QuickBooks is excellent accounting software that is used to handle the day to day accounting activities of the activities. It is quite common that you may come across some difficulties. Due to which you are unable to work smoothly on QuickBooks. One of the most common problems is that QuickBooks Outlook is not responding issue. Don’t panic. This blog illustrates all the effective troubleshooting steps that will help you in fixing this problem. QB Outlook is not responding because your antivirus software may block the emails you send from QuickBooks. This might be the reason behind this problem. However, this is generally a setting issue that stops you from sending emails to Outlook.
Points to remember
There are some essential points that will be helpful to you in sending emails to Outlook. They are as follows:
- If you use the correct network, then you should open Outlook outside of QuickBooks.
- If you are unable to access Outlook outside QB, then verify that MS Office 365 admin combines your MS user account.
- Update the Microsoft Office 365 to the latest release version.
- By providing the suitable permissions to antivirus software, this issue can easily be resolved.
It occurs due to:
QuickBooks Outlook is not responding due to several possible reasons. Here is a list of some reasons behind this issue. The reasons are like:
- First of all, your antivirus software is accidentally blocking the QB.
- Using a QB version that doesn’t support Outlook.
- The outlook is not installed properly.
- Your account is not set up in Microsoft Outlook.
- It is not present in the default email program.
- Maybe your QuickBooks is hosted on the Cloud and your service provider doesn’t have Office installed as a hosted application.
Troubleshooting steps to fix QuickBooks Outlook is not responding issue
If you want to fix the QuickBooks Outlook is not responding issue, then you have to follow some troubleshooting steps such as:
Modify system settings
- First, open QuickBooks Desktop.
- Next, click the F2 key and then click the F3 key to open the Help window.
- Visit the Open File tab, and then open the QBW.INI file from the list.
- This file opens in Notepad, and add a new line at the bottom of the text.
- Click on that File and then save it.
- After saving the file, close the Notepad.
- Now, again start QuickBooks.
Update MS Office 365 to the latest release
- First of all open Outlook.
- Click on the File tab, and then select Office Account >> About Outlook button.
- Ensure that you see the latest release of build 12527.20242.
- To update to the latest release, click on Update Options. Then select the Update Now option.
- Access QuickBooks and then try to email your report or transaction again.
Alter your admin rights
- Firstly, close the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Under the Windows Start menu, type QB into the search bar.
- Right-click on the QB icon and choose Open file location.
- In the folder, right-click on the QuickBooks.exe file and select Properties.
- From the Compatibility tab, and choose to uncheck the Run this program as Administrator option.
- If the option is not visible, then select Show Settings for All Users. This will makes the option available.
- Choose Apply and then click OK to move further.
- Again access QB and then send a test email or transaction.
Verify your Internet Explorer email preferences
- Firstly, you have to close the QuickBooks.
- From the Internet Explorer, choose Tools >> Settings menu >> Internet options.
- Under the Programs tab, click on Set Programs >> Set your default program.
- You can select the email service you want to use.
- And select Apply and then close the Internet Explorer.
Do a clean installation
- After opening the Windows Start menu, click on Control Panel.
- Select Programs and Features or Uninstall a Program from the Control Panel.
- From the installed program list, select the version of QuickBooks Desktop you’re having problems with.
- Next, click on Uninstall/Change and remove QB.
- If you don’t see this option, then sign out and sign back into Windows as an admin.
- When it is over, reinstall QB.
QuickBooks Outlook is not responding due to inappropriate antivirus software settings. Generally, it a setting issue that stops you from sending emails to Outlook. Therefore, it is recommended to update Microsoft Office 365 to the latest release to get rid of this issue. By following the above steps you can easily fix this problem.