QuickBooks is the best small business online accounting software. More than 2 million users are there in the world and it separately holds the 80% market shares and now many of you are wondering about the QuickBooks Certification. Becoming the QuickBooks certification gives the best advantage to your business like how to deal with in the business like a pro.
Whatever you know about the accounting business and whatever is your reason for learning about the certification it can make your deal with some extra advantage.
Why QuickBooks Certification is essential:
Certification of anything helps you in many ways. Several reasons are there about why you have to be Quickbooks certifies.
1. It could help you get a job –
For those who are looking for a bookkeeping job or office management job then this certification holding is the must. Even if you are not interested in this certification even then learning the basics of the QuickBooks will help you up to different edges. The experience of the QuickBooks is more clear from their wide ranges of features and apps and web software with unique niches like trucking accounting software. If you are working by side holding the Certification in QuickBooks then this thing will provide your people that you have a good knowledge of the software. This will increase the confidence in them and they increase their productivity and many other advantages.
2. You’re starting a new business –
Planning to start the business and as well, then, in the beginning, you are handling all things including the bookkeeping for being up to date within your business. QuickBooks is user-friendly, make sure you’re using it correctly to keep your bookkeeping sparking for your running business. After being certified by the QuickBooks you are using the software even more correctly before. And become even more accurate.
3. You’re starting your own bookkeeping or accounting firm –
Planning to start your own accounting firms then solid fundamental accounting knowledge is essential. Theory knowledge of anything is not enough so the same as well theory knowledge of accounting is not enough you have to be practiced on this.
After becoming the Quickbooks certified accountant user then you will learn all features about. This thing will increase your value within the domain and makes your work so easier.
Is it true Become QuickBooks(Certified QuickBooks Certification) Makes a Difference?
What benefits does QB certification offer you and why is it important to you?
Benefits defines are –
Such advanced knowledge of how QuickBooks works. You are able to solve all tasks in between smaller times. Long passage time will be assembled shortly. The practice is the art of perfections but no one has enough free time for that perfection we have time for the certification course. Troubleshooting skills develop entirely. This certification guides you about how to troubleshoot everything which is causing an issue in the flow of the work and ease. Confidence to train others to use QuickBooks. Having a greater understanding of how to teach someone else about all things of the QuickBooks. In all preferences, it will make you the master of using QuickBooks.
How to access QuickBooks Certification :
Now that you’re on the platform then, let’s talk about all stuff. The most difficult and confusing part of learning the QuickBooks certification is which certification are you able to take and respond to. Numerous options are available to learn from and give exams and your best part of the QuickBooks helps you learn a lot about all the stuffs of this.
Option 1: Your local small business center, community college, or technical school.
If you’re using QuickBooks then you are the end-user which means that you are using the software. Maybe as an employee of a small business or as a small business owner. Then you are so close to learning about the certification exams of the QuickBooks. Anyone can take benefits from software training and also from real-life examples. According to your all types of questions raising in your head will read and help you in al the different processes.
All your local surroundings can help you in learning all the things about the certification at almost no cost.
Option 2: Online courses.
Online courses are available everywhere from where you can learn all stuff regarding the QuickBooks certification exams at your comfort place. Besides this there are a hundred types of online courses are available for the QuickBooks certification exams. All these online courses include the youtube video, paid courses of some thousands of bugs. Some of these courses even offer certification upon completion of the course. Outdated course material may affect the performance of an individual so kindly be aware before opting any of the online certification courses. For the up to date material, you can access the youtube platform because it provides the best and updated videos every week. Be aware of the scams especially when the certification is important to you. All online certifications are not of the actual cost and values.
Option 3: Become a QuickBooks ProAdvisor.
If your boundaries are strictly in the QuickBooks online then becoming a Pro Advisor is free. If you want to access the full benefits of this like access to desktop software, small fees are included for this. These small charges will help you with access to different benefits and different poles of the QuickBooks.
Whether you choose the free or the paid version of the program, Intuit provides its Pro Advisors with free certification training in all QuickBooks programs. This training is available with free virtual conferences and free live training events throughout the year. Pro Advisors have the option of becoming certified or advanced certified in QuickBooks Online, QuickBooks Desktop, and QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions.
