In QuickBooks, Check Register is the transaction of your bank account that maintains a personal record of your checking account. With this, you can view the transactions made by you with ease. Also, your account balance is updated automatically when you deposit or withdraw any amount.
The feature has a lot of perks to simplify your experience. In this article, we will provide a detailed view of the process, beginning with an introduction.
An Introduction To QuickBooks Check Register
The QuickBooks Check Register is the record of transactions made by you from your bank account in the form of a list. Additionally, it keeps track of the money spent by you along with the amount that remains in the account. It has columns and rows format that makes tracking easy.
In case you wish to save the recorded transactions, you have the option to print them.
How To Print A Simple Check Register?
Follow the steps given further for printing any account register with deliberation to get the desired results.
- First, go to the Accounting tab in QuickBooks Online.
- Then, go to the Chart of Accounts.
- After that, select View Register next to the register that you wish to print.
- You can filter or sort the list if you feel the need.
- Next, select the Printer icon located at the top-right.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions and begin with the process.
How to Get a Check Register?
If you didn’t get the check register with the checkbooks and want to have one, then we have some options for you.
- For Microsoft excel or google sheet, download a free template.
- From an online check printer or your bank, order a new register.
- Purchase a register from an office supply store.
- Get a check register from the back of an old checkbook.
- Create a simple register of your desired style or spreadsheet tool.
Why Should You Use It?
When you want to check your balance online, there is a possibility of finding misleading information. This is because banks make mistakes sometimes. Also, you forget about the transaction. You can keep yourself at the top of the transactions in your account with the help of the check register.
- You can know how much you have to spend. Like, you can transfer the money from your savings account to cover upcoming expenses.
- You have all the records of when you have spent. Such as paid debt, amounts, and dates if you require proof of payment.
- Seeing the expenditure you have made in recent days, the check register will make you aware of what you spent and do changes if required.
- Get the bank mistakes which is rare. If your bank did make a mistake in the recorded transactions of your account, then you can report immediately.
- Catch identity theft. If you ever see anything unusual, then you should report it instantly and get full protection under U.S law.
- Ignore bounce checks because they are expensive and create a bad effect on your finances.
- To avoid writing off bad debt in QuickBooks.
When To Use The Check Register?
With every transaction, it is mandatory to be careful about updating your check register so that it can provide you with a reliable source of your financial activity. You should record every transaction you made in the check register whenever you write a check or use your debit card. Also, you should check and compare your check register records with bank records to ensure that there is no difference. Sometimes, your bank statements provide some transactions that are not mentioned in your check register such as, fees you give the bank, interest payment from the bank, Automatic (ACH) transactions like direct deposit of the paycheck, or bills that are automatically paid by your bank account.
You can always track all the transactions to avoid any late charges. They can provide you with a correct record of the financial condition to assist in handling the money more efficiently.
Now that we have provided you with all the mandatory information, we hope you were able to understand and learnt how to print the QuickBooks Check Register. However, if you are facing any difficulty and are unable to do so, kindly contact our customer support. Call us on our toll-free number. Our team of experts and ProAdvisor will guide you through the whole process. Also, you can get in touch with us for any queries related to QuickBooks.