There are many problems in QuickBooks by which the users have to go through. And, one of the reasons for these errors is QuickBooks Payroll Error PS036. This QuickBooks Error PS036 may affect your business work directly or indirectly. Also, there are several reasons for this error which also may be the reason for the slow working of your computer if it is not processed effectively. An error message has occurred and asks the users to make sure the payroll subscription as the error notification did. It is a general error that has to suffer by QuickBooks Payroll users.
Now, let’s begin to fix Payroll Update error PS036 in QuickBooks but first, we need to find the reasons why this error occurred. If you don’t have enough time to fix this error manually, you can call a Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor to resolve this error by dialing a toll-free number [QuickBooks].
Reasons behind the QuickBooks Payroll Error PS036
- This error may occur when your subscription of Payroll has been invalid or expired. Then you have to take the new subscription for accessing the software.
- It also may be possible that the direct deposit agreement is inactive when multiple payroll agreements are active.
- The Paysub.ini file of the QuickBooks application may be damaged or corrupted.
- Or the file of QuickBooks company damaged because of some reason.
- And, the components, supporting windows, or your QuickBooks application may not be updated.
- The incorrect service key may be what you are using.
- Also, the PSID file of your company is not right.
- The windows version of your operating system may not support the QuickBooks Desktop Application.
- And, there is also a reason for incorrect EIN Number which may cause the error.
In QuickBooks Payroll, the QuickBooks Error PS036 occurs because of multiple reasons. But the most general reason is inactive payroll subscription due to which QuickBooks Error PS036 occurs.
Fix QuickBooks Error PS036
With the help of the solution given below, this QuickBooks Payroll Error code PS036 may be solved:
Method 1: Ensure the subscription of QuickBooks Payroll
- You have to ensure that the latest version of QuickBooks Desktop Application should download and install. Also, the released Tax Table.
- Then, go to the QuickBooks Software and open it, then sign in to your account.
- After that, click on the Employee option then, My Payroll Services, and click on Account or Billing Information.
- And, enter your login credentials and click on sign in.
- Close your system and restart it, and again download all the updates.
- Then, open the software of QuickBooks and make sure if the issue has been fixed.
And, if for your company, you are trying to deposit direct paychecks. Then do not perform the steps of troubleshooting given below in this blog.
Method 2: Change the file name of Paysub.ini
- Firstly, you have to change the settings of your windows folder options, because the ini is a hidden file on the desktop.
- Click on the My Computer icon and then tap on Organize.
- Press on the option of Folder then, Search option, and click on the View tab.
- Tap on the Hidden files and folders and click on view Hidden Files, Folders, and Drivers options.
- Click on the Apply and OK button.
- Then, return to the My Computer then, at the top of the search bar, locate the Paystub.
- After once you locate the Paystub.ini file, select it, and then change its name.
- Then, change the name of file extension with .old from .ini .
- And, all the Paystub files you got, repeat the same steps.
In this article, we explained all the detail related to QuickBooks Payroll Error PS036 in simple and easy words. We hope you would like it and take advantage of this knowledge in fixing the QuickBooks Payroll Error PS036.