Advanced certification needs adequate time to study and to take the exam. This certification exam deals with complex technical and troubleshooting topics, meaning Pro Advisors who earn advanced certification. Account to those who have shown significant proficiency not only in the use of the software but also in accounting knowledge.
Learn: How to Become QuickBooks Certified Is a Great Decision:
Whether you’re only an end-user or an accounting professional. Becoming QuickBooks certified is the best decision for an individual’s career.
After holding the actual QuickBooks certification you can able to assured about your actual and amazing knowledge with its great capacity about the QuickBooks. This decision also helps you with the best potential one can ever make in their own careers or businesses.
The Exam used to test the candidate’s QuickBooks competency. The Exam consists of 50 multiple-choice questions. To pass the exam, a minimum of 75% is the target line(37 out of 50 questions).
Testing behavior of the exam:
- Introducing QuickBooks
- Managing Expenses
- Sales and Income
- More Customer Transactions and Reports
- Bank Reconciliation and Bank Transactions
- Customizing QuickBooks
- Tracking Inventory
- Billable Time and Costs
- Payroll Setup
- Payroll Processing
- Adjustments and Year-end Procedures
- Setting Up a Company File
Detailed objectives of the QuickBooks Certification exams:
QuickBooks Setup –
- What information is required before they set up a QuickBooks file
- Start a new company data file in QuickBooks (Easy Step Interview)
- Keep the lists and preferences from an old file while removing old transactions
- Customize the home page
- Lists (customers, vendors, items, etc.). This includes understanding which names
- and items should appear on which lists.
QuickBooks Utilities and General Product Knowledge –
- Navigate or move around QuickBooks (use home page, menus, icon bar, etc.)
- Back up and restore a data file
- Determine the release number and how to update QuickBooks
- QuickBooks in a single-user and multi-user mode
- What versions and editions of QuickBooks are available for a specific year (desktop version)
- How to password protect QuickBooks
- How and why to use preferences
List Management –
- How to manage lists (customers, vendors, items, etc.). List management include:
- Adding new entries
- Deleting entries
- Editing entries
- Merging entries
- How QuickBooks uses items to perform the necessary accounting entries
- The different types of items and when to use each type
- How to use items for different types of scenarios.
- Products for a specified price
- Services for a specified price
- Unique products or services that have different prices for each sale
- One service or product
- Who should be listed in the Customer Center
- How to navigate and use the Customer Center
- How to complete the workflow
- Invoicing (A/R)
- Sales Receipts (no A/R)
- QuickBooks uses the Undeposited Funds, Accounts Receivable, and checking accounts in the invoicing cycle.
- Record a customer credit
- Create statements
- Handle bounced (NSF) checks
- Who should be listed in the Vendor Center
- How to navigate and use the Vendor Center
- The different workflows for making purchases
- Entering and paying bills (A/P)
- Writing checks
- Using a Credit Card
- Using a Debit Card
- Record the transactions in the purchase workflows
- Why record a Vendor credit
- Complete the inventory workflow (PO to payment)
- Collect and pay sales tax
- Bank reconciliation
- The differences between the Payroll Services available from QuickBooks
- How to set up Payroll (including employees, Federal and State taxes and basic Payroll deductions)
- using the Payroll Setup Wizard and then payments.
- Set up an employee’s earnings and sick or vacation time
- Sick or vacation time (accruing hours and using “banked” hours)
- To set up Payroll Schedules
- then Run Payroll
- Pay Payroll Liabilities
- Prepare payroll forms (941, W2) in QuickBooks
- Track time and use it for payroll or for invoicing customers
- if not know why then how to use the Report Center
- How to customize reports (report modifications, collapsing subaccounts, etc.)
- The basic question that each report answers (basic understanding of each report)
- Process multiple reports
- Then to send reports to Excel (understand and use the basic and advanced tab)
- why memorize reports
Basic Accounting –
- What the basic financial statements said to have a basic understanding of what they mean.
- The difference between cash and accrual reports
- How and why to set a closing date
- How to enter a Journal Entry if asked to do so by an accountant
- (they do not need to fully understand what accounts to debit or credit)
Customization/Saving Time and Shortcuts –
- Memorize transactions (automatically enter)
- Multiple users and what then level of access can be granted or denied
- Create custom fields (customers, vendors, and employees)
- Customize an invoice then.