QuickBooks, an accounting software, provides services relating to the field. A choice of product for various users, working for businesses varying from small to large scales. But sometimes even the best product faces issues. In QuickBooks case, one of its most common errors is error number 15243.
Most of the time, the users come across this issue when updating security patches. It happens due to the incompatibility of the software with the latest features. When this happens, the user gets a pop-up window containing the error message and results in the failure of the update process.
In the article, we will provide the necessary information regarding the process. Beginning with the causes.
Reasons Behind The Error
- Installing incorrect QuickBooks.
- Intuit QuickBooks File Copy Service is not working properly.
- Intuit QuickBooks File Copy Service is not enabled.
- The company file is damaged.
- The user is not logged in as an administrator.
- Incomplete installation of QB or the download was corrupted.
- The files related to QuickBooks accidentally got deleted by the other program.
Signs Of The Error
- Error code 15243 appears on the screen and crashes your window or freezes it.
- Slow window processing. Also, the keyboard and the mouse responding at a slower pace.
- Constant alert messages getting displayed on the screen while working on QuickBooks.
You may also see these error messages on your screen:
- The payroll update could not be completed successfully.
- QuickBooks is damaged or not responding.
- The update may not be completed successfully. Please try again later.
Solutions To The Problem
Here is a list of the solutions with respect to the issue.
Solution-1: Repair Registry Entries
- Click Start.
- Open up the Start button and in the search section, look for Command. DO NOT press the Enter Key.
- Press & hold the Ctrl + Shift key.
- When prompted, open the Permission Dialogue Box and select Enter.
- Once you notice the cursor blinking and a black box opening, write Regedit and hit Enter.
- Go back to Registry Editor>> select Error 15243>> select Export from the File menu.
- After that, select the folder where you wish to save the backup key in the Save In list. Fill in the file name box, then write in the backup file name and save the file.
- Don’t forget to save the files with the .reg file domain.
Solution-2: Check The Software Update Compatibility
Before starting the process of updating, please ensure that the latest update is compatible with the current version of QuickBooks.
Solution-3: Check Your Payroll Subscription
- First of all, go to the QuickBooks application.
- Click on the Employees option.
- Then click on the payroll service option.
- Now click on the account or billing info tab.
- After that, a new page will open.
- Then Close the page.
- The payroll subscription validation process will start now.
- After the completion of the validation process, you can start updating your QuickBooks and the payroll software again.
Solution-4: A Full Scan Of Your System
Another chance is that QuickBooks error 15243 may occur due to the malware present on your PC. This malware can harm files, corrupt, or even remove the Run time Errors. Besides, there is a possibility that it is related to a component of the malware program
Solution-5: Updating Your System Driver
To remove the QuickBooks Error 15243 from your system, you can also update your system driver.
Solution-6: A Disk Clean-Up To Remove Junk Files
Follow the steps given below to run Disk clean-up on your system.
Note: The following solution is only applicable for Windows XP, 7, 8 & 10.
- Go to the Start button.
- Hit the Start button and search for Command. DO NOT press Enter.
- Press the Ctrl + Shift keys.
- When prompted, open the Permission Dialogue Box and hit enter.
- When you see the cursor blinking and then a black box opening, type Clean mgr and hit the Enter key.
- Fill in cleanmgr and hit enter.
- After that, the disk space will begin to calculate the amount of disk space that can be recovered.
- A series of checkboxes will show up with the Disk Cleanup pop-up box for you to choose the items. In most cases, temporary files cover the most disk space.
- Select the sections you wish to clear and then, press OK.
Solution-7: Repair QuickBooks File Copy Service (FCS)
- Click the Windows + R key on your keyboard to unlock the Run window.
- In the Run Windows search box, type services.msc and connect.
- Then Double-click from the list of services and on Intuit QuickBooks FCS.
- From the Intuit QuickBooks FCS Properties window, select the Manual option for the startup type.
- Press the OK button and unlock the QuickBooks Payroll to see if the issue is resolved.
Solution-8: QuickBooks Related To The Error: Uninstall & Reinstall
For Windows 7 And Vista
- Click on Start and open programs.
- Select Control Panel side menu.
- Then, click on Programs, and in the name column, look for the error-related program.
- Select the QuickBooks associated entry and click on Uninstall/Change on the top menu.
- You will be given some guidelines in order to complete the “Error 15243 QuickBooks Uninstallation”, follow them.
For Windows 8
- Click on the Start Menu>> Program & Features.
- In the name column, search for the error-related program.
- Select the entry related to QuickBooks and then, click Uninstall/Change.
- You will be given some guidelines in order to complete the uninstallation, follow them.
These are some simple steps that can help you to fix QuickBooks Error 15243. Hope you would like these and implement them to resolve the error.