QuickBooks Error Code 3371 usually occurs when you are activating or trying to open the QuickBooks Desktop. If QuickBooks Error Code 3371 takes place, the following error messages are displayed on the screen:-
- Could not initialize license properties. Error 3371: QuickBooks could not load the license data. This implies that the file might be damaged or missing.
- Could not initialize license properties. [Error 3371, Status Code -11118] QuickBooks could not load the license data. This implies that the file might be damaged or missing.
- Could not initialize license properties. [Error: 3371, with the Status Code -1] QuickBooks could not load the license data. This implies that the file might be damaged or missing.
It is a common error that took place if your company file is damaged or missing.
This article shows you how to fix the QuickBooks Error Code 3371. Before fixing this issue first let me explain why this error occurs?
When QuickBooks Error 3371 occurs?
It is easy to understand that Intuit makes it necessary to store only the license information on the hard drive of your computer system. You are likely to encounter this error code whenever your information file or license data gets corrupted, damaged or missing. This type of error can also take place at the time of the cloning process from C:/ drive to any other new hard drives. In that case, you need to delete your entitlement file from your new drive and most importantly, you are required to enter your license information in order to fix this error.
Reason for QuickBooks Error 3371
- When you’re installing QuickBooks Accounting software on your computer, the license information is stored on your hard drive. If you are updating the old hard drive into a new one then some information about the QuickBooks license is missing from a new hard drive, due to which QuickBooks software does not find the license information and Error Code 3371 is generated.
- QBregistration.dat: It is an installation file of QuickBooks Desktop that contains the QuickBooks license information. Whenever we open the QuickBooks Desktop, data from this file is being retrieved and it is being validated. If this file is damaged due to any cause, you will not be able to open the QuickBooks Desktop.
- MSXML component: This is a Microsoft component that is necessary to run the QuickBooks Desktop. MSXML helps QuickBooks Desktop to retrieve the data from the QBregistration.dat file allowing QB to open. If the MSXML component is absent, you cannot open the QuickBooks.
- If you are using the expired anti-virus or outdated antivirus, this error occurs because it can damage some important files which are related to the QuickBooks file license information present in the hard drive of your computer.
- This error also arises if you are importing any QB file without saving it. It implies that you have to save the file before loading or exporting it into the QuickBooks.
How to fix QuickBooks Error 3371
QuickBooks accounting software is specially designed for small businesses. It maintains the financial department and helps them to streamline their work. We all know that QuickBooks is the best accounting software for small businesses. This software is user-friendly and has all the important features that are required for managing professional accounting for small businesses.
Resolve the Error Code 3371
Before applying the error resolving processes, you are required to check these two things:-
- The window is updated to its latest version.
- Anti-virus used by you is not expired or outdated.
Solution 1- delete ECML file
- First, press Windows+ R key together on your keyboard.
- Then, a new window appears on the screen. Enter the path C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8.
- After clicking on OK, the Window Explorer will open.
- Now right-click on ECML file and select the delete option.
- After deleting the ECML file, close the window.
- Then you need to run QuickBooks and register the product again.
This is an easy method to fix QuickBooks Error 3371. If the issue does not fix, then follow other solutions which are given below.
Solution 2- Update your windows operating system
- You can fix the error code 3371 by updating and reinstall the window.
- First, we should click on the window button, select All programs and click on the window update.
- If you do not find All programs or Window update, you need to go to Settings ->Window update.
- After updating the Window you need to reinstall Quickbooks Desktop again.
Solution 3- Renaming the Entitlement file
For Windows XP users:
- First, press the Windows key and choose run.
- Now, enter the complete path so that the Entitlement DataStore.ecml file can be located. (Path= “C: Documents and Settings AllUsersApplication Data IntuitEntitlement Clientv2”)
- Now click Ok.
- You are capable of renaming the Entitlement file.
For Windows 7 users :
- Firstly, go to “C: ProgramDataIntuitEntitlementClient\v8”.
- Then you need to rename the Entitlement file.
- A new file will be created if you open QuickBooks.
- If you are unable to see the program data folder, then follow the instruction given below to unhide it:-
- Click on Computer, select Organize and choose a folder, then select the Search option.
- After you need to click on Hidden File and Folders.
- Now open QuickBooks to see whether the QuickBooks Error code 3371 is resolved or not.
Note: Before fixing your QuickBooks files, you should create a backup of your data. It might be possible that you permanently lose your data. That is why, backup is important for safety and security for future reference.
If the above method fails to resolve the issue then you should call qualified IT professionals or contact our QuickBooks Online support team. The qualified professionals of the QuickBooks Error Support team will solve the issue online or can connect with your computer remotely.