QuickBooks database server manager can help you with lots of things to manage your QuickBooks company files. If you have no idea what is QBDMS or How does QB Database Server Manager works in your system then, this post is for you to understand this feature completely.
If you want to share your company files with other people on their computers over the network, you must use the QuickBooks Database manager to do the process. It also gives you control to manage and monitor your multi-user network, but you need to run it on your system when you want to set up a network. You can also learn to set up networks for QuickBooks Desktop.
QBDS manager is the most effective and efficient software provided by the Intuit. It provides multiple user access and creates a Network data file (.*nd) for any company file which is stored on the host computer. If you are using QuickBooks desktop pro in more than one computer then you also have to install QBDS manager for each version. Once you install QuickBooks Database Server Manager then it will provide you multiple versions of the processes but not multiple instances of the software.
When you install a Database server manager for a year it means for that year the database is running in the background. Always ensure that the current version of the QuickBooks Database server running in the background.
Steps to download QuickBooks database server manager
- At first, open the QuickBooks database server manager then scan the folders of files that you need to configure for the multi-user access.
- After that scan, the company files on the server to ensure that the files are configured properly to give them access to multiple users.
- Now in order to add new company files to the server, you can use monitored drive features and keep the database server manage up to date.
- Make sure that the company files are connected to the server and users are logged into the company files.
- And in case, if you want to change the status of the service ten use the service administrative tool and configure the service.
- Finally, you can now use update features and download the latest update to the QuickBooks server.
Steps to install QuickBooks Database server manager
- Double click your QuickBooks installer to start the installation wizard.
- Make sure you are connected to the internet if not then connect to the internet and click “next”.
- Carefully read the software agreement and then accepts the Terms and condition and click “next”.
- Click on custom or network options.
- Select the method for the installation.
- Enter your license number if required.
- Click on yes to allow access.
- after doing that you find that a pop-up message open about the installation.
How can you update the QuickBooks database server manager?
- If you want to update the QBDS Manager then follow these simple steps:-
- To Fulfill this task you have to visit the official Intuit website for downloading the latest update patch for Database Server Manager.
- You have to reboot your server after updating it.
- Now a notification will appear on your screen “The company file needs to be updated to work with the versions of QuickBooks desktop”.
- Take a backup of the file after the Server is ready to make changes.
- Now follow the instructions given on the screen, After this, the file will be ready to open.
How can you setup QBDS manager?
If you want a successful setup of the QuickBooks Database Server Manager then follow these simple steps as given below:
- Download the latest patch available for your Quickbooks desktop.
- Reboot your server.
- Now you will receive a notification “The company file needs to be updated to work with his version of QuickBooks desktop”.
- Create a backup and open the file after the backup has been completed.
Functions Provided By The QBDS Manager
QBDS Manager provides various functions to us like:
- This software makes a record of the people about their login to which company file.
- This provides help to the customer to know about the company file stored on the server.
- It helps to keep a record of those services which are running continuously. When the company file hosted by the server.
- QBDS Manager can also help us to manipulate the status of some services. It is done by using the services Administrative tool and configuring the QBDS Manager.
- It also helps to manage the updates by clicking the update button in the “Update Section” and following the steps mentioned.
About QBDS Manager System
It is used to check all the information related to the system, For review, all the information of the system follows the given steps:
- Programs from the start button and click on the database server.
- Select the system.
- Check all the system details to check that Is everything alright!
How to use QuickBooks database server manager
After the installation of the Database Server Manager, you want to experiment with your enterprise files. Once you scan them, you can get right of entry to your employer files from other computers on your network. This helps you to and customers on your network work together in QuickBooks Desktop from more than one computer.
Opening QBDS Manager
- Click on the start menu.
- Select programs.
- And select QuickBooks
- Then select the QBDS Manager.
Scanning The Folders
- Open the QBDS Manager.
- Click on scan folders.
- For scanning the full local drive (in case you forget the location of your company file), click on scan.
Getting System Features Details
- Open the start menu.
- Click on Programs.
- Click on QuickBooks and then “QBDS Manager”.
- Select system, Now you can review your system information.
In this, you can add those drives you want to be monitored. This monitoring service ensures that every user can easily access the company file from the drive where it stored.
If you want to check the status of the monitoring service, Open the “Monitored drives” section.
By using this function we can easily keep our QBDS manager updated. This function is useful when the new files are added to the server. To do this do the following steps:
- Click on the “Start menu”, select QuickBooks and then select QBDS Manager.
- Select “Monitored drives”.
- Select any drive in which receives all the new company files. And this is the place at which all the updated files, deleted files, create files, and the modified files will store in the selected drive.
We cannot monitor or view those drives which are mapping.
When we manage data, performing tasks, some issues form at that time in the QBDS manager. Solutions for the most common issues faced by the users are:
Most commonly asked questions
To solve this issue follows the steps given below:
- Launch QuickBooks in each workstation, Remember it is a workstation. So, never get confused between server, workstation and the hosting system.
- Choose “File” and then select “Utilities”.
- If you find that host multi-user system than you have to understand that this computer doesn’t host company files so you have to change your system.
- Change your system and search for the stop-hosting multi-user access, Select this and confirm yes.
The most common issue faced by the user is when the Quickbooks has stopped working. To solve this try the following given steps:
- First, you have to restart the host of the company file and which is QuickBooks Database manager
- After you have installed the full QuickBooks program. And after that when you launch it, It will automatically start the QBDS Manager.
- It keeps track of your local hard drive.
- Configuration of the new company done.
- Keep a scan of your local drive.
Call our toll-free QuickBooks Support Number for further information at +1-818-850-7805. And if in case you have any doubt about the above step or procedures, you can tell about your problem to the customer service team. Our highly skilled QuickBooks data recovery support professionals will guide you on the way to get out of the problem.