If you are QuickBooks user then you have to know about the condition of “QuickBooks Scheduled Backup Not Working in Window” or “QuickBooks internal backups not working, including a few errors”. In the feature, if you such type of problem then what will you do? This article will have the best information which will help you at that time.
Let’s know about some of the simpler causes, and try to know the reason behind the backup failure. This segment of article content related to an internal backup process of QuickBooks Desktop.
QuickBooks Scheduled Errors like:
File Name Too Long
More than 65 characters definitely can be the cause of your backup failing, and reason for such error.
File Path Too Long
Root drive path can be stored easily. If your file is under sub-directory-of-a-sub-directory, of-a-sub-directory-of-a sub-directory within a directory then it will show such type of error.
File Too Big
If you are making backup more than 3 GIG in size.
Improper Drive or Insufficient Access Rights
Try to make your backup in a directory under the root drive of your computer. You can cut-and-paste it to your PC desired storage location. Even if you can on “my cloud drive”
Preference Setting Conflict
To resolve this issue you can turn off the preference to “keep QuickBooks running”. The backup until the very end, it never actually finish, due to that “a .tmp” file is usually created in the QuickBooks directory.
User Name Conflict
Due to an improper configuration with the User Name and Password entered. It is not an issue of QuickBooks Username and Password. Error occurrence caused by Windows User Name and Password for the computer where the backup is being run.
QuickBooks Hosting Conflict
If hosting is enabled for multi-user setup then sometimes it shows such type of conflict. The hosting function must be local for the computer to run the scheduled backup.
Due to unavailability of QuickBooks Database Server, you can’t work properly form workstation.
The reason for this type of problem is after installing a later version of QuickBooks on your computer, some earlier versions will face a problem with AutoBackupEXE or scheduled backup.
Scheduled backups problem which is occurred in Windows 10 after upgrading to the latest Creators Update, 1709.
Reason: QBs is a setting is Configure for Windows Server 2003, Windows XP or Windows 2000″. When you are creating a backup schedule in QuickBooks, the task is created under schedule.
If you are installing Windows 10 Creators Update 1709 the backup task now fails.
Do the following step :
- Manually change the Configure for window 10
- the task is created by QuickBooks
- Setting required to get the task to work
- Backups are working since the scheduled was created successfully in QuickBooks.
- Detect the OS and modify this setting accordingly when creating the task.
Step 1 Go to >General setting. >In the bottom set “Configure for:”
- Windows Server 2003, Windows XP or Windows 2000
This setup shows error (Task Scheduler) popup with window 10
Step 2 In window 10 > “Configure for:” contain only Window 10 setup > click ok after selecting it
Setup of automatic backups, scheduled backups, and backup reminders?
Backups are extremely important to create good and safe protection from error.
Automatic backups setup:
- Go to the File menu and select Save Copy or Back Up.
- Select Backup Copy and click Next.
- Click Options to set your backup defaults and press Next
- Select Change Location or Use this Location.
- click Next
- Click Save it now and schedule future backups ( Press Next)
- Save backup copy automatically when I close my company file every times box.
- Click finish
Scheduled backups setup:
- Go to the File menu > click Save Copy or Backup
- Click Backup Copy > click Next.
- Then click Options to set your backup defaults > click Next
- Click Only schedule future backups > click Next
- Backup on a schedule section of the window press New.
- Enter Description for scheduled backup
- Click Browse to select the folder ( Not use CD-ROM.)
- Now click the checkbox to Number of backups copies to keep
- Click Store Password to open the Store Windows Password window
- Select the time interval for Backups
- Click Ok > click on FINISH
- Click the File menu and select Save Copy or Back Up.
- Select Backup copy> Next > click on Option
- Memory location >Tell us where to save your backup copies
- Select the Remind me to back up when closing data every > approve it
- Add the date and time of the backup to the file name > Click OK
Solution for Re-create backup schedule:
- Click on File > Backup Company > Create Local Backup,
- Choose Local backup and click Next
- Only schedule future backups & Next
- Click on NEW
- Put Description, Location and set the Number of Backup copies to keep
- Select date and time
- Store Password
- Click Ok and Finish
Rename your QuickBooks Desktop company file
I hope this will help you to resolve your issue for QuickBooks Scheduled Backup in the window. If the error still occurs contact our Intuit Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor at our toll-free number.