There is a need to create a payroll summary report for individual employees to check transactions on particular dates. The payroll summary report includes taxes, gross pay and net pay, adjustments, employee salaries, sick and vacation time. If you do not know the process of creating this report, then you do not have to worry because this blog will help you to create a payroll summary report and you can also call QuickBooks Payroll Support phone number to get instant solutions.
Understanding The Summary Report
A few things to know more about this report are as given below:
- Gross Pay: It consists of the commission and additions like bonuses or tips.
- Adjusted Gross Pay: It is the gross pay excluded by the pre-tax deductions like an employee contribution to a 401(k) plan.
- Net Pay: The amount sent to the employee after the taxes and any modifications for the after-tax charges or add-ons.
- Employer Taxes and Contributions: This section of the report displays the amount received while the period is being covered by the report. It doesn’t matter if you or your company paid for them or not.
Create a Payroll Summary Report
Follow the below-mentioned steps in order to Create a payroll summary report:
- Go to Reports menu
- Select Employees & Payroll then choose Payroll Summary.
- Provide a date range to the report.
- Select a date range from the Dates drop-down
- In the From and To fields, enter a date range.
- Click on Refresh.
- Exclude the Hours and/or Rate columns.
- Click on Customize Report.
- Go to the Display tab and unmark the Hours and/or Rate checkboxes
- Click on OK.
- Go to the Filters tab, modify the pay periods by clicking on Pay Period Begin/End Date
- Click on OK once you are done.
- Select Report from the Print drop-down list.
- (Optional) Modify the printer setting if required and then select Print.
- If you want to export this report then we recommend you to go to Export QuickBooks To Excel.
- You may also want to visit: Export Option For Excel Is Grayed Out
Run A Payroll Report On One Employee
In order to run a report for a specific employee, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Go to the Employees menu and click on the Employee Center
- Click on the employee for whom you want to run the report.
- Click one of the reports that reports you would like to run:
- Payroll Summary
- Paid Time Off Report
- Payroll Transaction Detail
How to create a custom summary report
A custom summary report is an open report template that lets you create summary reports from the ground up by selecting sequences of rows and columns. Now you can create it from scratch in QuickBooks Online Accountant.
To create a custom summary report:
- Go to the left menu and choose Reports.
- Go to All tab then in the Business Overview section, then choose the Custom Summary Report.
- Select Customize.
- Place the report filters then select Run report.
- If you want the report for future use.
- Select Save and customization.
Modify the Payroll Summary report in the Employee Center:
- Go to the Employees option, then click on the Employee Center.
- Select the employee on the list.
- If the employee isn’t listed, you may need to change the view (above the employees’ names).
- Following the Reports for this employee.
- Select the Payroll Summary link.
- Adjust the date range appropriately.
This blog helps you to create a payroll summary report in QuickBooks. I hope my all information is useful for all QuickBooks users. If any problem with understanding all steps in the blog you have the option you can contact our QuickBooks Support phone number to solve your all queries.