QuickBooks is an accounting software by Intuit that comes with various features to help ease the accounting process. Printing is one of the features that the application comprises of. The main requirement is a printer connected to the software for direct printing that makes the work simple and professional. The process is simple with just giving a print command, however, users find it difficult when reprinting. Therefore, we have gathered all the necessary information to help you understand how to reprint checks in QuickBooks.
Before we dig any further, we will understand the need for reprinting checks in QuickBooks application.
Reasons To Why You Need To Reprint Checks In QuickBooks
Following are the reasons that prompt the need to reprint checks in QuickBooks.
- Misplacement of a check.
- The possibility of a previous check being damaged or jammed in the printer.
- You wish to reprint the paystubs due to your own reasons.
How To Find Checks In QuickBooks?
The checks can be reprinted in the QuickBooks software by tracking them. Once you are able to find the checks, you can reprint them.
Follow the further given steps to find the checks in QB.
- First, search for the option of Print Check.
- Then, select Print Preview. If you wish to reprint multiple checks, select the Add more checks option.
- Select the Printer tab.
- Now the selected checks will get printed.
How To Reprint The Check In QuickBooks
- First, open QuickBooks.
- Go to the top of the navigation panel and click on the List button.
- Click on the Chart Of Accounts.
- Then, choose the Payroll account and click on the check you require to print.
- Press on the Print button for the selected check.
- Finally, select Save and Close.
- Open the Employee’s option then edit the paycheck which is chosen from the section.
- Enter the date range in the date field.
- Choose the employee’s name whose check needs to be reprinted.
- Then, double-click on the payroll check.
- Select the Print button and wait for the check to print.
- Click on the OK and shut the Window.
Reprinting A Paycheck
You have two possible ways to reprint a check in the QB software.
- First, open the QuickBooks software.
- Then, go to the top of the navigation panel and click on the List button.
- Next, click on Chart Of Accounts.
- Now, double-click on the checking account that is used for payroll.
- Double-click the check you require to print.
- Select the Print icon located at the top of the window.
- Once you are done, click on Save and Close.
- Open the Employees menu.
- Select Edit/Void Paychecks.
- Then, enter the date of the paycheck in Show Paychecks From and Through boxes.
- On the name of the employee, double-click to view paycheck.
- Now assign the check number by clicking on the Print icon located at the top of the window.
- Finally, select Ok.
Reprint The Multiple Paychecks
- In Employee Center, click on Transactions.
- Then, select Paychecks present at the left-hand column.
- Double-click on the paycheck which you are to reprint.
- Press on the option of Print Later.
- Select Save & Close.
- Repeat the instructions for every check that has not been marked To Print.
- Select Print forms from the File menu and then click on the Paychecks.
- Tick-mark the paychecks which you want to print the check.
- Then, click on the Ok button.
Instructions To Locate The Original Check Number
- First, go to Banking and click on Write Checks.
- Then, in the No. field, enter the original check number to track it.
- Enter the date in the Date field to match the original check date.
- Then, fill in the Employee’s Name next to Pay to the Order.
- In the Amount box, fill in 0.01.
- Next, click on Payroll Expenses present under the Expenses tab.
- Now, save it and close.
- After that, go to Banking and select Use Register.
- Look for the check you have just created. Then, click on it once to highlight.
- Go to Edit at the top of the menu bar and click on Void Check.
Reprint The Sales Forms
Follow these steps to reprint the sales form in QuickBooks.
- First, click on the Magnifying Glass icon.
- Now, add the sales form number, an amount, and a date.
- Then, click on Enter.
- Click on the sales form.
- Lastly, select Preview and Print.
We believe the information provided in the article was helpful and you were able to understand how to reprint checks in QuickBooks. However, if you are facing any difficulty while doing so, please contact our customer support. Call us through our toll-free number. Our teams of experts and ProAdvisor will be happy to guide you through the whole process. Also, you can further get in touch with us for any queries related to QuickBooks.