In QuickBooks Pro, now a single person can use it on two computers or multiple users can also use it by just installing the multiuser mode. To use the QuickBooks Software, each individual user should have a valid license. If you have installed the QuickBooks Database Server Manager on your server and allow users to authenticate your QuickBoos company file then the only authorized users can login and authenticate the same QuickBooks file. Your system is scanned by the QuickBooks Database Server Manager for files updating and new computer files configured automatically to sync with authorized networks connected to your computer. In Blog we are going to know about the QuickBooks multi-user mode and how to fix QuickBooks multi-user mode not working.
There might be a situation when the QuickBooks mode is not working. It happens when you have changed mode from single to QuickBooks multi user. Then, there is a possibility to face QuickBooks Error H202. but, an unusual error where you do not get the error instead of this, it gets passed on to the other system because this is a standard. Reason of this problem may be that the Company file which you are trying to find, is located on another computer and on that computer that file has not reached the server.
Why the QuickBooks Multi-User Mode not Working
- In the system, QuickBooks could not find the IP address.
- Where you saved the QuickBooks company file, the anti-virus system is not permitting access to that system.
- The connection is interrupted by the Windows firewall.
- Wrong settings of the hosting configuration.
Conditions before solving the multi-user mode problem
- You have to make sure about some prerequisites before you are going to solve the QuickBooks Multi-User Mode working error.
- The QuickBooks Database Server should have to be installed in your system, so make sure about it.
- The version you are using of QuickBooks, make sure to install the same version of the Server Manager.
After this, let’s know about how we can solve the QuickBooks multi-user not working problem.
Steps to Solve the Multi-User Mode not Working Error
You can perform the QuickBooks Multi-User setup solutions steps after once you go through with the terms and conditions. So, let’s start:
In the very first step, you have to set hosting to local files with the help of mentioned below steps, if you want to solve the QuickBooks multi-user mode working error.
So go and check the set of hosting to local files in the given steps to start the multi-user not working error:
- Go to the QuickBooks software and click the F2 button for opening and read the product information.
- Go through and make sure that hosting is going for the local file after once on the screen, there is local server information.
You have to restart the QuickBooks Database Server Manager after once you completed the settings with the hosting.
- In the beginning, click on the Windows Start icon button and select from the given menu option.
- Then, in the open field, fill in the ‘services.msc’.
- Do the right-click and tap on the start button and close the Window.
- The extensions will show for the known file types.
- Do the right-click on the start button given on your desktop and click on the given option of explore.
- Then, you have to choose the tool menu and folder.
- After that, tap on the view tab, then explicit the hidden extensions.
- Click on the View tab and select to display the hidden files.
- In the end, shut the Window Explorer.
Now delete the ‘.ND’ file, after the restart.
- Firstly, locate the .ND file.
- Then, right-click on it and press on Delete.
Then, recreate the .ND file after once the .ND file is deleted.
- Press on the Start button.
- Choose all the options given there, QuickBooks then QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Click on the Scanning option.
- Then, browse the Company file after pressing the add folder button.
- After that, choose the company file of the company and press the OK button.
- In the end, press the Scan button, once the scanning is done, shut that tab.
You have to make sure that the system of clients is not accessing the company file in this step and should off the display of hosting. If in situation, the display option is not OFF of the hosting then switch modes of hosting:
- First of all, as an administrator, login to the QuickBooks software.
- Then click on the option as mentioned here, first click on the menu button then, Utilities then, Stop hosting Multi-User authorization.
- After that, click on the ‘Yes’ button and then QuickBooks will close your company file and open it again automatically.
- Then, you have to click on the F2 button to go through the information given on the screen.
How you can Install the QuickBooks Database Server
- On your dedicated file server computer, close the running programs, including the program of virus protection that might be the obstacle in the installation. Then, click on ‘Alt + F4’ and shut all the running applications in your Operating System.
- Then, insert the QuickBooks CD or you can download it from the official page of QuickBooks. Ansd, initiate the installation program. Then double-click the file of the installer, if you have downloaded the version of QuickBooks.
- When promoted to overwrite existing files and click ‘Yes to All’ and tick to the terms and conditions then Next.
- Click on ‘Custom and Network Options’ and click on that given option which does not need a license and authenticate you to install only the information to transfer the company information on the network.
- Click on the more than one user option and then install the database server only. Go through the rules that will bring you to the installation. Choose those choices which authenticates the other organizations to open files on the computer.
- Then install, and press on Finish to open the QuickBooks.
- In the QuickBooks Database Server Manager, select the folder scanning option.
- Press the Add folder option and choose the directory where you want to store your company file. Or, if you are not sure then select the scan all folder option. Otherwise the other cannot open the company file remotely.
- When the scan process will done then, press on scan and then close it.
The solutions of QuickBooks multi-user mode not working problem is very helpful for you. If you get this in the situation then the above steps will help surely. And, if you don’t have enough time to read and go through this whole blog. Then, simply you can contact us on the toll-free number of QuickBooks Support. And, our experienced and technical experts will guide you to the solutions. You can directly contact them by ringing on the QuickBooks Online Support Phone Number.