Quickbooks is an accounting software designed for small businesses to manage sales and expenses and keep a history of daily transactions. We can use it to give the invoice to customers, pay bills, generate reports, tax filing and much more. It also provides many other options as well to provide cloud-based services. Recently many QuickBooks users are encountering the “Error 6098,0” while trying to sign in. it is being caused due to multi-user access to the files and prevents the user from signing in QuickBooks. In this article, we will discuss some of the reasons by which it might cause and also provide the best solutions to fix this error.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 6098,0?
- Hosting Configuration: Sometimes the hosting for the software might not be configured correctly due to which this error might arise. The hosting needs to be configured in such a way that the computer on which the files are present is the host and not the workstation.
- Fewer privileges: the user that is trying to access the files doesn’t have enough privileges, this error might arise. QuickBooks suggests that all the users who try to access the file on the servers must have Power Group Privileges.
- Switching Users: the QuickBooks might be run in the background and the user switch user accounts. The file will not accessible for the user due to a security violation. QuickBooks suggests that switch the accounts only when the application is not running in the background otherwise this error might arise.
- Disabled Service: Sometimes users disable few services to increase the performance of the system or in some cases, few services are disabled on their own by windows. If the QuickBooks service has been disabled, this error might arise. QuickBooks requires all the services to be running properly to function correctly.
Solutions to fix this QuickBooks Error
Solution 1: Enabling Service:
Steps to enable Services in the service management window.
- First of all, make sure that all the instances of QuickBooks are closed
- Open Run prompt (By pressing Win + R button)
- Type “services.MSC” and press the Enter button to open the Service Management window.
- Now search the “QBFCMonitorService” and double click on the “QBFCMonitorService” option.
- Click on the “Startup Type” drop-down menu and select “Automatic” option
- Then click on the “Start” button to execute the service
- Do the same for all the services related to QuickBooks
- Check to see if the issue remains
Solution 2: Changing Hosting Configuration
And you are currently on a server that is hosted by a workstation and the files that are to be accessed are on a separate computer, then it is recommended to host it from the computer that contains the files that are to be made accessible. QuickBooks suggests that the hosting has to be done from that computer who storing the files.
Solution 3: Reboot the System
If you are facing “QuickBooks Error 6098,0” while trying to sign in or while accessing some files, it is recommended that you just reboot the system and try to access them again. Sometimes the application is not running properly and prevents the user from accessing it. A simple restart might allow the user to be able to access the required files.
Note: If you are not at least on the level of “power group” privileges, then you can face this issue indefinitely until you get the required privilege level. Therefore, the error persists, it is recommended to ask your management for a higher privilege level.