The H code error series comes under the network issues. QuickBooks Error H101, H103, H202, and H505 commonly occur when you want to switch into multi-user mode, It means there is something that prevents the server from using multi-user mode.QuickBooks Error H101, H202, H303, and H505 is the most common error in QuickBooks. The error occurred when you were trying to access a QuickBooks company file from another system. It is important to fix the error as soon as possible to avoid future damage in your company files. You can get in touch with experts by dial toll-free numbers.
QuickBooks H series error codes often arise in the multi-user mode. The main reason behind this error code is QuickBooks users trying to open the QuickBooks file from one system to another. To resolve this particular issue- you can use the QuickBooks file doctor tool for efficient diagnosis. Make sure that your Quickbooks application is updated.
The reason behind QuickBooks Error H101, H202, H303 and H505
- If the QuickBooks tried to build a connection to the QuickBooks company files, however, unable to communicate with the server.
- Whenever a wrong hosting configuration setting: it is necessary that a server holding the QuickBooks files should have hosting turn on.
- When QuickBooks’ firewall posts are not provisioned properly: At times, the windows firewall banned the passage of incoming & outgoing services to the QuickBooks company files.
- When the server contains out of the order QuickBooks installation: the user tries to run the database service, out of the order QuickBooks Database server manager shoots an error.
- Hosting configuration settings are incorrect: the main computer which physically has QB files stored in it should have its hosting turned on.
- When the setting of DNS is incorrect
- QuickBooks services like QuickBooksDBXX/QBCF are not started
- QuickBooks Database Server Manager is unable to find the IP address of the host computer or using a different IP address.
- When QuickBooks Firewall setting blocking to access files or it’s blocking the outgoing and incoming connection.
Symptoms for Error H101, H202, H303 and H505
Company Desktop is trying to make a connection to company files, but unable to communicate with the server. These are several reasons behind the occurrence of these errors-
- The error appears on screen and crashes the active program window.
- System crashing frequently while running the same program.
- Error code messages pop up on the screen.
- The system freezes frequently for some seconds.
- Slow response of windows and windows doesn’t respond to inputs of keyboard and mouse.
Fix QuickBooks Error Code H101, H202, H303 and H505
There are some methods of fix to the QuickBooks Error H101, H202, H303 and H505:-
- Download, Install & use QuickBooks File Doctor
- Verify the Hosting and Services
- Create a new folder for your company file
- Configure the firewall settings
- Download and install QuickBooks database server manager
- Ping the server system
- Rename the.TNG and.ND file
#1 Download, install & use QuickBooks File Doctor (in server)
Make sure that you download and run the QuickBooks file doctor on the server. This is important to fix the H Series and the QuickBooks multi-user Hosting Errors. You can download it with or without a license. Now follow the steps shown below-
- Open the official website of Quickbooks and download and install Quickbooks tool hub.
- Go in company file issues and run Quickbooks file doctor.
- The Quickbooks file doctor will solve the issue by itself.
- Now to fix the QuickBooks Multi-User Hosting Errors search QB company files locally on the server. In case, it is not available in the drop-down list.
- Choose the “Check your network” icon & tap on the “Continue” tab.
- On the server system, choose the “Server” icon.
- After seeing the notification related to the sharing folder – click on the “Yes”.
#2 Verify the Hosting and Services
Verify the Hosting
- On each and every Hosting Desktop Open QuickBooks and go to “File” then choose “Ütilites”.
- If you see the Host Multi-User Access icon on the list, that means this desktop is not operating the company files. Move on to the next desktop.
- If you see the “Stop Hosting Multi-Users Access” icon, then pick it.
- In the company, the File must be closed windows. Click “Yes”.
Verify the QuickBooks Services
Operates the computer server, QuickBooks DBXX, and QuickBooks QBCFMonitorservice are working.
- In order, you press “Window+R” opening the run box.
- Type in the run box “Service.MSC” click the enter tab.
- If unable to see QuickBooksDBXX Service
- Using the Database Service Manager, then confirm that the database service manager is also installed on the server.
- If you run the full program on the server, open QuickBooks, and choose to verify that hosting is enabled.
- Scroll down & find the “QuickBooksDBXX” Service.
- And confirm that the startup type and service status is running.
- Choose the “Recovery Tab”.
- Click on the “Save the changes”.
- Repeat all steps for “QBCFMonitorService”.
- Now open your QuickBooks in the multi-user mode on each workshop.
#3 Create a new folder for your company
- First of all, you have “Create the new folder” and share at the hosting computer
- Set windows to get the entry to share your company files.
- Copy the “.qbw file” to the new folder.
- Finally, open your company files in Multi-User Mode.
#4 Configure the firewall settings
Uninstall the AVG program to modify the windows defender. After that follow the steps to configure the firewall settings:
- Open“windows firewall settings“.
- Right-click on the “Outbound Rules” and then select “New Rule“.
- The next step is to opt for the “Ports” option, click on “Next“.
- Select the TCP and the specific local ports box.
- Select allow the connection after clicking on next.
- Enter a name in the name field when you move to the next page, now click on the finish option.
- Follow the same steps for “Inbound rules“.
- In the end, open QuickBooks in “multi-user mode“
#5 Download and install QuickBooks database server manager
Install QuickBooks database server manager on the system as it creates a connection between the server and other connected workstations. Simply run the tool from the QB tool hub you have installed earlier. This connection is very essential if you want to get rid of the H series in Quickbooks.
#6 Ping the Host system
- Open the “run window” in the system facing the error.
- Put “CMD” in the text field, and click ok.
- After that, the user needs to “ping the server” from the workstation.
- Now type “ping [servername]“, hit enter now. Note- brackets used here should not be used while carrying out the actual step.
- Repeat the same step with each workstation facing an issue.
- In the case of slow replies, your network needs to be repaired.
#7 Renaming .TLG and .ND File
- Close the QuickBooks accounting software on all systems.
- Now, open the company file folder on the host system.
- Find and select the.TLG file associated with the QuickBooks file having this error.
- Right-click the.TLG and then rename it. Add prefix OLD before the name and hit Enter.
- Now, repeat the same steps for .ND file, and close QuickBooks company file folder.
- Now, open the company file, and you are done.
We hope that now you will be able to Fix QuickBooks Error H101, H202, H303, and H505 by applying the given steps. If you are still in the same situation and unable to fix the issue by processing the steps, get help from a professional or call our toll-free number +1-818-850-7805 to get instant help. You can also contact us if you have any other queries or issues related to Quickbooks.
Keep Sharing, Keep Smiling:)