QuickBooks is a Financial Accounting Software. This Software basically used in small and mid-size businesses. It’s a very useful software. Sometimes Quickbooks Users face some kinds of error and problems like QuickBooks error code 20 is one of the errors. This error is visible in your system when Quickbooks Printer is not activated.
QuickBooks error code 20 You may have to be in a situation when you encounter some issues with QuickBooks while printing. If you are searching for a solution to this Quickbooks printer error problem. According to this blog, we will provide you with a complete solution for your QuickBooks Error 20. However, if you want to get instant support, you can connect to our QuickBooks Support Service.
Generally, this problem happened when we delete a key named as HKey_current_config/software key. There might the other reason is the computer is busy with the other version of that software. And you can easily store multiple versions of QuickBooks on the same computer.
Some causes of Error 20?
- Non-updated QuickBooks 2009 software.
- The application key has not been updated.
- Unsupported printer driver either way.
- QuickBooks Windows Registry Issues.
The QuickBooks Error 20-printer not initiated, is a typical Error message that can be looked at by any individual utilizing the QuickBooks programming. Be that as it may, the Error can be settled utilizing some straight forward advances. For this, we have a guide for you here that will disclose to you everything about the error code – 20, and how you dispose of it.
Steps to fix QuickBooks error code 20
[printer not activated]?
Step 1: Configure User Permissions
- Hit the window and type Regedit in the search bar.
- Click Right on Regedit and choose the Run as Administrator.
- Double-click the HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG folder in the left Pan.
- Click Right on the software folder in the pan and select permissions … When a new window pops up, assign “Full Control” to “User” if it is not enabled and click OK.
Step 2: Registry Backup and Restore Points
- Backup Windows Registry.
- To add manual changes to it, open Registry Editor.
- Open the File menu and export the registry and save it.
- If necessary create a restore point to cancel the changes made to the registry.
- Wait until the system restores point creation process finishes and click OK when finished.
Step 3: Configure Print Spooler Service
- Press Windows + R at the same time and type MSC in the run box on the desktop.
- right-click on the Print Spooler service from the list of services and choose “Properties” to Stop the print spooler service.
- From the Startup Type drop-down, choose Automatic
- Now click on start service again.
- Try printing something or save a PDF, it should solve “Code error 20 not activating QuickBooks printer”
STEP 4: Repair QuickBooks PDF Component QBprint.QBP File
- Open your Windows Control Panel and go to the Programs and Features.
- Choose QuickBooks from the list of installed programs.
- And click Change and start the repair process and follow the instructions till the end.
- Restart the computer after the QuickBooks repair process is completed.
- Try to print something or save a PDF, this should solve QuickBooks error code 20
STEP 5: Updating Windows and Reinstalling QuickBooks from Scratch
- Open your Windows Control Panel
- And go to the Program and Features.
- Note your QuickBooks license and product number on your notebook before uninstalling QuickBooks
- Choose QuickBooks from the list of installed programs and select Uninstall.
- Follow the wizard instructions to uninstall QuickBooks
- Download and install Windows Update and restart the computer.
- Insert the CD or open the QuickBooks installation folder to begin setup.
- Follow the installation instructions to install QuickBooks.
- Since the installation of QuickBooks fixes a lot of QuickBooks errors, you should be able to print now.
STEP 6: Troubleshooting Microsoft Document Writer – Windows Component
Microsoft Document Writer is a preinstalled Windows component that helps to print the file. This enables Windows to assist the QuickBooks application to save information in PDF. If this component is missing or damaged, you have a printing problem in QuickBooks on Windows 10 and the Encounter QuickBooks printer does not activate error code 20 as a result.
- Right-click the QuickBooks icon on your desktop and choose the Open File Location option from the menu.
- Go to the Temp folder and look for the folder that represents your version of QuickBooks.
- Open the third-party folder and then
- Locate and double-click the .exe file and complete the installation.
- Open QuickBooks once to register a license.
- In case of a problem installing the ABS PDF driver or it stops responding, try installing again.
- Once the installation is complete try printing again to verify the QuickBooks error code 20.
In this blog, we tell you 6 easy and simple steps to resolve the QuickBooks Error code 20. If you want more information about this topic, then you can get any type of assistance related to QuickBooks from our ProAdvisor team at our toll-free QuickBooks Error Support Phone Number.