In the client’s QuickBooks Bookkeeping program sending and printing a PDF is one of the main highlights which are often used by them. However, while using QuickBooks Online Support software, the clients face different types of problems and issues. Intuit has introduced a tool that provides the ability to resolve pdf and printing errors. In this article, we will learn how to resolve Pdf and Printing errors with QuickBooks Desktop. We will also discuss the causes of this error.
How to resolve PDF and Printing error with QuickBooks?
In this article, different types of methods to resolve pdf and printing errors are discussed.
Method 1: Install and run the PDF and print repair tool
Before start troubleshooting, it is important or necessary to update your QuickBooks software to its latest version.
- Download the QuickBooks print and repair tool from its intuit website.
- Once the tool is downloaded, then try the pdf file related task that originally generated the error.
Maybe this method will fix this error but if it fails to do so, you can try another method given below.
Method 2: Reset your temp folder permission
Try to restart your computer and then try again. If it still fails to reset your temp folder permissions, check the folder permission of the temp folder by following given steps:
- First of all, open the Run command (by pressing the win+R button).
- Now type %TEMP% and press the enter button.
- Click the right button on an empty area of the temp window and select the properties option.
- Click on the Security tab.
- Now make sure that all the user names and groups displayed on the security tab have full control, if not then give full access permission.
- After doing this, try saving as Pdf again within your QuickBooks.
Step 2: Confirm if you can print to your XPS (only for email and save as pdf issues).
- Open notepad.
- Type anything on the notepad.
- Now go to the File option in the menu and click on the Print option.
- Select the XPS document writer and select the printer.
- Go to save options and see if you can view the XPS document.
Method 3: Delete or rename the files of printer
You can also try to resolve this issue by deleting the damaged files and creating new ones.
- Looks for the file and find them.
- Instead of deleting those files you can also rename them like”qbprint.old and wpr.old”.
- Run QuickBooks and open the Company file.
- Choose the file and then the Printer setup.
- Choose any of the transactions present in the Form name and click on the Ok button.
- Use the above steps to reset the printer setting in the software.
Method 4: Reinstall and adjust the permissions for XPS document writer
Step1: Test the XPS Document writer by printing the XPS document outside QuickBooks software
- Go to the File menu and then click on Print option
- In the Print window select “Microsoft XPS document writer” from the printers list and then click on the Print button
- Now save the “XPS file” on your system
- Open the file.
- If the file is not open and an error occurs while opening the file or the file does not display properly, then the XPS document writer will need to be reinstalled
Step2: Adjust all the user’s permissions for the XPS document writer
- First of all, log in as admin to change the permission
- Open the Printers control panel
- Right-click on the XPS document writer option and choose the Printer properties for Windows 8 and Windows Vista
- Click on Security option and select the everyone user group
- Everyone not shown in the group.
- Click on Add Button and fill everyone in the field
- Select the names and click on Ok button
- Go to Allow column and then click on the Print button
- Now open the file explorer and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\Spool
- Select > Printers folder > properties > security > edit
- Click on Add and type Local service and then press Enter button
- Before clicking on OK button ensure that local service has full control
- Now open QuickBooks app and try to create a file
Step 3: Edit the security software settings
Check the security software like antivirus, Windows Defender, firewall, etc to ensure that the XPS files are not blocked in them.
Step 4: Make a new template for your form
- Click on creating new templates option to create a new template for your form.
- Change the template on your transactions.
- Then create a pdf file.
The reason behind Pdf And Printing Errors?
There are many reasons responsible for the pdf and printing errors with QuickBooks Desktop. Some of them are:
- The pdf record is unavailable.
- The status of Pdf converter is being demonstrated disconnected.
- The process of installing the QuickBooks Pdf converter is not finished.
- The framework of QuickBooks Desktop can’t build up an association with the printer.
- The printer is not programming effectively.
- The Print Driver Host is not working properly.
- The most recent discharge of the QuickBooks is not available.
- Absence of an arranged network.
- You can see error messages continuously on the screen.
Some important things to remember:
It is necessary to know some important things that are important to be considered and are parallel for fixing the issue, before performing the above-stated methods:-
- Check whether the printer is turned on and the wire of printer is plugged in properly.
- Restart the computer:- Sometimes it can solve the problem.
- A Printer Error message is displayed on the screen along with the ‘Printer Code’: Windows Error Dialog, QuickBooks Error Dialog.
The removal of such errors in the QuickBooks Desktop is very important because they can halt the progress of your work if not resolved on time. These are the solution to resolve pdf and printing errors with QuickBooks Desktop. Now, I hope after reading this article you can remove this error and continue your work on QuickBooks easily.