QuickBooks Error 1402 frequently happens when you are working on Quickbooks. This error is known as an installation error that comes when there is some obstacle during the installation. It is also experienced by the user when they are operating the QuickBooks payroll accounting software in windows or apple mac OS X operating system. If this error continuously pops up on your system then there is a glitch in your Windows registry.
- At whatever point you install an application on Windows the application rolls out some fundamental improvements to the Windows Registry passages, the errors emerge when the application doesn’t have the adequate access to make the necessary changes to the vault records.
- Error 1402 can likewise influence different Windows applications like Adobe Acrobat Reader, Xero, Windows drivers, and Windows security applications.
You may encounter the following error messages on your screen:
Error Description: Error 1402:’ Couldn’t Open Key’.
Reasons behind QuickBooks Error 1402
- Errors while installing QuickBooks Desktop are normal if some vital installation documents have disappeared during the installation.
- On the off chance that your Windows operating system isn’t installed with the most recent updates, at that point it can not just offer to installation errors like 1402 however can also trigger various different blunders/errors on Windows.
- Windows segments like .Net Framework and MSXML need a particular purpose to install and run third-party applications on Windows. In the event that such segments are obsolete, at that point QuickBooks may show several errors.
- Now and again Windows background applications intrude on QuickBooks installation and trigger error code 1402 to show on the user’s screen.
- When there is a QuickBooks installation file that is corrupted.
- If the installation of QuickBooks is done from the damaged CD.
- If the installation is been interrupted in between or any inappropriate thing is happened because of that installation is not been completed is also a reason for the QuickBooks Error 1402.
- The error also occurs if the windows of your system have not been updated to the latest version.
- Some type of corruption found in your software is also the reason for this error.
Preventing QuickBooks Error 1402:-
- You should take a backup of your data on a regular basis or schedule a time, like on this day, and this time I will take a backup of my data.
- If you are installing QuickBooks then you have to keep in mind that you have to avoid the interruption in software installation even if it is taking a longer time than usual.
- Always be sure that you have deleted all the junk files, all trash files and unused and waste material which can harm your software and after that have a clean and clear reinstallation of QuickBooks.
- And yes remember always to update your QuickBooks Accounting Software regularly.
Step 1: Download the QuickBooks Tools Hub
The QuickBooks Tool Hub service to fix normal errors.
- Close QuickBooks
- Download the QuickBooks Tool Hub document. Save the document at the place where you can find it without much of a stretch to think that it’s (like your Downloads folder or your Windows work area).
- Open the file you downloaded in your system(QuickBooks ToolHub.exe)
- Pursue the on-screen steps to install and consent to the terms and conditions
- When the installation completes, double-tap the symbol on your Windows work area to open the tool hub.
Step 2: Utilize QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Firstly, You open the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Now in the tool hub select installation issue given there.
- Select QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool. Allow the tool to run. It can take 20 minutes.
- As the tool is finished now, you restart your system.
Step 3: Updating Windows
Updates avert and regularly fix installation errors.
- Analyze the “how to physically update” areas of this Microsoft article and update your rendition/version of Windows.
- And when update finishes then restart your computer.
- On the off chance that you had the option to open QuickBooks before you saw the error, Open QuickBooks and your company file.
- On the off chance that you couldn’t complete the process of installing QuickBooks, install QuickBooks Desktop once more.
If you are able to install QuickBooks then everything is correct. If after this also you keep on observing issues, proceed onward to Step 4.
Step 4: Fix the Windows components manually
In the event that the QuickBooks Install Tool and the update didn’t fix the error, you can fix explicit Windows components by yourself.
Yet, you should just do these troubleshooting steps if you’re an IT proficient, certain Windows client, or working with the specialists from Microsoft support.
- Fix or reinstall Microsoft .Net Framework.
- Fix Microsoft MSXML.
If you are able to install and open QuickBooks, you’re ready. In the event that despite everything you see issues, proceed onward to Solution 5.
Solution 5: Process of using the selective startup to install QuickBooks Desktop
To get around Third-party applications that may obstruct the installation, like antivirus and antispyware programs, install QuickBooks while in Selective Startup (Safe Mode).
In case regardless you’re having issues, we prescribe connecting with an IT proficient. These errors show that there might be a general issue with Windows.
“QuickBook Error 1402” is an installation error that occurs when there is some problem while installing. The installation of QuickBooks in improper behavior or the installation is incomplete also leads to the error 1407. The error comes with the pop-up message “Could Not open key”. I hope the above-given information will be worthwhile for you and also help you to understand about the 1402 Error.