QuickBooks error 1328 mostly encountered at the same time while updating QuickBooks, repairing, putting in, or installing QuickBooks accounting Software. This error prevents the Quickbooks software from functioning properly as a result of which we are no longer able to access our company file. And, this error can be displayed for your screen in different approaches however the file reference of the style of error has the same course. Mostly the error message looks like this on your screen:
Error 1328.Error updating file C:\Config.Msi\PT19C6.tmp.
Note the error and type this in a Web browser: www.quickbooks.com/support/install.html
Most of the users face QuickBooks error 1328 and they don’t understand how to solve these types of errors. There is no need to panic if you don’t know how to solve this error. Because we will provide you all the solutions for this, how to solve QuickBooks Errors in 1328. To get the proper solution to all your queries then kindly read the blog and follow all the given steps because to get rid of the error 1328. To have a better understanding of the error let us first find the error 1328. You can also call our QuickBooks support number and talk to a ProAdvisor to save your valuable time.
How It Occurred in Your System?
QuickBooks error 1328 has shown in your system when user updating, installing or uninstalling, and repairing the QuickBooks program. The files that are referenced by these errors are usually similar to c:\config.msi\PT**.TMP but it is displayed on your screen in different ways.
- When the repair process is updating, or uninstalling the QuickBooks POS.
- The outdated version of QuickBooks POS.
- It mainly occurs when the update process of QuickBooks that can occur as a solo error or it may also come before an error. Usually, the file paths are similar to c\config.msi\PT**.TMP
- Attack of malware or virus.
- Incomplete or corrupt installation of the process.
- System shutdown failure.
- Troubles in downloading software.
- The software is corrupted due to some unknown reasons.
- Network issues during the installing or downloading process.
QuickBooks Error 1328 can occur in different ways. It basically depends on the situation under which the error is occurring.
How can we fix QuickBooks error 1328?
Here are some easy steps to resolve this QuickBooks error 1328. Do follow them and you find that your QuickBook does not show this error again.
Solution 1: Locate the config.msi file
- Right-click on the Start key button
- Then choose the Explore option.
- Double-click on the ‘C’ drive.
- You will have to click on Tools
- And choose Folder.
- Click the View option in the toolbar
- Select the All hidden files as well as folders.
- Now, click Apply, then press the Ok button.
- Operate all necessary system files.
- Make a right-click on config.msi
- Select the Rename option.
- At the end of a filename, add .old
- And click the Enter key.
- Hence, This will hide and protect your operating system files including all necessary hidden files & folders again on your system.
Solution 2: Repair registered tool application.
- First, you have to run any Registered Repair Tool by repairing the damaged Registered Entries that are related to QuickBooks.
- Use a malware removal tool to fix any type of malware infection attack from your system, and get rid of all malware from your computer.
- You have to delete all the unwanted or junk files from your system.
- It is also important to uninstall all the out of date PC Device Drivers.
- Restore by selecting Undo through Recent System Changes.
- Moreover, you need to uninstall and reinstall QuickBooks.
- Run Windows System File
- Checker to scan your PC for damaged files and repair.
- Now, install all essential Windows Updates.
Solution 3: Repair your Windows Installation Process.
- Log on to Windows as an Administrator.
- Now open your Windows Control Panel, select the Programs and Features option available there.
- Find QuickBooks in the list, and select it, and then click the Uninstall option by selecting the appropriate button.
- When QuickBooks uninstaller appears, choose the Repair option.
- After selecting the repair QuickBooks. It starts repairing on your system when the repair completes then you will need to apply the security patch.
Solution 4: Reinstall QuickBooks by doing a Clean Installation.
Step 1: Prepare QuickBooks Uninstallation
- Click on the Windows Start Menu.
- Search for “Control Panel” and hit enter.
- Choose Programs and Features or Uninstall a Program.
- Select the version of QuickBooks Desktop you’re having problems with from the list of installed programs.
- Click on Uninstall/Change and follow the onscreen instructions. If you don’t see this option, sign out and sign back into Windows as an admin (or a user with admin rights).
Step 2: After this, make a clean installation of QuickBooks. To do so, you can select one of the given options that are mentioned here:
- First, we have to choose the option to install QuickBooks directly from the CD drive provided.
- A user can install QuickBooks through a downloaded QuickBooks installation file.
- Now, get ready to download or simply install QuickBooks.
QuickBooks error 1328 occurs while updating, installing, or uninstalling, and repairing the QuickBooks program. So you can do several steps to fix your system glitch, given above. Locate the config.msi file, Repair registered tool application, Repair your Windows Installation Process, Reinstall QuickBooks by doing a Clean Installation. We hope you found the content useful. If you still face any issues regarding the error code 1328 then you can call our toll-free QuickBooks Online support number +1-844-519-0042 to get instant help from Experts and ProAdvisors. You can also contact us if you have any other queries or issues related to Quickbooks.
Keep Sharing, Keep Smiling:)
You may also like: