QuickBooks error code 80029c4a is one of the common errors you may face when you want to open QuickBooks but your QuickBooks won’t open. When it happens, you may see a QuickBooks error 80029c4a message on your screen. So learn here to get rid of this error by applying these simple steps given below in this post. As we all are aware of the importance of QuickBooks accounting software in small and medium-sized business accounting. With the help of QuickBooks, you can create invoices, pay bills, manage your inventory and much more. But there are some issues or errors you might face while working on your accounting software. Don’t worry we are here to help you to get out of this. You can resolve this error by following the giving instructions. First of all, you have to start troubleshooting with your anti-virus. Check your anti-virus if it is working or not. If this will not help you to resolve the issue, then reinstalling your QuickBooks software is the only option you have. Follow the instruction to reinstall your QuickBooks:
Symptoms and causes of QuickBooks error code 80029c4a
There are several symptoms that are encountered due to error 80029c4a. Few of them, are included below:-
- There is a message shown on your screen which tells that Error 80029c4a has been found.
- The program which is currently running will begin to crash.
- Your system crashes frequently.
- Windows runs and responds slow.
- Your system gets hanged for a while.
There are lots of causes that encounter error 80029c4a. One of the most common reasons is the blocking and deletion of QuickBooks Pro software executable files by the anti-virus program that marks them unsafe.
Check these causes to know the reason behind the error.
Several other reasons are also there. We have listed them below:-
- This Error 80029c4a key occurred when Dynamic Link Library files are corrupted or missing.
- QuickBooks components do not start or work properly.
- If your window registry is corrupted.
- If your file is deleted mistakenly from your system.
- Incomplete anti-virus installation or it is not working properly.
- Error 80029c4a appears frequently while you are installing a program.
Fix QuickBooks Error 80029c4a
The process of fixing the QuickBooks error 80029c4a is very simple. The existence of this error will stop you to continue with your work on QuickBooks. It is very necessary to resolve this error as soon as possible. Let’s get started on how to fix QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a, which is the most important part. Follow the steps which are mentioned below very carefully. These steps are pretty simple.
If you found that the error 80029c4a has occurred in which your system and it does not work. You don’t have to take worry because we have got you covered. Start by Checking your Antivirus Software. If that does not work, we will walk you through how to reinstall Quickbooks Desktop.
Solution-1: Update your Anti-Virus or security software and rescan your computer
One of the most common reasons for encountering error 80029c4a is marking of QuickBooks Executable files unsafe by anti-virus. If you don’t know how to solve this issue then follow the following instructions:-
- Right-click on your Anti-virus Software icon.
- Goto the updates section and clicks on update.
- When the process of updating the anti-virus got completed, perform a full scan of your system with the help of that anti-virus.
- Check whether anti-virus includes any of the QuickBooks files or not.
- If yes, then go to the solution number.
- If the antivirus does not include any QuickBook files, then restart the system and open QuickBooks software again and check whether QB error is eliminated or not.
IMPORTANT: It is important to consult the User’s Guide before you proceed to make any changes in your security software or antivirus system.
Solution-2: Run Reboot.bat
In this solution for removing QuickBooks Error 80029c4a, we will use reboot.bat file from the QuickBooks Pro Software program files. If you want to solve the error then follow the given steps.
- Close QuickBooks Window.
- Now, right-click the QuickBooks Desktop icon to open the menu.
- Click on Open file location option.
- Search the reboot.bat file from the file location.
- Make a Right-click on the reboot.bat file and then choose the option run as administrator.
- Now grant admin access.
- Now, QuickBooks Pro Software will automatically reboot.
- Once the reboot process gets completed, restart your computer.
Solution-3: Repair your QuickBooks Pro Software
If after performing the previously listed solutions the error still exits, then repair your QuickBooks Pro Software to remove QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a. It’s quite simple. Follow the following instruction carefully:-
- Firstly, you have to close QuickBooks Pro Software.
- Now, go to the search bar and search control panel.
- After opening it, select uninstall/change from the program menu.
- Select QuickBooks from the list of programs that are shown on the menu.
- Right-click on QuickBooks and click on uninstall/change.
- Click Next in the QuickBooks installation window, and then select the Repair option from the radio button.
- Now the repair process will start.
- After the completion of the process, click Finish.
- After following all these steps you will find that the error might have been solved.
- Now you only need to reboot your system.
- Verify QuickBooks software by opening your QuickBooks Pro Software.
Solution-4: Perform a clean install of QuickBooks Desktop
If any of the above-listed steps are not helping you in removing the QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a, then install the QuickBooks Pro Software again. If you don’t know how to do it you don’t have to go anywhere. Kindly follow the steps mentioned below carefully:-
First of all, uninstall QuickBooks from your machine. For uninstalling QuickBooks:-
- Go to Search and type uninstall.
- Select the uninstall app.
- Now uninstall QuickBooks by clicking on the QuickBooks and selecting the uninstall option.
- Follow the steps and you can easily delete the software from your computer system.
After uninstalling the QuickBooks make sure that you reboot your system before installing the new QuickBooks Pro Software.
- Click on Software Setup File of the QuickBooks Pro Software which is pre-downloaded by you.
- And start the setup process.
Solution 5:- Run Windows System File Checker
Due to the handy nature of the System File Checker which includes Windows, allow you to scan and restore the corruptions presented in the Windows System Files.
Perform the steps listed below in order to run the System File Checker In Windows XP, Windows 7,8 and 10:-
- Click on the start option.
- Enter the command in the search box and do not press the Enter key.
- Hit the Enter key on your keyboard while holding the Ctrl+Shift keys.
- A permission dialog box is displayed on the screen.
- Click yes and after that, a black screen is displayed along with the blinking cursor.
- Enter the sfc/scannow on the black screen and hit the Enter key.
- The System File Checker will now start a scanning process to look for the Error 80029c4a and other problems prevailing in the system. This will take some time.
- Some commands will be prompted on the screen which has to be followed to resolve the Error 80029c4a.
After a successful installation, put all your details and license number into it. After that update your QuickBooks Pro Software. After following these steps you can easily eliminate the QuickBooks Error 80029c4a completely from your system.
QuickBooks Error 80029c4a may be considered as a common error of QuickBooks but you need to get rid of this error as soon as possible. Otherwise, your QuickBooks has stopped working. You can call our QuickBooks Support Phone number +1-818-850-7805 to get help from our certified technicians without any delay if you are not satisfied with the process given above in this post. I hope all the information given by me is enough for you to resolve the Quickbooks error code 80029c4a. If not, kindly contact our customer care advisors. They definitely help you to get rid of this error. We hope that this article has provided you with the information you were looking for.