As you are looking for the solution to QuickBooks Error 6000, therefore we expect you already know about QuickBooks accounting software. You need your QB application to work smoothly and without any troubles to manage your accounting and keeping your business up to mark. But every application has bugs and errors in it and so do QuickBooks. However there is no need to worry, we got your back. In this article, we will learn all about the QuickBooks error 6000 series and how to fix it.
QuickBooks error 6000 is a common error that arises in the QuickBooks software. It occurs when we have been trying to open the company file then an error comes on the new window popup. Several different errors might occur, hence the 6000 series.
See in the above image, an error occurred when QuickBooks tried to access the company file. If this problem persists, you can contact QuickBooks support to get help to resolve this error or any other errors you are facing. If we can find the problem, then click the details button for more information to provide Intuit technical support to help diagnose the error. It is always recommended to fix it as soon as possible to continue work on QuickBooks.
If you are trying to establish a connection to a company file, then you cannot contact the server like- Hosting and QuickBooks files. Several issues can cause these errors.
|Error number||6000 Error|
|Error name||QuickBooks error code 6000|
|Window platform||Windows XP, Vista, window 7, window 8|
Series of Error -6000 And Their Possible Causes
Some Related Errors Under QuickBooks Error 6000:
|-6176, 0||The firewall is blocking the connection between the two computers|
|-6000, -107||The .TLG file is corrupted|
|-6000, -1076||QuickBooks installation is corrupted|
|-6010, -100||A computer that is not the server is hosting the company file|
|-6012, -1061||Incorrect network setup|
|–6129, -101||Incorrect folder permission or if the QuickBooks Database Server Manager is not working properly|
|-6190, 816||Another user is logged in to the company file in a single-user mode. It can also be a mismatch between the transaction log file (.tlg) and the company file (.qbw)|
|-6000, –832||This error normally occurs when hosting is turned on or the .ND file is not working properly|
|-6144, -304||When you start QuickBooks or open your company file and sometimes this happens on a sample file|
|-6000, -305||Incorrect network setup or the company file is damaged|
|-6073, -816||Multiple computers are hosting the file or it could be firewall settings that are blocking the connection or it could be the file is damaged|
|-6144,-103||The .ND file has an incorrect path to your company file or if the Windows user account used by QuickBooks Database Manager is damaged|
|-6120, 0||One of the work stations is hosting the company file or the firewall port 8019 is blocked|
|-6087, 0||This error occurs when opening the file locally|
|-6147, 0||You receive this error when you open the company file or restore a company backup (.QBB)|
QuickBooks 6000 83
There are several following reasons for QuickBooks 6000 83. Go through this list below to know the cause-related QuickBook Error 6000 83.
- Damage to organization documents or the common envelope.
- Organization record in an index which is not observed by QB monitor and no qbdir.dat document exists.
- Your workstation is not able to ping the server by name.
- How the record is gotten to (Mapped Network Drive or UNC Path)
- Using a non-US and non-Canadian performance of Windows or having your Regional Language Settings in Windows set to an option that is other than English.
- A firewall security programming blocking QuickBooks documents.
- More than one PC trying to have the organization record.
- Changing your organization document from a prior form over a system.
- The record growth may be .qbm or .qbw .adr
- Missing documents in your initiation of QuickBooks.
- Inadequate agreement for your system server, Windows client, or QBDataServiceUserXX.
QuickBooks Error 6000 77
This QuickBooks Error 6000 77 can occur because of these following reasons given below:
- Instead of a local drive or any other network, the company file is located in external storage.
- There is also “Incorrect folder permission” which carries a company file.
- The company file is opened with an instance of a mapped drive.
QuickBooks Error 6000 832
QuickBooks Error 6000 832 may occur due to these several reasons:
- When you try to change your QuickBooks Company file to its most recent form over a system
- While introducing QuickBooks you might forget some documents.
- Your system server does not have a sufficient server.
- QuickBooks records might be obstructed by security programming or firewalls of your system.
- The QuickBooks company document may be harmed.
- QuickBooks organization documents may be accessed by different PCs.
Cause Of The Error 6000
Many types of causes for QuickBooks error 6000 when opening a company file, the name given below-
- Damaged company file.
- Multiple users for the company data files.
- QuickBooks installation was incomplete.
- Server down.
- Company data conversion over internet connectivity.
- The company file (.qbw) has been damaged.
- Your firewall is blocking the connection.
- .TLG file is corrupted.
There are many types of symptoms for QuickBooks error 6000 when opening the company file name as given below-
- Whenever the QuickBooks error 6000 is displayed, it damages the program window.
- The error appears on the new window popup on the screen as Windows Installation Error Code 6000
- Any platform like windows automatically running slowly and responds at a very slow pace.
- While comes the error 6000, the System freezes for some time.
Fix QuickBooks error 6000
Below mentioned are the troubleshooting steps for the QuickBooks error 6000, when you try to open the company file.
SOLUTION 1: First Open The Company File
- The client needs to open a folder that contains the required company file.
- Now, with the help of the extension of QBW, find the file.
- Right-click on the file and click on copy.
- Then right-click on the desktop of the system and click on Paste.
- Start QuickBooks so you are guided automatically to the No company opens the window while holding the control key.
- Then go back to the existing company.
- Now, find the company files you first copied, open it, and then navigate to the desktop.
SOLUTION 2: Create A Backup
- Open company file.
- After that, click on the file and select utilities.
- In case the stop hosting multi-user access is on the list, then click ok.
- Later, edit your company file by incorporating a name that displays the important details, and nothing else.
SOLUTION 3: CONFIGURE THE FIREWALL AND YOUR ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
- Open your QuickBooks database manager.
- In the monitor tab, find your QuickBooks version.
- Note the firewall port number.
- Then open your windows firewalls.
- Open advanced setting.
- Right-click on the inbounds option, and select the option for the new rule.
- Click on port, and then select Next.
SOLUTION 4: Rename .ND and .TLG files
- Open the company file location.
- Then find the company file you are trying to fix.
- Now, of the same name, find the files with the .ND and the .TLG extensions.
- Change the extension by right-clicking.
- Make sure that the file extension word .OLD at the end of them.
- Reopen QuickBooks and log in. This should have fixed the issue.
SOLUTION 5: Try To Open The Company File Into Another Location
- Copy your company file onto the desktop.
- Or some other location from the previous one.
- You can also in a local or network drive.
- This will surely help in case of error -6000.
SOLUTION 6: RESTART USER PC
Now in this condition, the pc is reinstalled and then scratch and swipe away the current state of the software.
Now we hope you can fix this QuickBooks Error 6000 by yourself without much hassle.