QuickBooks error code 6190 and 816 is an error that occurs when the company files in single-user mode and is accessed by multiple users all at once. But don’t need to worry. These errors problem can be solved by a few procedures. In this article, we will discuss and find out the solution to the error. So let’s start the article and briefly know about the error and the solution to the error.
What is QuickBooks Error Code 6190 and 816
QuickBooks error code 6190 stops the user to access the file of the company. As a result, the entire process of QB is badly obstructing. And the user comes to this error code there is some possibility that they are no longer be able to work on the error code. For this reason, it may be necessary for the user to get rid of the issue in the error code. And before you try to fix this you need to know about the reason behind the QuickBooks error 6190. There are some major reasons for the error code, have a look, find.
The Major Cause of the 6190 & 816 QuickBooks Error:
Before fixing up the error we have to find out the reasons for the error. It will make it easy to choose the right solution to fix the issue in QuickBooks in a short time.
- If the installation of QuickBooks software is improper and incomplete
- The transaction log file(.TLC) doesn’t match the company file.
- In case of modifying failure when a user upgrades a company file on a different computer without renovating the transaction log file
- When the virus badly infects the system files.
- If the registry file that means the whole database, which stores all the information about PC. is missing or corrupted or damage.
- In case, Quickbooks associated programs are missing or deleted.
Signs that you will Find, when Dealing with QuickBooks Error Code 6190 and 816
You have already known about the cause of the error code. Now get the idea that how can you understand you are facing QuickBooks errors 6190 and 816.
- You can see your display screen is pop-up with a message that “QuickBooks is unable to open the company file”.
- Windows run slowly and respond late when you give any input.
How to Fix the QuickBooks Error 6190 & 816
Let’s find out how can we fix this problem. There are very easy processes so don’t worry:
Use the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
First, you have to sure that you are using the latest version of QuickBooks. If you do not, then update your QuickBooks and then fix the problem using the QuickBooks file doctor tool.
- Download the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool from Intuit’s official website.
- You have to log in as an administrator and then run it.
- Next, you can see two options will appear.
- Then you have to choose the first option that will detect all the damaged files and fix the error 6190.
- Later you have to enter your admin password and if the file is on the server select yes. Next select “proceed”.
Fix the Discrepancy by Renaming the Transaction File
It can automatically fix your errors but if the user still gets the error 6190 and 816 then we have to fix the discrepancy.
- First, Go to the company folder and files then right-click on the company’s file. after that rename it.
- Similarly, you have to rename the transaction Log File.
- Later exit the system and open QuickBooks again.
Check the Single Mode User Option
If the error still occurs then follow the single-mode user check.
- At the first restart the computer.
- Next copy the file which included data and paste it into a desktop or any other location.
- Then again store it in its original location. Now you can sign in.
Remove the Temporary Files or Folders
It has been seen that due to junk files Error can arise. So we have to remove the junk files.
- At first, click on the windows or start icon.
- Then search the run command or press ctrl+R. Next press enter.
- If you are not an admin then write the admin password.
- Then the run Screen will be pop up and write “cleanmgr” and click on ok.
- Next press “Disk cleanup” to scan the computer. They will show you the junk files.
- Later choose the junk files you want to delete. Hit the ok tab and restart the system.
Fix the Mismatch of Network File & Transaction File
If none of the above methods works then you can manually fix the issue. Both ND and TLG are configuration files that allow QuickBooks to access a QBW file in a multi-user environment. However, the files get automatically re-created once you rescan them by using the QuickBooks database server manager and open the company file. When that happens, rename ND and TLG files and check if it solves the error. Follow the steps to rename the ND and TLG files-
- Open the folder containing your company file.
- Locate the files having the same name as your company files, but are saved with extensions.ND and.TLG (as given below):
- Rename the files by right-clicking on it.
- Note: Make sure to add the word ‘OLD’ at the end of ND and TLG filename.
- For instance, company_file.qbw.nd.OLD.Step 4: Re-open QuickBooks and try signing in to your company file.
Update and Install the Latest Windows Updates
- First of all, click the “Windows” or “Start” key
- Then, type in the “Update” on the screen and tap on the “Enter” tab
- If there are any recent updates then install it
- At last, choose the “install updates” button
So, finally, we have come to the end of the article. And we have resolved the problem with the above effective solutions. We hope this article helps you to solve your doubts about QuickBooks errors 6190 and 816. If you still can’t rectify the error code, then you can contact us to get QuickBooks ProAdvisor support.