Are you using QuickBooks then you definitely know about those conditions of “QuickBooks Scheduled Backup Not Working in Window” or “QuickBooks internal backups not working, including a few errors”. In this feature, if you face such type of problem then what will you do? This article will have the best information which will help you at that time.
Let’s know about some of the simpler causes, and have tried to know the reason behind the backup failure. content of this article is related to an internal backup process of QuickBooks Desktop.
QuickBooks Scheduled Errors like:
File Name Too Long
If your name of the file is more than 65 words then you face this error in this there is a character limit of not more than 65 characters.
File Path Too Long
Root drive path can be stored easily. If your file is under sub-directory-of-a-sub-directory, of-a-sub-directory-of-a sub-directory within a directory then it will show such type of error.
File Too Big
If you want a backup of more than 3 GB in size.
Improper Drive or Insufficient Access Rights
If you ever try to make your backup in a directory under the root drive of your computer. You can make the cut and paste it to your PC’s desired storage location. Even if you can do it on “my cloud drive”
Preference Setting Conflict
To resolve this issue you can turn off the preference to “keep QuickBooks running”. The backup until the end, it never actually finish, due to that “a .tmp” file is usually created in the QuickBooks directory.
User Name Conflict
Due to an improper configuration with the User Name and Password entered. It is not an issue of QuickBooks Username and Password. Error occurrence caused by Windows User Name and Password for the computer where the backup is being run.
QuickBooks Hosting Conflict
If the hosting is enabled for multi-user setup then sometimes it shows such type of conflict. If you want to run the scheduled backup then you have to find a local host for this process.
Due to the unavailability of QuickBooks Database Server, you can’t work properly from the workstation.
The reason behind this type of problem occurring after installing a later version of QuickBooks on your computer, some earlier versions will face some problem related to AutoBackup.EXE or scheduled backup.
Scheduled backups problem which is occurred in Windows 10 after upgrading to the latest Creators Update, 1709.
Reason: QBs is a setting is Configure for Windows Server 2003, Windows XP or Windows 2000″. When you create a backup schedule in QuickBooks, the task is created under the schedule.
If you are installing Windows 10 Creators Update 1709 then the backup task shows failure.
Do the following step :
- Manually change the Configure for window 10
- the task is created by QuickBooks
- Setting required to get the task to work
- Backups are working from when the scheduled was created successfully in QuickBooks.
- Find the OS and do some modification with this setting accordingly when creating the task.
Step 1 Go to >General setting. >In the bottom set “Configure for:”
- Windows Server 2003, Windows XP or Windows 2000
This shows error (Task Scheduler) popup with the window 10
Step 2 In window 10 > “Configure for:” contain only Window 10 setup > click ok after selecting it
Setup of automatic, Scheduled and reminder of backup:-
Backups are important for the creation of good and safe data protection from error.
Automatic backups setup:
- Click on the File menu and select Save Copy or Back Up.
- Select Backup Copy and click Next.
- Click on the options to set your backup defaults and then press next
- Select Change Location or Use this location.
- Click Next
- Click on the Save it now button and schedule for future backups (And Press Next)
- Save your backup copy automatically when You close your company files every time from the box.
- Click finish
Scheduled backups setup:
- Go to the File menu >
- And click on Save Copy or Backup option.
- Click Backup Copy > click Next.
- Then click on the option to set your backup defaults then click Next
- Click on the schedule future backups then click next
- Backup on a schedule section of the window Then click new.
- Enter the description for scheduled backup
- Click on the Browse menu to select the folder ( do not use CD-ROM.)
- Now click the checkbox to Number of backups copies to keep
- Click on store password to open the store windows password.
- Select the time interval for Backups
- Click Ok > click on FINISH
- Click on the File menu and select Save Copy or BackUp option.
- Select Backup copy> Next > click on Option
- Memory location tells us that where you can save your data.
- make a reminder to remind you to back up when closing data everytime and approve it
- Add the date and time of the backup to the file name > Click OK
Solution for Re-create backup schedule:
- Click on File menu and then select backup company then click on to create the local backup,
- select local backup and then click next
- only schedule the future backups and press Next
- click on the new option.
- make a description, location and set the number of backup copies you want to keep
- Select date and time
- save your Password
- Click Ok and then Finish
Rename your QuickBooks Desktop company file
I hope this will blog helps you to resolve all your issues, queries for QuickBooks Scheduled Backup in the window. If you still face error kindly contact our Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor customer care team at our toll-free number. They definitely resolve all your queries and make you satisfied with their service