Are you a Mac user, and you want to use the QuickBooks Desktop version to manage your business? Then QuickBooks Desktop for Mac will be the best option. In this article, we will know a complete overview of QuickBooks Desktop for mac like; what are the features available in it, how to download, and install the version, and how to set it up.
Features Available in QuickBooks Desktop for Mac
QuickBooks Desktop for Mac has the same features that we are using in the normal version of QuickBooks Desktop. But the setup process of all features is a little different from the QuickBooks Desktop. We have mentioned some of the important features below, and their setting up procedure;
Automated Payment Reminder:
This is the most useful feature that Intuit has explored. With the help of this Automated Payment Reminder, you can easily set a reminder for those customers whose invoices are due. Check the following steps to create an automated payment reminder.
- First Go to the “Customer tab”. Then you have to click on “Payments reminders”
- Next, select “schedule payments reminders”
- Then, you can see the “+” icon from the “customer center”.
- Provide the group name.
- Select those customers whom you want to add to the group from the customer: job panel.
- After you are done, select OK.
- From the customer center, you have to select the customer group and “payment reminders” tab.
- Click on the gear icon and open “new payment reminder”
- Finally customize the reminder description, reminder date, and any other information.
- Now Click on OK.
This modernized feature helps to create customized reports, presentations, and navigation. It also has the features to update real-time reports. You will see three tabs- options, filters, and format. It gives you advanced features. Please follow the below procedure.
- Go to the “File menu” and open the “email forms”. This form helps you to send emails the next time.
- Choose the forms which you want to send.
- You have to combine forms and put a tick mark in the check box.
- Now, click on send.
Enhanced Company Snapshot:
You can use the centralized dashboard to customize date ranges, layouts, and widgets. It also increases visibility into your business and helps to see the data. You can detect the business quality with this customized dashboard along with adjustable information extents, and formats.
Combine Invoice Emails:
There are many new features added in invoice emails. Let’s see the features list in the latest version.
- Automatically reminds the customer when their payments are due and thus you will get paid faster.it also can accept ACH, credit cards, e-payments for payment purposes to save time.
- It can combine multiple invoices into one email.
- You can easily create and reuse email templates to communicate quickly with customers.
- Restore the QuickBooks files with the backup file restore wizard.
- There is a company file search option to find company files easily.
- You can send statements with the payment links. That helps customers to set balances via an online payment portal.
To use e-payments statements please follow the process.
- Go to the customer menu.
- Select “create statements”.
- Hit the button “statement dates and customers”
- Click on “allow online payments”.
- Select “email” when you are ready to send statements.
In the body of the email, you can see a pay online link. With this link, customers can secure their online payments by giving bank information and debit card or credit card. Check the following steps to record payments and deposits.
- Click on “customer menu”
- Select “record merchant service deposits”
- Choose the “transactions” and then for “record”
Sales Tax Code:
In non-profit organizations, multiple districts, out of state orders, you can record the transactions using the sales tax code. Here we will describe how you can set up the tax code.
- Go to the list menu
- Choose sales tax codes.
- You can see (+) sign to open the “New sales tax code window”.
- Below we mention some common sales tax codes. Check it out.
- OOS for out-of-state sales
- LBR for labor services
- NPO for non-profit organizations
- GOV for sales to government offices
- WHL for wholesalers
- RSL for resellers
- You have to enter the code in the code field.
- Select the “checkbox next” if the sales tax code you are creating is taxable.
- You can add a description for the sales tax code.
- After that click on “next” to add another tax code
- Now click on ok.
Bounced Check Processing:
This feature has been newly introduced to allow you to process the bounced checks easily. This will help to save your money. If there is a problem receiving the checks from the customers and if they have already deposited the check into the account, then this feature will help with these issues.
