Got encountered with a pop-up message starting from Quickbooks Error 12029? Surely, yes otherwise you must be carrying your business smoothly and not searching the web for solutions. Well, don’t worry you are at the right place in this article, we will discuss QuickBooks error code, it’s causes and solutions to fix it. QuickBooks error code 12029 generally occurs when a user is trying to update QuickBooks or Quickbooks payroll. In other words, it occurs when the QuickBooks fails to access the server. It happens due to the network timeout or when QuickBooks is blocked by the firewall.
As we all know, QuickBooks is one of the most efficient software for accounting as it provides the best accounting experience within all the domains with an easy-to-use interface. It is a type of accounting software that saves time and also manages the data in an organized manner. QuickBooks is suitable for all types of small and medium-sized businesses organizations. It is used by millions of people across the globe. But even though sometimes users suffer from errors while working on QuickBooks. But there is no need to worry we have all the solutions for you.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 12029
The error can be the result of internal as well as external issues. That’s why we can divide these causes into two subparts: internal causes and external causes. Let’s have a look at them one by one
- Software update timeout.
- Quickbooks connectivity failure.
- QuickBooks gets blocked and fails to connect to the server.
- QuickBooks is intercepted by the Firewall.
- Bad or wrong SSL settings.
- Problem with the internet connection or network problem.
- Network timeout while downloading the QuickBooks Payroll Download request.
- This error arises when the Internet Explorer is not set as the default browser or unsupported web browser.
- Firewall not working appropriately.
Solutions for QuickBooks Error 12029:-
We just need to fix some issues to get rid of the error QB 12029. Here we suggest some methods to fix the issue within a short span of time. After following all the steps if you are still unable to fix the issue contact our experts by dialing our toll-free number +1-8000-969-7370. Before trying these remedies make sure that your system is updated.
- Verify internet connectivity.
- Updating Internet connection settings.
- Adjust your Internet Explorer settings.
- Firewall and Antivirus Configuration.
- Update your QuickBooks.
- Starting windows in safe mode.
Verify internet connectivity:-
- Open Internet Explorer and search for a safe site. If the search is a successful move to the next step otherwise follow the steps shown below.
- Ensure that the time and date of your system is correct.
- Now, open the internet explorer and click on the tools at the top.
- Select reset/ restore defaults under the advanced tab.
- Hit apply and ok. Your internet connectivity will be good now.
Updating Internet connection settings:-
- Open the internet explorer and click on the tools at the top.
- Under the general tab select delete and then choose temporary internet files and click on delete once again.
- Now, open LAN settings under the connection tab and checkmark the checkbox which says Automatically detect settings.
- Make sure the Proxy server field is blank and click on ok.
- Ensure that the TLS 1.2 & TLS 1.0 & TLS 1.1 checkboxes are blank.
Adjust your Internet Explorer settings:-
Follow the below-listed steps to optimize the internet explorer settings:-
- Shut down the QuickBooks application and then open Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- Go to the Tools (press the Alt key from your keyboard to find the Tools).
- Open Internet Options and find the Security Tab.
- Look for the Globe symbol and click on it in the Security Tab.
- You need to check the level of security which is not set higher than the medium-high. Make it medium-high if it’s not.
- Now, search the connections tab.
- If the dial node is not used by you, select Never Dial a Connection. In case you use a dial-up node, choose the correct internet service provider.
- Now move to LAN Automatically detect settings. Select it.
- Now look for a Proxy server checkbox. Now enter the full address and port. Where the checkbox is marked.
- Find that the port is different from port 80, do not remove the checkmark placed against the use of a proxy server option.
- In case you can find the port is 80, you need to remove the checkmark placed against the use of a proxy server option for testing purposes.
- Now click on ok move to the Advanced Tab.
- After that, choose the restore advanced settings.
- Select TLS1.2 under Settings and click on OK.
- Now, you need to close the Internet Explorer and then reboot your PC.
After restarting the PC you need to start your QuickBooks.Update it and check it for QuickBooks error 12029.
Firewall and Antivirus Configuration:-
In this solution, you know how to configure the firewall.
- Download the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool.
- After downloading the Doctor Tool you need to install and run this tool.
- This tool will configure your Windows firewall and will open firewall ports automatically.
- Check if the error still exists.
Update your QuickBooks:-
- Select the Help option and click on Internet Connection Setup. After that, select the “Use my computer’s Internet Connection settings to establish a network when this application is connected with the internet”.
- Then click on Next and select Done.
- In the final step, you need to update your QuickBooks again.
Starting Windows in safe mode:-
- Press Windows key + l.
- Click on the update and security tab.
- Select the recovery tab and navigate to the advanced startup.
- Select restart now, After restarting click on troubleshoot.
- Now in advanced tabs select startup settings.
- Click on the restart tab.
- When the system reboots choose safe mode by pressing 5.
- The error should be fixed by now.
We hope that now you can fix QuickBooks Error 12029 by yourself and can get back to your work. As we have discussed the occurrence, various factors which are responsible for error 12029 and steps to fix it. After trying all the above methods, if you are still unable to do so, call our toll-free QuickBooks Online support number to get instant help. You can also contact us if you have any other queries or issues related to Quickbooks.
Keep Sharing, Keep Smiling:)