QuickBooks has stopped working is an error message or notification shown on the windows when the user tries to open the QuickBooks program. It provides information related to accounting and records all the inventory and transactions of the user or business for the purpose of maintaining the information for future use. QuickBooks users face several errors like error 6123 0, H101, H202, and H505. Recently joined QuickBooks users face “QuickBooks has stopped working” error when they try open company file in a QuickBooks software.
QuickBooks has stopped working error comes when a user or client is creating, deleting and updating transactions in the QuickBooks Software and also while opening and closing the QuickBooks program. The App crash message error code “QBW32.EXE” is displayed on the QuickBooks Desktop. The troubleshooting of QuickBooks has stopped working requires app crash which is the copy of data file and open it with the help of QuickBooks. And rename the TLG file to TLG1 or any other name and restart QuickBooks.
Symptoms related to QuickBooks has stopped working:-
Since this error does not provide any error message to the users, so it is necessary for all of them to know all the symptoms related to this error. Some of them are listed below:-
- QuickBooks starts freezing after some time period of opening it.
- Mouse pointer and keyboard start lagging.
- QuickBooks quits all at once when you open the company file.
- QuickBooks stops even before loading the dashboard.
- Other Windows applications also respond slow and experience freezing issues.
Issues of QuickBooks has stopped working:-
There is a number of issues QuickBooks has stopped working error messages shown by the QuickBooks program.
- QBWUSER.INI file is missing or corrupted hence QuickBooks has stopped working.
- The user makes the company file name is too big.
- The Operating System File is corrupted.
- Junk file is stored in Hard-Disk.
- The Function of QuickBooks desktop display not work properly.
- When you have duplicate or Corrupted Windows operating system.
- Missed or damaged QB Desktop installation files.
- The QuickBooks Software improperly Installed our window.
Important: Another type of error in a QuickBooks Program when the user opens the company file in our QuickBooks Software is called QuickBooks BEX Error. If any error is displayed on the desktop window, check the online solution of the problem and find out the problem is BEX or not and troubleshoot it. Whenever a situation of damaged or missing data files is prevailing in the QuickBooks Software, QuickBooks has stopped working occurs.
There are numbers of steps that can help you to solve the Problems:
Step 1: QuickBooks Refresher Tool.
The QB Refresher tool performs a mini repair on your QuickBooks Desktop and it running in the background.
- Firstly, close all QuickBooks Desktop versions and download the QB Refresher Tool.
- Save the default QB refresher file on your desktop.
- Click on the Refresher tool and run it.
- After running the QB refresher tool, reopen QuickBooks Desktop.
If the error still exists after following the above steps and the system does not work properly, go to step 2.
Step 2: QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool.
- Firstly, download and update the QB Diagnostic Tool.
- Install the toolkit file in QuickBooks desktop.
- Save tool file on the local desktop.
- Close Currently opened the QB program and run the QB Install Tool. Diagnostic tools will take some time for the completion of the process depending on your computer’s performance and internet speed.
- After running the tool ensure that all components are properly updated or not.
- Then Restart your Computer.
Step 3: Disable Antivirus programs:
To follow this step, if any warning or error message is displayed on the screen, firstly disable the anti-virus program present in your computer system. It is because sometimes anti-virus interacts with QuickBooks company file. After disabling the antivirus software, QuickBooks has stopped working error can be resolved.
Step 4: Scan Hard-Disk:
Repairing and scanning hard-disk means to remove the bad sector into the storage part of our computer.
- Open File Explorer and Right-click on Local Disk (C:).
- Select Properties in the given list.
- Mark check Scan and attempt recovery of bad sectors and along with it also check automatically fix file system error options.
- Click Start and wait.
Step 5: Reinstall using Clean Install Tool:
The Clean Install Tool removes all the information and installed files from your computer. The clean install process is necessary when QuickBooks Desktop displays the QuickBooks has stopped error message. Firstly, uninstall the QuickBooks Software from your control panel and download the new and updated version of QuickBooks software and Clean Install file. The Clean Install file has to follow normal procedures and register itself with the product name and license number which are allotted by the QuickBooks service providers during the first installation of Clean Install. And then Open the Company file in QuickBooks program.
When any error messages appear in Windows 10, then install Clean Install Tool because the clean install tool will remove QuickBooks has stopped working error from Windows 10.
Step 6: Create a new Windows Admin User
If your current Window is corrupted, it is necessary to create a new window user login so that you can open your file from that Window.
Windows 7: My computer is on a domain
- Open Microsoft Console by clicking the start button, type MMC into the search box and then press Enter.
- Then type the password or provide confirmation on the administrator.
- Click on Local Users and Groups in the left pane of Management Console.
- Click on the Users folder and then click the Action menu.
- After the Clicking action menu clicks New User to create a new user for your window.
- Fill all the information in the dialog box, and then click Create.
- After executing the process of creating a new user account, click on the close icon.
If there is any part that you are unable to understand to resolve the “QuickBooks has stopped working problem”, please contact the QuickBooks Service Providers. They have a team of highly efficient technical ProAdvisors who can understand your issue and help you to troubleshoot the problems.