In QuickBooks, the error code 80070057 is generated when the Company File is created in QuickBooks 2014 by the QuickBooks Account Manager. So, when you attempt to open it, it fails and an error message appears on the screen stating that the file was created in an earlier version. And, when, on the file, you double-click, an error message shows up, this time with the error code 80070057: the parameter is incorrect. This is also an implication that the Manager is not in the possession of sufficient rights in order to create/delete, or read and write the Company File.
But, if you come across this error, there is no need to panic as it a common error. With proficient guidelines and easy steps, you can solve this problem. In the article, we will provide you all the essential information beginning with what the error code is.
What Is The Error Code 80070057?
Error 80070057 is a common error that occurs in QuickBooks when the users attempts opening a Company File which was created by the Manager in QuickBooks 2014. This basically means that the Manager does not have rights to do anything to the file.
When the file is tried to open, a dialogue box appears containing the error code and the message.
Also, the user might come across some different error messages such as
- Error “80070057: parameter incorrect”. (when clicking a QBW, QBB, QBM, TLG, or ND file from Google Search Timeline)
- Error Code 80070075: There was an unexpected error reported while trying to run QuickBooks
- QuickBooks Error: 80070057, the parameter is incorrect. There was an unexpected error reported while trying to run QuickBooks with the Company File [the path and name].
- Error: “80070057 the parameter is incorrect” or “You do not have sufficient permissions”
Reasons Behind The Error
Below are the possible causes of why you might be facing the error 80070057.
- Possible damage that happened to your Company File during the installation process of QuickBooks.
- Your internet security settings might be a possible factor along with an incorrect Firewall.
- Damaged or corrupted QuickBooks files.
- Damaged Network Data (.ND) because of an attempt to open the file without opening QuickBooks.
- Wrong file extensions, such as .qbm, .qbx, .qbb
- 3rd part Firewall, not configured.
- A change in the company file extensions.
How To Fix The Error?
We have compiled all the possible solutions for you to resolve the error by following the easy steps that may suit your needs.
Solution 1: Accurately Opening The Company File
Before you begin to attempt any other solution, first, try to open the company file more accurately.
- Go to the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Choose the Company file.
- Then, open it.
Solution 2: Updating QuickBooks Software
Update the QuickBooks Software to the latest version. If your software is not updated with the latest version, then you may face this error. So, it is compulsory to have the current version of QuickBooks Desktop.
- Go to the Help menu.
- Select Update QuickBooks.
- Then, select the update now tab and click Reset Update Box, if you wish to get rid of the earlier update download.
- Now, select Get Updates and hit start QuickBooks again.
- When it is all done, verify if the error code shows up.
Solution 3: Transfer Company File To Another Location
- Shut the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Locate the company file in QuickBooks software.
- Do the right-click on the company file i.e., .QBW.
- And, copy the file.
- Locate the default location, do right-click, and select. Use this location provided here: C:/Users/Public/PublicDocument/Intuit/QuickBooks/CompanyFiles.
- Again open the QuickBooks then, browse the company file.
- Choose the Local Drives, then browse the company file name.
- Choose the right company file and open it.
Solution 4: Run QuickBooks As An Administrator
For the smoothening in functions without any issue, ensure that QuickBooks has all permissions. For that-
- Shut the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Then, do the right-click on the QuickBooks icon.
- After that, run the QuickBooks as an administrator.
- Click on the company file to open it, if the company file did not open itself.
And, if in case there is error prompting while installing the QuickBooks Desktop. Try to download QuickBooks again with the proper process.
Solutions 5: QuickBooks File Doctor
This tool is product of Intuit for QuickBooks as it helps in resolving issues with ease. In order to make the tool work-
- First, close QuickBooks Desktop.
- Then, download the QuickBooks Tool Hub file and save it.
- Once downloaded, click on QuickBooksToolHub.exe in order to open it.
- Follow the provided instructions to install and then agree to the terms and conditions.
- Double click on the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon after the installation process is completed.
- Now, inside the tool hub, select Company File Issues and then select Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
- After that, you need to select the company file in the File Doctor from the drop-down menu. If you are unable to find it, select Browse and search.
- When you are done with the previous step, select Check Your File and click Continue.
- Finally, enter your QuickBooks admin password and hit Next.
- Once you are done, open QuickBooks and check your company file, whether the problem is solved or not.
The scan time depends upon the size of the company file and generally takes 3 to 5 minutes.
Solution 6: You can solve the 80070057 error manually
Follow the step by step for solving the issue.
Step 1: Change the name of .ND file
- Firstly, find the location of the company file.
- Then, find the corresponding .ND file of the company file. Such as MyCompanyFileName.qbw.nd
- Do the right-click on the .ND file, then click on the Resume button.
- Enter the .old at the end of the file name. Such as, MyCompanyFileName.qbw.nd.old.
If you are using the QuickBooks in multi-user mode, then go through the next step.
Step 2: Run the QuickBooks Database Server Manager in your server system.
- Firstly, download the QuickBooks Database Server Manager if already not downloaded.
- Then click on the Network Issue, in the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Click on the QuickBooks Database Server Manager. And, if you haven’t installed it in your system then it displays a notification.
- Click on Start Scan if the company file folder is shown on the screen in the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- If not shown, then browse the company file and click on the Start Scan button.
- In the end, click the close button.
Things to Know:
- You have to contact QuickBooks technical support at +1-877-326-5998 if still, your antivirus is stopping QuickBooks communication.
- Exclude the QuickBooks program directories: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks Company Files\, If you have other internet security programs installed in our system.
Hope the provided information was useful and you were able to fix the error. However, if you fail to solve it or face any issues, our team of experts and ProAdvisors are just one call away. All the help and guideliness will be given by the team to you in order to fix the error or any other QuickBooks related query.