QuickBooks by Intuit is accounting software designed specifically for business management, making accounting activities easy and hassle-free. Being user friendly, it is well known in the market. However, sometimes the users may across bugs and errors while printing, or e-mailing, or saving PDF files in QuickBooks Desktop. For that purpose, the QB PDF Repair Tool comes into play. Introduced by Intuit, the instruments resolves the issues surrounding printing and PDFs.
In the article, we bring forth the basic information of the information, system requirements, installation process, and troubleshooting process for your knowledge. With this, you can manually perform the task and bear fruitful results from the tool.
What Is The Repair Tool?
The QB PDF Repair Tool comes in hand when there is technical complications or faults in the components required during printing documents. In addition to the printing repair tool, it also acts as a PDF repair tool.
- Developer: Intuit
- Language: English
- Version: Latest
- Size: 23 MB
- License: Free & Paid, both
- No. of downloads: 19 M
The System Requirements
Here is a list of all the requirements that your system has to fulfill in order to install the QuickBooks PDF Repair Tool. They are as follows:
- First of all, an internet connection is required for the download.
- 1 GB RAM is needed.
- 512 MB of free hard disk space.
- 266 MHz or more computer processor.
- Compatible with Windows(all versions) Operating Systems.
- 1024 X 768 or more screen resolution is suggested.
If your system fulfills all these requirements, then you can easily download and install the QB PDF Repair Tool.
Problems Solved By The Tool
Below is the accumulated list of the issues the QuickBooks PDF Repair Tool fixes.
- Not being able to print on the printer.
- Problem connecting to the selected printer.
- Issues in printing transactions or reports.
- QB failing to respond.
- The PDF converter is not showing in online mode.
- Error: QuickBooks can’t complete the current action due to a missing component: Missing pdf file component.
- You cannot print directly to the QuickBooks PDF Converter.
- Maybe the device is not ready.
- Or, unable to save a file in the pdf format.
- Next, QuickBooks could not save your form or reports as a .pdf.
- When trying to reconcile accounts, QuickBooks freezes.
- Print Driver Host for 32-bit Applications has Stopped Working.
- QuickBooks PDF Converter Activation Error -20, -30, or -41 will be fixed by this tool.
- Facing errors like 1722 or 1801 while installing PDF Converter.
- Unrecoverable error.
Installing The Repair Tool
The installation process can be performed via two different methods, depending upon your preferred choice.
Way 1: QuickBooks Tool Hub
How To Download And Install?
- First of all, you have to close the QB.
- Download the most recent version (126.96.36.199) of the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Now, store the file somewhere you can easily find it.
- Next, open the downloaded file.
- Follow all the on-screen steps to install it.
- And then agree to the terms and conditions.
- Once the installation is over, then double-click the icon to open it.
Way 2: The Alternative Method
Note: Do keep in mind, when following this alternative way, your QB software is updated to its latest version.
- From the official website of Intuit, download the repair tool.
- After this, open the download, and on the browser, press the Ctrl + J keys.
- Under downloads, locate QuickBooksDesktopPDFTool.exe. Right-click on the file and select Run as admin.
- The application will now scan all the components related to the printing process and then, the command prompt window will pop-up on your screen.
- When the command ‘Added Printer Driver Microsoft XPS Document Writer, Ending QuickBooks Processes In The Background…‘ appears, wait for the app to scan the errors.
- When the process ends, the command prompt window will close and the user will have to reboot the windows. After this, try printing the documents.
Fixing The Problems
Change the folder permissions and select XPS document writer
- First, press the Windows + R keys altogether to open the RUN command.
- Then type %TEMP% and click Enter.
- Right-click on an empty area of the temp folder,
- Next. select Properties and then open the Security tab.
- Verify that all the usernames and groups have Full Control.
- Once the permissions are set to Full Control.
- After that save it as a PDF again within QB.
- When it is over, then confirm that you can print it to your XPS document writer.
- You have to open Notepad.
- Click on the Test option.
- Select the File you want to Print.
- Choose the XPS Document Writer, and then Print.
- Type a filename and save it to your desktop.
- Visit your desktop and view the XPS document you printed from notepad.
In a nutshell, we can say that QuickBooks PDF Repair Tool resolves the issues in Microsoft components that occur during printing. With the help of the provided information, you can get a clear understanding of the issue and solve it as well. You can also contact our team of experts through our toll-free number in case you come across any difficulty.