QuickBooks error code 3371 occurred when you are activating or trying to open your QuickBooks Desktop. There are several reasons behind it and you may see these error message on your screen:
- Could not initialize license properties. Error 3371: Shows that QuickBooks is not load the data. This is caused due to the file is gets damaged or the file is missing.
- Could not initialize license properties. [Error 3371, with Status Code -11118] Shows that QuickBooks could not load the license data. This is happing due to the files are getting misplaced or missing.
- Could not initialize license properties. [Error: 3371, with the Status Code -1] Shows that QuickBooks could not load the license data. This is happening due to the damaged files or the missed files.
It is a common error and occurs if your company file is damaged or missing. This error contains the error message which is QuickBooks could not load the license data.
This article shows you how to fix QuickBooks error code 3371. Before fixing this issue first let me explain why this error occurs?
When QuickBooks Error 3371 occurs?
It is easy to understand that Intuit makes it necessary to have license information stored on your hard drive computer system. You are likely to encounter an error code, information, file, or license data get corrupted, damaged or missing.
This type of error can also take place at the time of the cloning process from C:/ drive to other new hard drives. In such a case, you need to delete your entitlement file from your new drive. On top of all, you require to enter your license information to get this issue fixed
Reason for QuickBooks Error 3371
- When you’re installing QuickBooks accounting software on your computer. The information on the license is stored on your hard drive. If you are updating the old hard drive into new hard drive the same information the QuickBooks license is missing from a new hard drive, thus why QuickBooks software does not find the license information and code error 3371 are generated.
- QBregistration.dat: In our hard drive QuickBooks installation file that contains QuickBooks license information. When we run the software then this software retrieves the license data from QBregistration.DAT. The information of the license should be validated. If this file is damaged due to any cause then Quickbooks, not open QuickBooks have not any information about a relative with a license.
- MSXML component: this is Microsoft components need by QuickBooks Desktop to run. MSXML helps QuickBooks Desktop retrieve the data in the Qbregistration.dat file allowing QB to open. If your computer does not have an MSXML component then you cannot open the Quickbooks.
- If you use expired antivirus of outdated antivirus then you got the error because of the antivirus damage some important file which is relative to the QuickBooks file license information present in your computer hard drive.
- This error also arises when you importing.QBO file without saving. That means you should first save the file before importing it.
How to fix QuickBooks Error 3371
QuickBooks accounting software is specially designed for small business purposes. It maintains its financial department and to streamline their work. We know that Quickbooks is the best software for accounting in small business. This software is user-friendly and has all the important features that are required for managing professional accounting for small businesses.
Resolve this Error code 3371
Before applying the method for resolving, you need to check first:
- You should make sure that you are using the latest updated window.
- Check that antivirus that is you use is not outdated or expire.
Solution 1- delete ECML file
- First, you should be press in keyboard Window +R together.
- Then enter the path C:\progrogramData\intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 in a window.
- After pressing the enter button then file Explorer will be open the address which typed.
- when file explorer opened you need to delete the ECML file.
- after deleting the ECML file. Close the window.
- Then you need to run again the QuickBooks and click on the register button to register again.
This is an easy method for the solution of fixing QuickBooks Error 3371. If the issue does not fix then you should follow the second solution which is given below.
Solution 2- Update your windows operating system
- You can fix the error code 3371 by updating and reinstall the window.
- First, we should click on the window button select the All programs and click on the window update.
- If you do not find out all program or Window update then you need to go to the setting ->Window update.
- After updating the Window you need to reinstall Quickbooks Desktop and update also again.
- Check it that you use the latest window or not. If not then you should install the latest window.
Solution 3- Renaming the Entitlement file
For Windows XP users:
First type Window +R then enter the “C: Documents and Setting AllUsersAplication DataIntuitEntitlement Clientv2” for finding the Entitlement DateStrore.ecml file:
After that, you need to click ok. Then you are able to rename the Entitlement DateStore.ecml file.
For window 7 users :
Firstly, go to “C:progrmaDataIntuitEntitlementClient\v8” then you need to rename the Entitlement file. If you start the QuickBooks it will create a new file for you. If you are unable to see the program data folder then you need to follow the instruction given below to unhide it.
- Click on Computer, select Organize then you must choose a folder and Search option.
- After you need to click on Hidden File and Folders.
- Now open QuickBooks to see Whether Error code 3371 is resolved.
Note: Before fixing your QuickBooks files, you should create a backup of your data. You can permanently lose your files in the absence of a backup of your data. Backup is important for the safety and security for future reference.
If the above method fails to resolve the above issue then you should call qualified IT professionals or contact our QuickBooks Online support team. The qualified professionals of the QuickBooks Error Support team will solve issue online or connect with your computer remotely.