Welcome to Uberaudit! Today, we are here with a new article about the QuickBooks error 3371. QuickBooks error 3371 is a license issue in QuickBooks, which generally create problems not to initialize the license properties. If you are facing the problem, and want to get rid of this problem as soon as possible then stay connected with this article.
QuickBooks error code 3371 usually occurs when you are activating or trying to open the QuickBooks Desktop. You can easily detect the 3371 error code in QuickBooks. It will show you some of the different 3371 error codes. you can easily detect this takes place, the following error messages display on the screen:-
- Could not initialize license properties. Error 3371.
- Could not initialize license properties. [Error 3371, Status Code -11118].
- Could not initialize license properties. [Error: 3371, with the Status Code -1].
- QuickBooks has encountered a problem on startup.
- QuickBooks couldn’t initialize license properties.
It is a common error that takes place if your company file is unsound or missing.
This article shows you how to fix the QuickBooks Error Code 3371. Before fixing this issue first let me explain why this error occurs?
When QuickBooks Error 3371 Occurs?
You need to understand that Intuit makes it necessary to store only the license information on the hard drive of your computer system. You are likely to encounter this error code whenever your information file or license data is corrupt, has damage, or missing.
This type of error can also take place at the time of the cloning process from C:/ drive to any other new hard drives. In that case, you need to delete your entitlement file from your new drive and most importantly, it is necessary for you to enter your license information to fix this error.
Reasons For QuickBooks Error 3371
- QBregistration.dat: It is an installation file of QuickBooks Desktop that contains the QuickBooks license information. Whenever we open the QuickBooks Desktop, data from this file is being retrieved and it is being validated. If this file becomes damaged due to any cause, you will not be able to open the QuickBooks Desktop.
- MSXML component: This is a Microsoft component that is necessary to run the QuickBooks Desktop. MSXML helps QuickBooks Desktop to retrieve the data from the QBregistration.dat file allowing QB to open. If the MSXML component is absent, you cannot open the QuickBooks.
- Expired/Outdated Antivirus: If you are using an expired antivirus or outdated antivirus. This error occurs because it can damage some important files which are relevant to the QuickBooks file license information present in the hard drive of your computer.
- Try opening a file without opening it: This error also arises if you are importing any QB file without saving it. It implies that you have to save the file before loading or exporting it into QuickBooks.
- Updating new hard drive: When you’re installing QuickBooks accounting software on your computer, the license information gets stored on your hard drive. If you are updating the old hard drive into a new one then some information about the QuickBooks license goes missing from a new hard drive. Due to which QuickBooks software does not find the license information, and Error Code 3371 generates.
How To Fix QuickBooks Error 3371
We have different solutions to fix the QuickBooks error 3371, and we have explained all the solutions clearly below. But before that, you need to take some primary steps to resolve the issue. Let’s know, what are they;
- Check that, the Windows is in the latest released version.
- Ensure that, the OS (Operating System) is not damaged or corrupted.
- And also recheck that the anti-virus that, you are using is not expired.
Solution 1- QuickBooks Tool Hub
Reinstalling a clean QuickBooks desktop and other solutions can be more time taking and not worth a shot. It is best to first try QuickBooks tool hub and let it fix your error. Follow the following steps to do so-
- Download and install the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Open it and select the installation issues.
- Select 3371 error fix
- Tap on Ok.
- Start QuickBooks Desktop, open your file, and start working.
Solution 2: Delete ECML File
- First, press the Windows + R key together on your keyboard.
- Then, a new window appears on the screen. Enter the path C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8.
- After clicking on OK, Window Explorer will open.
- Now right-click on the ECML File and select the Delete option.
- After deleting the ECML file, close the window.
- Then you need to run QuickBooks and register the product again.
This is an easy method to fix QuickBooks Error 3371. If the issue remains unresolved then follow other solutions which are given below.
Solution 3: Update Your Windows Operating System
- You can fix the error code 3371 by updating and reinstalling the window.
- First, we should click on the window button, select All Programs, and click on the window update.
- If you do not find All programs or Window update, you need to go to Settings ->Window update.
- After updating the window, you need to reinstall QuickBooks Desktop again.
Solution 4: Renaming The Entitlement File
For Windows XP Users:
- First, press the Windows Key and choose Run.
- Now, enter the complete path so that the entitlement DataStore.ecml file can be located. (Path= “C: Documents and Settings AllUsersApplication Data IntuitEntitlement Clientv2”)
- Now click Ok.
- You are capable of renaming the Entitlement File.
For Windows 7 Users :
- Firstly, go to C: ProgramDataIntuitEntitlementClient\v8.
- Then you need to rename the Entitlement file.
- A new file will be created if you open QuickBooks.
- If you are unable to see the program data folder, click on Computer, select Organize, and choose a folder, then select the Search.
- After you need to click on Hidden File and Folders.
- Now open QuickBooks to see whether the QuickBooks Error code 3371 is resolved or not.
Solution 5: Clean Install QuickBooks Desktop
If you still encounter the error after trying all the above solutions then have a clean installation of QuickBooks Desktop. You need an IT professional to deal with it. You can also contact Microsoft. There may be some damage issues with your Operating System which need to be fixed.
Note: Before fixing your QuickBooks files, you should create a backup of your data. It might be possible that you permanently lose your data. That is why backup is important for safety and security for future reference.
We hope, the above solutions will solve your problem definitely. Still, if you have problems resolving the problem then you can get help from the QuickBooks experts. They can provide you the right, and effective solutions to the QuickBooks error 3371 issue.