QuickBooks is incredible accounting software that manages all your finances and accounting transactions under one roof. It manages your invoices, taxation, etc. But it also has some drawbacks which include the QuickBooks has stopped working error. This an error message or notification shown on windows when the user tries to open the QuickBooks program. QuickBooks users face several more errors like 6123 0, H101, H202, and H505.
“QuickBooks has stopped working” error comes when a user or client is creating, deleting, and updating transactions in the QuickBooks Accounting Software and also while opening and closing the QuickBooks program. The app crash message error code “QBW32.EXE” is displayed on the QuickBooks Desktop. The troubleshooting of “QuickBooks has stopped working“ is very essential to have an effortless and smooth business running in the future. To resolve the issue, keep reading the article as this article provides different ways to solve the issue.
Symptoms of “QuickBooks has stopped working” Error:-
Sometimes the error does not provide any error message to the users. So, all must know all the symptoms related to this error. Some of them are listed below:-
- QuickBooks error popups on screen.
- QuickBooks starts freezing after some period of opening it.
- The mouse pointer and keyboard start lagging.
- QuickBooks quits all at once when you open the company file.
- QuickBooks stops even before loading the dashboard.
- Your system shuts down.
- Other Windows applications also respond slow and experience freezing issues.
Why Has QuickBooks Stopped Working:-
There are a number of causes and effects of the “QuickBooks has stopped working” error shown by the QuickBooks program. Some of them are stated below-
- QBWUSER.INI file is missing or corrupted hence QuickBooks has stopped working.
- The user makes the company file name too big which leads to software crashes.
- The Operating System File is corrupted.
- Junk files stored in hard-disk or hard-drive got corrupted.
- The functions of the QuickBooks desktop display do not work properly.
- When you have a duplicate or corrupted windows operating system.
- Missed or damaged QB Desktop installation files.
- Your antivirus program may deny the launching of QuickBooks if it found QB defected.
- The QuickBooks Software improperly installed the window.
There Are Numbers Of Ways That Can Help You To Solve The Problems:
Way 1: QuickBooks Refresher Tool
The QB Refresher tool performs a mini repair on your QuickBooks Desktop and is running in the background.
- Firstly, close all QuickBooks Desktop versions and download the QB Refresher Tool.
- Save the default QB refresher file on your desktop.
- Click on the Refresher tool and run it.
- After running the QB refresher tool, reopen QuickBooks Desktop.
If the error still exists after following the above steps and the system does not work properly, read further to resolve your issue.
Way 2: QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool.
- Firstly, download and update the QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool.
- Install the toolkit file on QuickBooks desktop.
- Save tool file on the local desktop.
- Close Recently opened the QB program and ran the QB Install Tool. Diagnostic tools will take some time for the completion of the process depending on your computer’s performance and internet speed.
- After running the tool ensures that all components are properly updated or not.
- Then Restart your Computer.
- Update all your segments to the latest version to fix the issue.
Way 3: Distinct name to all QB.INI files:
- Renaming the QBWUSER.INI files can fix the internal problem which is occurring when you open QuickBooks Desktop.
- It deletes the rundown of beforehand opened organization documents. Open your organization files physically again.
- Rename the EntitlementDatastore.ecml file.
- After following the above steps try opening a test company file to check the results.
Way 4: Disable Antivirus Programs and Reboot
To follow this step, if any warning or error message is displayed on the screen, firstly disable the anti-virus program present in your computer system. It is because sometimes anti-virus interacts with QuickBooks company files and does not allow them to run. After temporarily disabling the antivirus software, errors can be resolved.
- Restart your system once.
- Turn off your antivirus software
- You can consult an IT professional to temporarily turn off your antivirus software.
Way 5: Scan Hard-Disk:
Repairing and scanning hard-disk means to remove the bad sector into the storage part of our computer.
- Open File Explorer and Right-click on Local Disk (C:).
- Select Properties in the given list.
- Mark check Scan and attempt recovery of bad sectors and along with it also check automatically fix file system error options.
- Click Start and wait.
Way 6: Reinstall Using Clean Install Tool:
The Clean Install Tool removes all the information and installed files from your computer. The clean install process is necessary when QuickBooks Desktop displays the QuickBooks has stopped error message. Firstly, uninstall the QuickBooks Software from your control panel and download the new and updated version of QuickBooks software and Clean Install file. The Clean Install file has to follow normal procedures and register itself with the product name and license number which are allotted by the QuickBooks service providers during the first installation of Clean Install. And then Open the Company file in the QuickBooks program.
When any error messages appear in Windows 10, then install Clean Install Tool because the clean install tool will remove QuickBooks has stopped working error from Windows 10.
Way 7: Access File From A Different Location
Accessing the company file from the other location might help in resolving the issue to a certain extent.
- Press Windows + E together from your computer.
- Open a new window and find the data file with the .qbw extension.
Copy the item by right-clicking on it.
- Create a new folder in the C drive and name it QBTEST.
- Open the folder and paste the file there.
- Open the QuickBooks by pressing the CTRL-key.
- Select the ‘open or restore an existing company’ option.
- Now, open the QBTEST folder and check if the error persists.
Way 8: Create a new Windows Admin User
If your current Window is corrupted, it is necessary to create a new window user login so that you can open your file from that Window. Follow the following steps to do so-
- Press the start button and select the control panel.
- Tap on “Add or Remove user account”.
- Create a new user with the help of the manage accounts dialogue box.
- Type the account name and create an admin account.
- You are done creating a new user account on the Windows operating system.
If Error Occurs After Updating To Windows 10
If the user is facing the discussed error after updating to windows 10 then follow the following steps-
- Open the control panel and look for the option of windows firewall.
- Select advanced setting options and the outbound rules option.
- Click on the new rule tap and choose the program checkbox.
- Tap on next.
- Check the program path option and copy the location of QuickBooks.
- Select the block connection option then checkmark the public, private, or domain checkbox.
- Rename it and then finish. You are good to go now.
If you are still facing some issues with your windows and QuickBooks contact Microsoft and QuickBooks support team. Please make sure that your elements are updated to their latest version.
Windows 7: My Computer Is On A Domain
- Open Microsoft Console by clicking the start button, type MMC into the search box and then press Enter.
- Then type the password or confirm the administrator.
- Click on Local Users and Groups in the left pane of the Management Console.
- Click on the Users folder and then click the Action menu.
- After the Clicking action menu clicks New User to create a new user for your window.
- Fill all the information in the dialog box, and then click Create.
- After executing the process of creating a new user account, click on the close icon.
We hope that now you can work again on your QuickBooks software. As of now, you can easily fix the QuickBooks has stopped working error.