a local backup that contains sensitive data. Sensitive data includes credit card numbers, social security numbers, or FEIN information.
Once in a while when your frame is flying and you need to use another PC or you need to use another rendering of QuickBook on any other frame, an inquiry rings. How to restore the QuickBook backup file for a new computer? Most likely you need to change your information from another PC with no information or problems.
For this situation first, you have to backup your QuickBooks organization record in your more established framework and include it in your more up-to-date form.
- You should restore the most recent backup file as the backup files contain the company data up to the date when the backup was built. If you choose to restore an earlier backup and not the most recent one you might end up losing your companies important transactions.
- Your backup copy is in compressed file format, so you must use the restore wizard to bring your data back to Quickbooks application and not use the windows copy-paste command to do so. As the file is compressed, it cannot be opened in the same way that a company file is opened. So it needs to be opened in QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale, it must be decompressed through the Restore function.
- To restore your company backup files in Quickbooks you must have an administrative account( or admin rights) and Quickbooks password.
Restore Local Backup File
- Insert the CD or another external storage device (outer capacity gadget) that contains your back up data if your backup files aren’t situated on your hard drive.
- It is recommended to move the backup to the local hard drive(usually drive C:), but if there are some issues you can also keep in external storage devices.
- Open Quickbooks software in your system now.
- Reach out the ‘file menu and then click “Open or Restore Company.”
- Choose “Restore a Backup Copy,” and click on next to continue the procedure.
- Select the “Local Backup” alternative, and hit “Next.”
- Find your backup record on your local drive(or CD. hard drive, etc.), and after that click “Open.” ( the backup looks like ‘your company name’.qbb)
- When you are done choose the ‘save’ option. If you see an option/message of overwriting don’t do it if you don’t need it. Choose the option which best fits you.
- Note: If you are about to open the backup same folder as your existing company file, you may overwrite your data. To avoid overwriting anything, you can rename your existing company file or the backup so the names are unique. Save the backup in a completely separate folder if you don’t want to play with the names to ignore overwriting.
- Copy any of the required files specified in the HowToRestoreExternalFiles.Txt file and paste them to your new backup location. This file is located within the Restored Files folder and helps you guide what files to copy and how to complete the procedure in your system.
Download Backup File Using Web Restore Data & Files
- Explore the “QuickBooks Online Backup Login” site.
- Enter your accreditations in the Account ID and Password fields.
- Select the “Internet Restore/ web restore” button. Introduce the ActiveX control, whenever provoked.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and activities to proceed. The directions/ instructions depend on upon configuration of your system.
- Make a folder on your system and name it “QB backup” (or whatever name you find suitable and easy to remember in the future) and then select the restore location whenever asked.
- Click on “restore” to complete the procedure to restore a local backup file.
Restore With Intuit Data Protect Subscription
Intuit takes care of everything which includes your data safety. Intuit company offers data to protect the tool and if you subscribe to them. It creates a new backup after a regular period of time, deletes the earlier one, and many more. So you can restore the data in case of any mishappening. Follow the steps shown below to restore your company backup files:-
- Reach out to your QuickBooks homepage.
- Open the “Backup Status” section, and then hit the “View Details” option.
- Select “Restore a Backup.”
- Choose the date and time of the backup you want to be restored, and then tap on “Continue”.
- Choose or verify the location you want to restore the file to, and then hit the “Restore” button.
How to create a backup?
- Open Quickbooks Application in your system.
- Reach the File menu, and select Back Up Data from the options shown below.
- Specify the backup location:
- If you want to create a backup at the default folder on the local hard drive, select Default Location.
- If you want to create a backup at a network drive or removable media, select Specify Alternate Location and enter the path or browse to the backup location and enter a file name.
- Hit on the Backup button followed by the finish.
In the end:
As we have discussed all the different ways to restore Quickbooks backup file. There are several methods given from which you can do the task and get your data (company files) back. So we hope that now you can restore files by yourself and can get back to your work. In rare cases, these solutions may not work, so let us know if it is so for you. We have a team of ProAdvisors and Experts with great experience to assist you 24*7. So, get in touch with us whenever required by ringing on our toll-free QuickBooks Online support number +1-844-519-0042 to get instant help. You can also contact us if you have any other queries or issues related to Quickbooks.
Keep Sharing, Keep Smiling:)