QuickBooks helps you in many ways to manage your business accounting correctly and securely. This is the most used accounting software around the world and the first choice of many businesses. But sometimes like any other software application, you may face some technical or functional error when using QuickBooks. QuickBooks error 1722 is one of those common and usually occuring errors.
When you are installing QuickBooks Accounting software, this error strikes your system. As it happens, your system starts facing problems that you might not be able to solve due to a lack of information.
Here in this article, we are going to discuss the possible signs, causes, and solutions for this error in vivid. This piece of information will help you figure out the error and solve it. However, if you are unable to do so, then it is recommended to take the help of a professional or contact our support team.
Signs of QuickBooks Error 1722
These are the possible symptoms of the error that you might be experiencing.
- The error message pops up and crashes the current program window.
- Your system will run slowly and respond slowly to your command.
- Your system started crashing frequently because of error 1722.
- Computer freezes sometimes while working.
- The Error 1722 popup on your system.
Now, it is really important to track when and where your QuickBooks error 1722 is occurring to solve the problem.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 1722
- Corrupted or incomplete Quickbooks software installation.
- It can occur when a window is corrupted.
- Virus or malware infection that affects QB related files.
- Missing or mistakenly deleted Quickbooks important files by mistake.
This error can be a result of many other causes during the installation of Quickbooks or windows. The error occurs during run time, that’s why it is a run-time error. As now we have clearly known the main causes of the error it is now easier to diagnose it.
Fixing QuickBooks Error 1722
There are several methods through which you can solve the QuickBooks Error 1722. In this process, you have to select the restore point from the recent backup of your computer. Before you go to the resolution steps, you are recommended to restart your computer and then try to open QuickBooks. And also make sure that all your devices and software are updated. If the error still occurs then follow the below-mentioned solutions:
Solution 1: QuickBooks Tool Hub
Step 1: Download The Tool Hub
- First, download QuickBooks Tool Hub and press Ctrl+ J to reach the downloads.
- Then, click on the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file and select Yes to allow the app to make changes.
- Select Yes for installation and then again select Yes for accepting the license agreement.
- Followed by this, a dialogue box will appear. Select Next and then install and then end with clicking on Finish.
- After the installation, you are required to open the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
Step 2: Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- First, open QuickBooks Tool Hub and go to the Installation Issues Tab.
- Click QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool. You might have to wait a while as configuration might take some time.
- Once configured, accept the license agreement by clicking Yes.
- Then, to start your repairs on QuickBooks desktop components, click on Proceed.
- Finally, restart or reboot your system.
Solution 2: Update The Windows
One of the possible reasons for this error might be an outdated window. So, it is advised to update your window. For that, follow the steps mentioned under.
- To begin with, click on Start tab and go to the Settings.
- Select Update and Security.
- Go to Windows Update and select Check For Updates.
- If there are available updates to download, the installing will automatically start.
- In the end, restart or reboot your system.
Solution 3: Fix Microsoft.NET framework
- Press Window+R keys.
- Type ‘control’ in the Run window.
- From the Program, open Program and Features.
- Tap on turn the Windows Features on or off.
- If .NET Framework 3.5 or later are check-marked then un checkmark them.
- Click Ok and restart your computer.
- After restarting make sure .NET Framework 3.5 or later again.
- Now follow the onscreen instruction.
Solution 4: Run Window File Checker
- Press the Start button.
- Search for command and press ctrl+shift+enter.
- Grant the permission when you receive a permission dialog box.
- A black box will appear with a blinking cursor type “sfc/scannow” and press Enter.
- System file checker will scan for the error.
- Follow the on-screen commands to get rid of the error.
Solution 5: Remove junk Files
- Open the Run command by pressing window+R.
- Type cmd .cmd is used to perform a specific task.
- In the command prompt, type cleanmgr.
- You can check how much space is occupied by junk files.
- In the disk cleanup dialup box, check the boxes you want to remove from your system.
Solution 6: Clean Install Your QuickBooks Application
- Press window + R keys on your keyboard.
- It will open the Run box where you can type the command.
- Now, type appwiz.cpl. Appwiz.cpl is a Windows shortcut command that helps you to launch the installed programs without going through the Control Panel.
- Choose your QuickBook and uninstall it from your PC.
- Now, reinstall the QuickBooks software properly.
- Run your QuickBooks clean install tool.
- Restart your PC.
- Now, you need to repair your QuickBook software to the microsoft.net framework.
QuickBooks Error 1722 is just a runtime error that can damage your system in various ways such as your system will behave abnormally or your system speed will be dropdown. There can be multiple causes for this error condition. With this article, now we hope that you can fix QuickBooks Error 1722 by yourself and can get back to your work and save time. But, after trying all the above methods, if you are still unable to do so, call our toll-free QuickBooks Online support number to get instant help. You can also contact us if you have any other queries or issues related to Quickbooks.