QuickBooks Payroll helps to make their work easy for small and medium-sized businesses. With the help of this feature, owners can pay their employees on time without too much inconvenience. QuickBooks supply this payroll service that is very helpful for the business owners who use this service in their business work. To fix QuickBooks Payroll Update Error PS033 you can follow these manual instructions or call a QuickBooks ProAdvisor at toll-free +1-877-326-5998
QuickBooks accounting software combines with a very basic and simply customizable, and also user friendly with very beneficial choices. But there are some consequences when QuickBooks software causes some errors. And, the QuickBooks Payroll Update Error PS033 is one such error. So, in this blog, we are going to know about the solution of QuickBooks Payroll Update Error Ps033.
QuickBooks Payroll Update Error PS033 occurs when from the CPS folder, any one of the files is damaged or corrupted. And when this happens, you can update your QuickBooks with the latest release and also cannot open the company file.
QuickBooks Payroll Update Error PS033
You get some errors while trying to update your QuickBooks Payroll Software or trying to open a company file. The messages were like this: “QuickBooks cannot read the payroll setup files[Error PS033] or Error PS033 is occurred by a corrupted file in the CPS folder”.
Reasons for QuickBooks Payroll Update Error PS033 occurs
The QuickBooks Payroll Update Error PS033 can occur because of some general causes which are mentioned below:
- The Payroll Subscription is not activated.
- There is more than one active payroll in the Inactive Direct Deposit agreement.
- The QuickBooks file is damaged.
- The data of QuickBooks software is corrupted.
- The version of QuickBooks is not upgraded.
- The service key is wrong.
- Wrong or mistyped Employer Identification Number (EIN).
- The company files PSID is wrong.
- QuickBooks Desktop is not compatible with your current Windows Operating System.
- And, the QuickBooks Desktop shows the status of wrong or invalid Employer Identification Number.
Fix QuickBooks Error PS033
Solution 1: Update your payroll to the latest payroll tax table.
- In the QuickBooks software, open the Employees section.
- Select the option of Payroll Update.
- Then, press the button of download to get the latest version of payroll.
- In the end, tap on the update button.
Solution 2: Change the name of the QuickBooks CPS folder
- Go to this directory, C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 20XX\Components\Payroll\CPS. And the XX is the version of your QuickBooks Software.
- Then, change the name of the CPS folder to CP SOLD.
- Select on Update to get the latest QuickBooks payroll tax table.
Solution 3: Turn off the User Account Control
- In the beginning, you have to click on the Start Window icon, type Run on the Search bar, or click the Windows + R.
- Then, in the Run Window write Control Panel, and click on OK.
- Tap on the User Accounts option then opens the view of user accounts classic.
- After that, change the settings of the account control panel and to turn UAC off, move the slider.
- Then, shut and open your computer again, and ensure that the QuickBooks Payroll Error PS033 is solved or not. If it is not solved then try the next solution step.
Solution 4: Reconstruct the data and confirm it.
- Firstly, go to the QuickBooks software and click on the File button.
- Then, you have to click on the Utility option.
- And, select the Rebuild the data.
- A warning message will display on your screen and then press the OK button.
- To save your backup company file, choose the location on your desktop.
- Click on the Ok button by clicking the Enter for saving it.
- Stop and wait for some time, then select the Ok option and rebuild.
- Then, you have to check the data to ensure the rest of the corrupted data.
- And, you have to again press the File and go to the Utility option.
- Tap on the Verify data.
- Then, restore a backup if you have not found any error.
- Select the File button, and press the Restore button (make sure to not overwrite the already existing company file).
Solution 5: You can update the QuickBooks Desktop
- At the start, shut the QuickBooks software and all the company files.
- Click on the Start icon.
- In the search box, type QuickBooks Desktop then right-click on the icon of QuickBooks Desktop and then select the Run as Administrator.
- Then, you can see no option of company data on the desktop screen and then click the F2 button on your keyboard.
- Select the Update QuickBooks option and click on the Options button.
- Then, tick all the options and save it as it is.
- And, press the Update now button then reset the upgraded checkbox and you will get the Updates.
- To complete the upgrade, wait for a while to get the latest update.
- Then close and open again the process, and select the OK for installing the updates.
- In the save mode, restart your computer and the QuickBooks payroll tax table is updated.
To solve the QuickBooks Payroll Update Error PS033. You can follow these steps. After applying all the steps shown above restart your system. We assure you that you will get the solution to your error in QuickBooks. And, we also recommend that you always use the latest upgraded software to get a better experience in your business work.