Can Link One Intuit ID:
To link the Intuit account ID to the company file, this new feature was invented. You have to upgrade the company file to the 2021 versions then you can log in to the Intuit account. This will help you to manage the account, view the customer purchase, and various services like payroll, merchant service, and many more. To manage the account-
- Go to the “QuickBooks menu”
- Click “preference”.
- Press the icon intuit account.
- Now, Sign in to the recommended tab.
- Then, select “manage your account”. There you will go to the Intuit QuickBooks Website And you can manage the products and service.
How to Download & Set Up QuickBooks Desktop for Mac
The download and set up procedure of QuickBooks Desktop for Mac is a little long procedure, you need to follow all the steps carefully. But before starting the procedure, you need to check all of the system requirements for the version. Always remember that, the needed system requirements will be different from the normal version of QuickBooks system requirements because both operating systems are different. Let’s first know, which requirements are needed for the QuickBooks Desktop for Mac.
Step 1: Check the System Requirements for the Desktop:
Before installation, you have to check that your Mac is suitable for the installation of the QuickBooks Desktop or not.
System & Browser Requirements:
- A minimum of macOS X v10.15 (Catalina) is needed.
- Good Internet connection for downloaded installation.
- Product registration required.
Integration with Other Software:
- Export report data requires at least Apple Numbers v3.5, and/or Microsoft Excel 2016 or later, including Microsoft 365.
- Email requires Apple Mail, Microsoft Outlook 2016 or later, including Microsoft 365.
- QuickBooks Desktop for Mac 2021 supports one-way conversion to QuickBooks Online.
- QuickBooks Desktop for Mac 2021 supports one-way conversion from QuickBooks Desktop for Windows 2018 – 2020.
- QuickBooks Desktop for Mac 2021 supports conversion to and from QuickBooks for Windows 2021
License & Product number:
Locate your license number. You will receive a confirmation mail that will contain the license product number if you don’t receive the support number contact support. You can also look for the scratch-off label to find the license.
Step 2: Download & Install QuickBooks Mac Desktop:
Let’s see the download process of the QuickBooks Desktop on Mac.
- First, download your QuickBooks Desktop for Mac version
- Then, you can also use the CD installer (as you purchased from a retailer).
Note: If you are undergoing difficulties with the process while downloading the installer, you may require to free up the browser’s cache and cookies or try to use a different browser.
Ready for Installation:
- The background applications should be closed.
- Enter the QuickBooks CD into the CD-ROM or can double-click the downloaded installer.
- The QuickBooks installation window will open automatically
- You have to move the QuickBooks icon to the Applications folder
- The application folder will also automatically open.
- Double-click on the QuickBooks application to open it.
Step 3: Upgrade/ Convert Company File
If you want to upgrade to a previous version of QuickBooks then follow the next steps.
- Open the company file.
- Select upgrade to update your company file.
- You will receive a prompt message. Then click on OK.
- Now you have to check the balances, reports,and accounts to convert the company file.
Step 4: Setup Multi-user Mode
This is optional. It can be applied if you have more than one user.
- Select the “Multi User” folder.
- You have to drag the ‘QuickBooks Server’ icon to the ‘Application’ folder.
- Click on ‘Authenticate’ to modify the folder application.
- Sign in using your username and password.
- Click on OK.
- Now you are ready to run and launch the company file.
- Click on ‘File’
- Choose ‘Enable Multi user mode’ to share your company file.
Pricing of QuickBooks Desktop for Mac:
You can get QuickBooks Desktop for Mac at only $399.99. It is a one-time payment. It includes all business features or features. If you are not satisfied with the version, they will refund the full payment within 60 days.
QuickBooks Desktop for Mac is a complete finance managing solution for all Mac, and QuickBooks users. It was our little effort to provide a little overview of the QuickBooks Desktop for Mac. We hope you find it informative, and now you can easily handle the version. Still, if you have any doubts regarding this topic then you can call us through the toll-free number [quicbooks]. Our certified QuickBooks experts will help you to clear your all doubts regarding this topic.