QuickBooks Error 1402 is an error that occurs in Quickbooks Desktop frequently when you are Install Quickbooks or open it after installing and can create obstacles during the installation. It is also experienced by the user when they are operating the QuickBooks payroll accounting software in windows or apple mac OS. If this error continuously pops up on your system then there is a glitch in your Windows registry. A corrupted installation can influence different windows applications.
You may encounter the following error messages on your screen:
Error Description: Error 1402: Couldn’t Open Key.
Reasons behind QuickBooks Error 1402
- A corrupted installation of Quickbooks file.
- Windows of your system not updated to its latest version.
- If the installation of QuickBooks is done from the damaged CD.
- If the installation has been interrupted.
- The errors emerge when the application doesn’t have adequate access to make the necessary changes to the vault records.
Fixing: QuickBooks Error 1402
Step 1: Download the QuickBooks Tools Hub
- Close QuickBooks.
- Download the QuickBooks Tool Hub document. Save the document at the place where you can find it without much of a stretch to think that it’s (like your Downloads folder or your Windows work area).
- Open the file you downloaded in your system(QuickBooks ToolHub.exe)
- Pursue the on-screen steps to install and agree to the terms and conditions.
- When the installation completes, double-tap the symbol on your Windows work area to open the tool hub.
Step 2: Utilize QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Firstly, You open the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Now in the tool hub select installation issue given there.
- Select QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool. Allow the tool to run. It can take 20 minutes.
- As the tool is finished now, you restart your system. This will probably fix your issue if not move to step 3.
Step 3: Updating Windows
- Click on the windows icon (start option) from the left-bottom of your screen.
- Select settings and choose Update and Security.
- Perform Windows update and click on ‘check for updates’.
- Install the available updates.
- And when update finishes then restart your computer.
If you are able to install QuickBooks then everything is correct. If after this also you keep on observing issues, proceed onward to Step 4.
Step 4: Fix the Windows components manually
In the event that the QuickBooks Install Tool and the update didn’t fix the error, you can fix explicit Windows components by yourself.
You should perform troubleshooting steps if you’re an IT professional, knowledgeable Windows client, or working with the specialists from Microsoft support.
- Fix or reinstall Microsoft .Net Framework.
- Fix Microsoft MSXML.
Solution 5: Selective startup to install QuickBooks Desktop
To get around Third-party applications that may obstruct the installation, like antivirus and antispyware programs, install QuickBooks while in Selective Startup (Safe Mode).
- Create a backup of your company files.
- On your keyboard, press Windows+R to open the Run command.
- Type MSConfig, then select OK.
- In the General tab, select Selective startup and ensure that all Load system services are unchecked.
- Select OK.
- If suggested, select Restart.
- Uninstall Quickbooks and then Clean install your Quickbooks Desktop again.
- Switch back to normal mode from Selective startup.
In case regardless you’re having issues, we prescribe connecting with an IT proficient. These errors show that there might be a general issue with Windows.
Preventing: QuickBooks Error 1402
- You should take a backup of your data on a regular basis or schedule a time, like on this day, and this time I will take a backup of my data.
- If you are installing QuickBooks then you have to keep in mind that you have to avoid the interruption in software installation even if it is taking a longer time than usual.
- Always be sure that you have deleted all the junk files, all trash files, and unused data that can harm your software and after that have a clean and clear reinstallation of QuickBooks.
- And yes remember always to update your QuickBooks Accounting Software regularly.
We hope that now you can fix QuickBooks Error 1402 by yourself and can get back to your work. After trying all the above methods, if you are still unable to do so, call our toll-free QuickBooks Online support number to get instant help. You can also contact us if you have any other queries or issues related to Quickbooks.
Keep Sharing, Keep Smiling:)