There is no doubt that QuickBooks is the number one accounting software for any small or medium-sized business and no software can beat its overall features. Along with the powerful features of QuickBooks, it has some software glitches as well as any other software. So in this article, we are going to discuss QuickBooks error 6177, 0, its causes, how to deal, and of course how to fix this error. You can fix these error by taking the help of a professional at toll-free +1-877-798-1556
Error massage you may see:
This type of error message displayed on your screen and we are pretty much sure you may get irritated with this type of error.
QuickBooks Error 6177, 0 shows that QuickBooks accounting software is failed to use the path to the company file and when users try to open up the company file, the QuickBooks Error 6177, 0 displayed on the screen as QuickBooks is unable to use the path to open the company file.
Why QuickBooks Error 6177, 0 Occurred?
As we discussed above the main reason behind QuickBooks 6177, 0 error code is failed access to the company file. But there are some other reasons as well like:
- Firewall related Issues
- If QuickBooks company file got corrupted
- If the user is using an old version of QuickBooks software
- Virus or malware attack to QuickBooks files.
- Accidental deletion of QuickBooks related system files
- Network error or failure
Fix QuickBooks error 6177
To fix QuickBooks error 6177 user can try one of the following methods:
- The very first and obvious step is to update QuickBooks Installation to the latest version of the software and check and open the company file. If it doesn’t work, go to the next step.
- Next user can simply update the location of the company file which is creating an error from wherever it is currently located by following the below steps:
- Move the company file to your local system’s C: drive. There is no need to move the whole folder.
- Open the file from the new location.
- Create a portable file and save it to C: drive
- Quit company file
- Select Restore the portable file from C: drive and finally save it on the server
- Again close the company file and then try opening from the server or network.
- Here we have mentioned some of the technical steps to resolve the
QuickBooks error manually:
- Find and delete the Network Descriptor (ND) file named as “MyCompanyFileName.QBW.ND.” by doing right-click and delete from the folder where the company file is stored.
- Configure QuickBooks Database Manager:
- Open Start menu, then search ‘Database’ and open QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Now open up the folder keeping your QuickBooks company file and hit the ‘OK’ button.
- Now Click on ‘ Start Scan’ and after completion, click on ‘Close’
- To share company files web page, click on ‘Set up folder permissions’ and check if access permissions are set up correctly.
- Now perform as below if QuickBooks software is already installed on the server:
- Turn off and turn back on the hosting option.
- Open up your company file
- Create a new folder
- Check and verify by opening the file where the error message was displayed.
If you are still not able to fix the QuickBooks Error 6177, 0 by following any of the methods mentioned above then call or take help from a QuickBooks ProAdvisor and discuss all of your queries related to this error. Our expert’s team is full of professional experts who are there 24/7 to help you. Dial toll-free [ quickbooks]