In QuickBooks Pro, a single person can use it on two computers or multiple users can also use it by just installing the multiuser mode. To use QuickBooks Accounting Software, each individual user should have a valid license and permissions. If you have installed the QuickBooks Database Server Manager on your server and allow users to authenticate your QuickBooks company file then the only authorized users can log in and authenticate the same QuickBooks file. Your system is scanned by the QuickBooks Database Server Manager for files updating and new computer files configured automatically to sync with authorized networks connected to your computer. In the article, we are going to know about QuickBooks multi-user mode and how to fix QuickBooks multi-user mode not working.
There might be a situation when the QuickBooks mode is not working. It happens when you have changed mode from single to QuickBooks multi-user. Then, there is a possibility to face QuickBooks Error H202. But, an unusual error where you do not get the error instead of this, it gets passed on to the other system because this is a standard. The reason for this problem may be that the Company file which you are trying to find, is located on another computer, and on that computer, that file has not reached the server.
Why the QuickBooks Multi-User Mode not Working
- In the system, QuickBooks could not find the IP address.
- Where you saved the QuickBooks company file, the anti-virus system is not permitting access to that system.
- The connection is interrupted by the Windows firewall and antivirus applications.
- Wrong settings of the hosting configuration.
- Quickbooks application is not installed in the host system.
- The database is unable to open Quickbooks company files.
Conditions before solving the multi-user mode problem
- You have to make sure about some prerequisites before you are going to solve the QuickBooks Multi-User Mode working error.
- QuickBooks Database Server should have to be installed in your system.
- The version you are using QuickBooks, make sure to install the same version of the Server Manager.
After this, let’s know about how we can solve the QuickBooks multi-user not working problem.
Steps to Solve the Multi-User Mode Error
You can perform the QuickBooks Multi-User setup solutions steps after once you go through with the terms and conditions. This issue is associated with Quickbooks error codes H101, H202, H303, H505. So, let’s have a look at steps that can solve the issue.
Download, install & use QuickBooks File Doctor (in server)
Make sure that you download and run the QuickBooks file doctor on the server. This is important to fix the H Series and the QuickBooks multi-user Hosting Errors. You can download it with or without a license. Now follow the steps shown below-
- Open the official website of Quickbooks and download and install the Quickbooks tool hub.
- Go in company file issues and run Quickbooks file doctor.
- The Quickbooks file doctor will solve the issue by itself.
- Now to fix the QuickBooks Multi-User Hosting Errors search QB company files locally on the server. In case, it is not available in the drop-down list.
- Choose the “Check your network” icon & tap on the “Continue” tab.
- On the server system, choose the “Server” icon.
- After seeing the notification related to the sharing folder – click on the “Yes”
- Click on the Windows Start Menu.
- Search for “Control Panel” and hit enter.
- Choose Programs and Features or Uninstall a Program.
- Select the version of QuickBooks Desktop you’re having problems with from the list of installed programs.
- Click on Uninstall/Change and follow the onscreen instructions. If you don’t see this option, sign out and sign back into Windows as an admin (or a user with admin rights).
Renaming .TLG and .ND File
- Close the QuickBooks from all systems.
- Now, open the company file folder on the host system.
- Find and select the.TLG file associated with the QuickBooks file having this error.
- Right-click the.TLG and then rename it. Add the prefix OLD before the name and hit Enter.
- Now, repeat the same steps.ND file, and close the QuickBooks company file folder.
- Now, open the company file, and you are done.
Turn off hosting from workstations
You have to make sure that the system of clients is not accessing the company file in this step and should off the display of hosting. If in the situation, the display option is not of the hosting then switch modes of hosting:
- First of all, as an administrator, log in to the QuickBooks.
- Then click on the option as mentioned here, firstly, click on the menu button then, Utilities then, Stop hosting Multi-User authorization.
- After that, click on the ‘Yes’ button and then QuickBooks will close your company file and open it again automatically.
- Then, you have to click on the F2 button to go through the information given on the screen.
Create a new folder for your company
- First of all, you have to “Create the new folder” and share it with the hosting computer.
- Set windows to get the entry to share your company files.
- Copy the “.qbw file” to the new folder.
- Finally, open your company files in Multi-User Mode.
Configure the firewall settings
Uninstall the AVG program to modify the windows defender. After that follow the steps to configure the firewall settings:
- Open“windows firewall settings“.
- Right-click on the “Outbound Rules” and then select “New Rule“.
- The next step is to opt for the “Ports” option, click on “Next“.
- Select the TCP and the specific local ports box.
- Select allow the connection after clicking on next.
- Enter a name in the name field when you move to the next page, now click on the finish option.
- Follow the same steps for “Inbound rules“.
- In the end, open QuickBooks in “multi-user mode“
Step set hosting to local files
In the very first step, you have to set hosting to local files with the help of the mentioned below steps, if you want to solve the QuickBooks multi-user mode working error.
So go and check the set of hosting to local files in the given steps to start the multi-user not working error:
- Go to the QuickBooks software and click the F2 button for opening and read the product information.
- Go through and make sure that hosting is going for the local file after once on the screen, there is local server information.
Download and install QuickBooks database server manager
- On your dedicated file server computer, close the running programs, including the program of virus protection that might be the obstacle in the installation. Then, click on ‘Alt + F4’ and shut all the running applications in your Operating System.
- Then, insert the QuickBooks CD or you can download it from the official page of QuickBooks. And, initiate the installation program. Then double-click the file of the installer, if you have downloaded the latest version of QuickBooks.
- When prompted to overwrite existing files and click ‘Yes to All’ and tick to the terms and conditions then Next.
- Click on ‘Custom and Network Options’ and click on that given option which does not need a license and authenticate you to install only the information to transfer the company information on the network.
- Click on the more than one user option and then install the database server only. Go through the rules that will bring you to the installation. Choose those choices which authenticate the other organizations to open files on the computer.
- Then install, and press on Finish to open the QuickBooks.
- In the QuickBooks Database Server Manager, select the folder scanning option.
- Press the Add folder option and choose the directory where you want to store your company file. Or, if you are not sure then select the scan all folder option. Otherwise the other cannot open the company file remotely.
- When the scan process is done then, press on scan and then close it.
The solutions of QuickBooks multi-user mode not working problem is very helpful for you. If you get this in the situation then the above steps will help surely. And, if you don’t have enough time to read and go through this whole blog. Then, simply you can contact us on the toll-free number +1-850-203-4458 of QuickBooks Support. And, our experienced and technical experts will guide you to the solutions. You can directly contact them by ringing on the Phone Number +1-850-203-4458. You can also contact us for any queries related to Quickbooks.
Keep Sharing, Keep Smiling:)