Quickbooks accounting software designed for small businesses to manage sales and expenses and keep a history of daily transactions. We can use it to give the invoice to customers, pay bills, generate reports, tax filing, and much more. It also provides many other options as well to provide cloud-based services. Recently many QuickBooks users are encountering the “Error 6098,0” while trying to sign in. it is being caused due to multi-user access to the files and prevents the user from login to QuickBooks. In this article, we will discuss some of the reasons by which it might cause and also provide the best solutions to fix this error.
What is QuickBooks Error 6098,0?
This error is a run time error occurs when Quickbooks fails or crashes when it’s running. It doesn’t necessarily mean that the code is corrupt in some way, it can simply mean that there is some issue during run time. This error happens without warning. The error just pops up while you are working. It might be possible that the error related dialog box can come up frequently if not addressed earlier. The major symptom of this error is virus infection. When the error occurs it gives you an annoying popup message saying:
Error name: Quickbooks Error 6098 0
Error number: Error 6098 0
Description: Error 6098 0: QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Developer: Intuit Inc.
Try to click the link in the message to solve the error fast(if visible) then follow the steps shown below if the error is not resolved after that.
- Hosting Configuration: Sometimes the hosting for the software might not be configured correctly due to which this error might arise. The hosting needs to be configured in such a way that the computer on which the files are present is the host and not the workstation.
- Fewer privileges: the user that is trying to access the files doesn’t have enough privileges, this error might arise. QuickBooks suggests that all the users who try to access the file on the servers must have Power Group Privileges.
- Switching Users: the QuickBooks might be run in the background and the user switch user accounts. The file will not be accessible for the user due to a security violation. QuickBooks suggests that switch the accounts only when the application is not running in the background otherwise this error might arise.
- Disabled Service: Sometimes users disable few services to increase the performance of the system or in some cases, few services are disabled on their own by windows. If the QuickBooks service has been disabled, this error might arise. QuickBooks requires all the services to be running properly to function correctly.
Solutions to fix this QuickBooks Error
Solution 1: Enabling Service
Steps to enable Services in the service management window.
- First of all, make sure that all the instances of QuickBooks are closed
- Open Run prompt (By pressing the Win + R button)
- Type “services.MSC” and press the Enter button to open the Service Management window.
- Now search the “QBFCMonitorService” and double click on the “QBFCMonitorService” option.
- Click on the “Startup Type” drop-down menu and select the “Automatic” option
- Then click on the “Start” button to execute the service
- Do the same for all the services related to QuickBooks
- Check to see if the issue remains
Solution 2: Changing Hosting Configuration
And you are currently on a server that is hosted by a workstation and the files that are to be accessed are on a separate computer, then it is recommended to host it from the computer that contains the files that are to be made accessible. QuickBooks suggests that the hosting has to be done from that computer who is storing the files.
Solution 3: Reboot the System
If you are facing “QuickBooks Error 6098,0” while trying to sign in or while accessing some files, it is recommended that you just reboot the system and try to access them again. Sometimes the application is not running properly and prevents the user from accessing it. A simple restart might allow the user to be able to access the required files.
Note: If you are not at least on the level of “power group” privileges, then you can face this issue indefinitely until you get the required privilege level. Therefore, the error persists so try to look into the methods shown below. In 90% of cases, the issue is solved by the first 3 methods.
Solution 4: Other solutions
- Click on the windows start button and type “update” in the search field and hit enter.
- Look for the option “windows update” and click on the “check for updates”.
- When the latest updates are checked click on “download and install” or “Install updates” option(if an update is available.)
- Reboot your system when the installation process is done.
Run Disk cleanup:
- backup your files.
- clear your cache memory and reboot your system.
- run disk cleanup. open the explorer window and right click your main directory (usually C: Drive).
- Click properties and choose disk cleanup.
Reinstall your Graphics Driver:
- Open the Device Manager and locate the graphics driver.
- Right-click the video card driver then uninstall it and reboot your system.
Fix IE related runtime error:
- first, reset your browser
- And then disable script debugging and error notifications.
Re-install runtime libraries and Close Conflicting programs.
In the end:
As we have discussed all the possible causes and the answers to dispose of QuickBooks Error 6098,0. There are several methods given from which you can use any of them and get rid of this problem. So we hope that now you can fix QuickBooks Error 6098,0 by yourself and can get back to your work. In rare cases, these solutions may not work, so let us know if it is so for you. Call our toll-free helpline number +1-844-519-0042 to talk with our QuickBooks ProAdvisor.
Keep Sharing, Keep Smiling:)