QuickBooks Error is facing by lots of clients or customers who are using QuickBooks. In this article, we are going to tell you everything about this error and also how to fix it. QuickBooks error 6147 occurs when the user is trying to restore his company file over a network or trying to open the company damaged network data file. This Error is one of the error which belongs to the -6000 series errors.
Intuit also provides an inbuilt repair facility which is known as QuickBooks File Doctor tool with its QuickBooks application. With the help of this tool, the user can easily protect their file from this error, but utility reportedly fails to fix this error.
How to fix QuickBooks Error 6147?
There are many ways to avoid or fix Quick books Error 6147.
Solution 1: Update and install the newer version of QuickBooks
When you are facing Quickbooks error on your computer. First of all, you need to check out the new update of Quickbooks software and check that your Quickbooks software is up to date or not.
Solution 2: Download Quickbooks file doctor tools
After installing the newer version of QuickBooks and still you are facing this error then you have to install and run Quickbooks file doctor tools to fix the damaged QuickBooks company file or network.
Solution 3:- Configure your antivirus setting.
You need to Configure your antivirus setting and you have to set aside the folder that has the company file.
- First, search your company file
- Now press the control button and then double click on Quickbooks Followed by opening it without affecting the company file.
- There is a list of files open that would display the location of files.
- Open the setting of your anti-virus and carefully select the folder and add it to the exception.
- If you are still facing this problem then Quickbooks is not able to give you the solution. Y you need to go on your antivirus Support page on their website to know how to set the exception.
Solution 4: Change the backup file path
If the backup is hosted by the online QuickBooks backups or the file is already located at the network drive. Then you need to save the backup file to another location of your computer system.
- First of all, ensure that your system hosting is not yet done.
- Now click on the file menu and select the utility option in Quickbooks
- If hosting multi-user options is there in the list. Then stop that multi-user access and wait for the next window to appear.
- Click on the yes option with the company file closed.
- Now restore the backup file that is present on the system.
- After doing this if you are facing the problem then you must make sure that the designated path of the company is lesser than 210 charters.
Solution 5: Rename Files.ND and.TLG.
Now if you are still facing the same issue then you need to rename the “.ND” and “.TLG” files to repair the company damaged data files.
Solution 6: Contact QuickBooks support team
Might be there is a possibility that QuickBooks Error is still not resolved. Even you are trying all the given solutions which are present in the list. So you need to call the Quickbooks support team. The experts will solve your error easily and quickly.
Why are users facing this problem?
- The file which is used to restore is corrupted.
- Sometimes users trying to open to restore a backup file from a local computer with the wrong extension.
- The backup file name beyond the limit of more than 210 characters or incorrectly.
- In some cases, the user won’t have the latest software update.
- The user using a network drive to restore back up.
- If the user is trying to open or restore a backup file from a local computer. But Backup files have the extension .qbb.
- The path of the file is incorrect at the time of restoring the backup
- The application is not installed properly
- The internal security setting of computer or Antivirus software prevents Quickbooks to connect with company files.
QuickBooks is the most mainstream bookkeeping and money-related administration programming that we can depend on for complex business bookkeeping. Regardless of how to clean programming is, there are consistently mistakes and glitches in it. These are some steps to fix the QuickBooks Error. In the above article, we are discussed on what is QuickBooks Error 6147? How to resolve this error. I hope after reading this article you will know about QB error 6147 and how to fix this error.