Developed by Intuit, QuickBooks is a cloud-based accounting software built for businesses from small to medium size. The application comprises many features to simplify the accounting-related processes such as bookkeeping, managing accounts, etcetera. Every business has different requirements, resources, and for that purpose, QuickBooks comes with various versions accordingly. There is QuickBooks Online, QuickBooks, Desktop, QuickBooks For Mac, QuickBooks Enterprise, QuickBooks POS, QuickBooks Premier, and also, QuickBooks Pro. In this article, we will be focusing mainly on QuickBooks Pro vs Premier.
By comparing different aspects of QuickBooks Pro and QuickBooks Premier such as features, pricing, pros, cons, we will provide a clear picture of what might be a better choice.
QuickBooks Pro vs Premier
Built for businesses that necessitate an accounting system that is user-focused and intuitive, QuickBooks Pro is meant for simplifying the financial needs. It is hailed as one of the best versions of QuickBooks.
This version is best-fit for businesses that do not need any extra or advanced inventory traits such as tracking inventory under different locations and requires users less than five.
- Paying bills, tracking expenses, creating invoices, managing payroll, printing checks.
- An email system lets you have multiple attachments and features.
- Save the users time while doing cash flow management tasks.
- The document’s center in QuickBooks Pro permits you to attach and store documents.
- Easy access to the contact information of customers, vendors, and employees.
- Accumulates all the transactions done from different banks for easy access. You can also organize them for tax purposes.
- Has a Calendar view that lets you see tasks that are necessary such as invoices, customer billing.
- Access to customer data through the customer snapshot feature.
- You can create professional forms with its help.
- Real-time access to business activities through company snapshot.
- Making and printing Deposit Slips.
These are some of the main features that QuickBooks Pro comes with.
There are two varieties in QuickBooks Pro which are Pro and Pro Plus. The Pro version costs $299.95. Also, for the first 30 days, you get tech support and a one-time fee only. Pro Plus costs $299.95/year and comes with unlimited technical support, upgrades to the latest version of each year, and data backups.
For a manufacturing business that requires to create a bill of materials, QuickBooks Pro is not a fit software as it allows only up to three users. Also, QuickBooks Pro, you cannot create sales orders.
Reviews of QuickBooks Pro
We got reviews from QuickBooks users that QuickBooks Pro is intuitive and relatively straightforward for use. In creating and sending invoices, one user appreciates it for easy use. But, it can also be difficult when pointing out learning. The user’s comment that desktop editions become out of date after three years.
Manufacturing and wholesale, retail, professional services, contractors, and non-profit are the reports for five industries and industry-particular tools that QuickBooks Premier offers. Using a general business option, Premier configure if you do not want these industry particular features. Also, in QuickBooks Pro, these industry-particular versions involve a personalized chart of accounts lists, products and services lists, and reports which you will not get.
If you work on one of these companies because it meets your specific business requirements then QuickBooks Premier is the best option. You can normally spend time customizing the software and save your precious time.
- Faster Payments feature, an automatic reminder for customer’s due payments.
- A built-in, easy to access report feature that tracks the financial data of the users. The task can be done department and location wise.
- Easily track your sales with the track sales feature.
- Lets you combine multiple invoices into a single email and simply the customer payment process.
- Prioritize sales orders as required.
- With the Billing Rates settings, you are paid with the right amount.
- Industry-specific reporting. Also, 150+ sales and financial tax reports.
- You can customize reports, capabilities, form for the industry respectively.
These were some of the main features of QuickBooks Premier.
QuickBooks Premier has two versions: a Premier and a Premier Plus version like QuickBooks Pro. For QuickBooks Premier, you have to pay $499.95 to get the license for using the software. It also includes the first 30 days of technical support. It has an annual subscription of Premier Plus starting from $499.95 that includes data backup, unlimited support technical care, and updates to the current released version of the current year.
At $499.95/license, you can purchase up to four additional licenses. For many users, QuickBooks also offers discounts. So, you can get an additional license at less price. In case, if more than five users want to authenticate the QuickBooks, then you have to buy QuickBooks Enterprise Software which gives authentication to 30 users.
QuickBooks Premier cannot handle more data in comparison to QuickBooks Enterprise, and it is limited to five users. QuickBooks Enterprise can take care of up to one million users, vendors, and employees. But in QuickBooks Premier, you can handle up to 14,500 customers, vendors, and employees. The Large consolidated companies need parent and subsidiary reporting which QuickBooks Premier cannot handle. However, you can use these features of parent and subsidiary in QuickBooks Enterprise.
Reviews of QuickBooks Premier
The users of QuickBooks say that it’s a great tool for handling their business finances. and, for construction projects. At least one person praised the ability of the program to create detailed cost estimates. But, sometimes, the process of automated backup shuts.
What Is Common Between QuickBooks Pro And Premier?
- They both can track international expenses and sales in different currencies.
- You can view all your customer’s data in one place in both editions.
- Through Pro and Premier, the unpaid vendor bills information can be seen.
- Tracking sales, managing taxes & sales, and checking customer payments is a facility offered by both versions.
- They both have debit cards, credit cards, and ACH Bank Transfer or Apple Pay card payment feature.
- One tap report feature to give authentication to see key reports.
In this article, we have talked about what the versions are, their features, pricing, disadvantages, reviews for you to have a clear understanding. With this, you can buy a version that is most suitable for you and is efficient.
We hope the information was helpful. However, if you have any doubts or require more information, contact our customer support. Call us on our toll-free number and our team of experts and ProAdvisor will guide you through everything. Also, you can get in touch with us for any further queries relating to QuickBooks.