Undoubtedly, QuickBooks is amazing accounting software for handling all the business transactions. With the help of QuickBooks, you can send and receive emails directly from the software. But sometimes you may face some issues like QuickBooks could not connect to the email server. When this error happens you can’t send your important business emails. However, if you are not able to send your invoices in QuickBooks Desktop, then it may be due to the incorrect email settings. This blog will tell you what are the causes behind the occurrence of this error. And also illustrates how to resolve the QuickBooks could not connect to the email server problem. Your screen shows several error messages like:
- Error: Can’t Connect To Email Server.
- We were unable to connect to the email server for your email provider.
Reasons Behind QuickBooks Could Not Connect To Email Server
Generally, this type of error occurs mostly on a Yahoo email address. Here is a list of the most common reasons that cause QuickBooks could not connect to the email server problem. They are as follows:
- First, your internet connection might be lost.
- Or you are not properly connected to the internet.
- Inappropriate email server settings due to which QuickBooks could not connect to the email server.
- While logging in to your email, you are not using the correct email ID or password.
- Also, your QuickBooks Desktop is not updated to the latest release version.
- Improper Internet Explorer settings also stop QuickBook’s connection with the email server.
- Insufficient admin rights on Windows, then also it encounters errors while sending emails.
- Due to the damaged Outlook application program.
Troubleshooting Steps To Fix QuickBooks Could Not Connect To Email Server
If you are unable to email invoices, then by following the below-mentioned troubleshooting steps you can easily fix this issue. These steps will solve your QuickBooks could not connect to the email server problem. The troubleshooting steps are like:
Update QuickBooks to the latest release version
To solve QB could not connect to the email server problem. Then firstly ensure that your QuickBooks is up to date. When QB is updated then you can access all the latest features and fixes. If QB is not updated to the latest release version, then follow these steps like:
- First of all, go to the Update QuickBooks to the latest release page.
- Ensure that your product is selected. If it is not, then click on the Change link and select your QuickBooks product.
- Now you have to click on the Update button to download the update file.
- Choose Setup Automatic Updates so that the QuickBooks automatically download and install the latest updates.
Verify the mail settings
- First, click on the QuickBooks Edit menu, and then choose Preferences.
- Now choose the Send Forms option.
- Under My Preferences, select the email account you are using, then select Edit.
- In the Edit Email, the Information screen goes to the SMTP Server Details section. And sets the server name and port to your email provider settings.
Reset Internet Explorer Settings to default
- Firstly, you have to open Internet Explorer (IE).
- After that click on the Tools menu or the gear icon to select the Internet options.
- Next, visit the Advanced tab, and then Restore Advanced Settings.
- When it is over, then close the browser.
Errors Along With The Solutions
If you still get the same error message after trying all these solutions. Then you have to perform the suggested solution for solving the error. They are like:
1. You are not connected to the internet or your firewall is blocking the connection.
Solution-Try to open Internet Explorer and access a web site.
2. Incorrect email server settings.
Solution-Verify you have the correct settings by following the steps mentioned in the troubleshooting step-2(Verify the mail settings).
3. When you enter an incorrect email address or password.
Solution – Log into your email account through a web browser and check if your email address and password work.
Although If you are getting this error message then maybe this could be a system issue.
QuickBooks could not connect to the email server is a problem due to which you cannot email invoices. By following the above troubleshooting steps you can overcome this problem. And also ensure that your QuickBooks is always updated with the latest version. So that it will include the latest features that will help in fixing the QuickBooks bugs. Contact a QuickBooks ProAdvisor for instant help by dialing toll-free number +1-844-519-0042