QuickBooks Error 1618 is the usual error that occurs while installing or updating the software. And, you will get an error prompt like there is some issue while installing Microsoft Runtime Library also known as Error 1618. In this blog, we are going to study QuickBooks Error 1618. You can also get a professional’s help to fix this by dialing the number +1-888-461-1336 and contact a QuickBooks ProAdvisor to solve any kind of error related to QuickBooks.
In this blog, we have tried to provide all possible information to solve QuickBooks Error 1618. If you want to get rid of the error, this blog will definitely help you.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 1618
- This error 1618 will be visible on your desktop screen while installing the software.
- There is also the possibility that your system is not properly working.
- Your system sometimes freezes or starts slow working.
- Or, there is another program installation in the background while you try to install the software.
Why does QuickBooks Error Code 1618 occur?
- The installation of QuickBooks has been damaged or improper.
- Also, QuickBooks files can be removed or corrupted by any virus.
- During software installation, if any internal issue of the computer has happened.
- There is some kind of corruption or any issue in the window registry and other directories.
Fix QuickBooks Error 1618:
Solution-1. Download the QuickBooks Tools Hub and install it.
- First, you have to close your QuickBooks.
- Download the QuickBooks Tool Hub document.
- Save the document at someplace where you can find out without having much of a stretch to think that it’s (like your Downloads folder or your Windows work area / Windows Desktop).
- Open the document you downloaded (QuickBooksToolHub.Exe)
- Follow the on-screen steps to install and consent to the Terms and Conditions.
- When the installation completes, double-tap the icon on your Windows work area/desktop to open the Tool Hub. Note: If you are unable to find the icon, then search on your windows for QuickBooks Tool Hub and then open the program.
(The QuickBooks Tool Hub will help you to fix common errors restricting your work in the system.)
Solution-2: In the background, you have to identify for MSIEXEC.EXE instances
- In the computer keyboard, press the Ctrl + Alt + Delete buttons, and then tap on the “Task Manager”.
- Then, open Processes on your PC.
- Tap on the Picture Name in the column list and then altered the given record in alphabetical order.
- With the help of the keyboard, select those processes which are named EXE, and press the END key.
- Shut the Task Manager and restart it.
You can restart the system if you are facing any issue in the final process. Then, use the rules mentioned above whether, in the background, any MSIEXEC.EXE is running.
Solution-3: Install the Microsoft Runtime Libraries.
Follow these steps to reinstall the Microsoft Runtime Libraries:
- Firstly, you have to download the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable package.
- Open Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package(x86), if your system is 32 bit, and download it.
- If your system is 64 bit then, use Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package(x86).
- Save the download package.
- Then, change the name as .exe or verdict_X86.exe. Then, follow the given instructions on the screen.
- From the QuickBooks Tools Hub, you have to run a quick solution to my program.
Then, restart the computer and install QuickBooks Desktop after doing these all steps.
Method 4: Make backup for windows registry
- Reach out to the Windows taskbar and then select Start.
- Tap on the run command.
- Type Reg edit in the search field.
- In My Computer open the File menu and then click on Export.
- In the Export Range, choose All Options.
- Save the Windows registry backup on desktop.
- Delete the keys. Removing the keys will cause all of its sub-keys to be removed.
This article will hopefully help you to solve the error. Above we have discussed all the reasons and signs of QuickBooks Error 1618. Also, the solutions are provided. If you want to know more or have any queries about the QuickBooks Error 1618, then don’t worry our Quickbooks ProAdvisore team is always there to help you. If you have any issues related to the information provided above you can contact us. So, get in touch with us whenever required by ringing us on our toll-free number +1-888-461-1336
Keep Sharing, Keep Smiling:)