When it comes to accounting services, QuickBooks is a highly effective tool. However, being technology, it tends to display minor errors and bugs that affect an individual’s workflow. One of those major problems is QuickBooks Error 6010, requiring immediate resolution. But, the users need not worry as we have some impressive solutions for QuickBooks Error 6010 that can eliminate the issue.
The error usually takes place at the time of installation of QuickBooks or while opening the company file and it needs to be reinstalled after that. When the error occurs, the error message “Your QuickBooks installation may have been modified. Try re-installing QuickBooks and then try again(-6010, -100)” shows up on the screen. It is important to note for the user that QuickBooks Error 6010 is similar to QuickBooks Error 6190-816; you can differentiate between the two by learning the reasons behind the former.
In order for you to understand the issue and then solve it, in this article, we will begin with the basic information, that being what Error 6010 is, and proceed further with the causes and solutions.
What Is Error Code 6010?
When the possibility of QuickBooks’s installation modification arises, and it becomes necessary for the user to re-install the application, then the Error Code 6010 arises. Also, it might indicate that the software does not have access to the network due to firewall or anti-virus. Many reasons can lead up to this and will cause a dialogue box containing the error message appear on screen the following way:
Main Causes Of The Error
Error code 6010 takes place due to various reasons. They are as listed below down:
- Files ending with .QBW and .TLG has been disconnected with the .nd files in Network Division.
- Anti-virus programs, like ESET NOD32, acting as a block, enabling the user to access QuickBooks.
- Any registry-optimizing application has been deleting the QB registry files in your system.
Troubleshooting The Issue
With the given methods, you can solve the issue according to your requirements and with ultimate ease. Do follow the solutions and the steps deliberately.
Solution 1: Renaming the .ND and .TLG
- Find all the QuickBooks files that have the .nd extension.
- Start accessing those files one by one that displays the error.
- Right-Click on those files and then select the Rename option present in the drop-down menu.
- You can rename it by adding ‘old’ at the end of it or give it any other name that you will remember in the future.
- And last, open your QuickBooks accounting software and verify if the error code still displays.
Solution 2: QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Download and install the QuickBooks file doctor tool.
- After the successful installation, open it.
- Go to the QuickBooks Programs from the Start Menu bar and select QuickBooks and then click on the Quickbooks Database Server Manager.
- Present time, select the Scan Folders option. In case you do not find any folder, simply click on the Add a Folder button
- If folders are already present, select one of them and click on the Scan button.
- You might come across a message ‘QuickBooks Company Files found’, click on the exact company file from the options available in the box.
- Make an attempt to open the QuickBooks file by opening the accounting tool once again.
- Log in to your file and check if the error message persists.
Solution 3: Copying File to The Desktop
- Open the folder that consists of your company file.
- You can search the file by utilizing the .QBW extension.
- Once the file is found, right-click on it.
- Open the file from the desktop while simultaneously pressing the Ctrl key and wait till the ‘No Company Open’ window comes up.
- Find the ‘Open or Restore a pre-existing company’ option and click on it.
- Browse to the desktop file and click open.
- Problems may not come now. If it still interfaces, uses the next method.
Solution 4: Restore Backup File
- Close QuickBooks application that is currently running.
- Press and hold the ctrl key until it opens the ‘No Company Open’ window.
- Select ‘open and restore existing company’.
- Choose your backup file and tap on next.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to restore the latest backup.
Solution 5: End the task from task manager
- Restart your computer and log in as Admin this time.
- Once you successfully log in, make use of the Shift + Esc + Ctrl keys to open up the task manager
- On the Users tab, click on the Show Processes option. You will notice different QB processes running such as QBDBMgr.exe and qbupdate.exe.
- Select the End Task in the multi-user mode in order to stop them from running.
- Now, open the Company File.
- QuickBooks file will now open and solve the problem for you. If not try the next solution.
Solution 6: Block Multi-user Hosting Access
- Select File and open the QuickBooks File menu.
- Now, go to Utilities and choose the option “Stop hosting multi-user access”.
- Shut down the QuickBooks application and open QuickBooks again.
- Go to program settings, and temporarily turn off the Internet Monitor feature.
- After that, reboot your system.
- If you have an ESET NOD32 antivirus application, rename the file and add ‘old’ as an extension.
- Reopen QuickBooks and check for “QuickBooks Error code 6010”.
Solution 7: Update QuickBooks
- Open the QB desktop application.
- Go to help and then click on update QuickBooks desktop.
- Click on the update now tab and check if any new updates are available.
- To do so click on reset updates and get updates.
- After the update is done close QuickBooks and restart your system.
We have discussed the various causes and solutions for QuickBooks error 6010. Now you can fix the error in the given 7 easy steps. Although there is a possibility that none of the solutions will work for you, you can try reinstalling QuickBooks. If that also doesn’t work, then simply get in touch with our experts. QuickBooks Technical Online Support is a team of professionals that you can simply contact. We will look into this issue and ensure that your accounting software is up and running again. We can help you attain a much simpler and more smooth accounting experience. Call us now at our global toll-free number to attain more information. You can also contact us if you have any other queries or issues related to QuickBooks.