There are different types of accounting software prevailing in the market. A large percentage of users or consumers are confused enough to choose the best accounting software that can meet their needs and requirements efficiently and easily. However, many of them are aware of the benefits and features of QuickBooks but along with that, it is having some issues or problems that can’t be ignored. Everything created in this world has some advantages and disadvantages associated with it. Likewise, in this blog, I will tell you about some of the QuickBooks Alternatives and also I will help you in choosing the best accounting software that you can use according to your needs and requirements. Now, we will discuss some of the QuickBooks Alternatives.
There is an alternative to everything that is prevailing in this world and you can use them according to your capabilities and will. In the below section, we will discuss some of the alternatives of QuickBooks, having the features and qualities of QuickBooks also.
Why do you need other options?
QuickBooks can be good accounting software, but it can’t be considered as one of the best accounting software. QuickBooks features make it adaptable to almost every small and medium business, but what will you do if QuickBook’s most basic plan is still over budget. Besides that, it has a limited file size, which makes it insufficient for a highly growing business.
Therefore, it’s best to investigate several other options before making your final decision for your QuickBooks Alternatives.
Best QuickBooks Alternative
You should ensure that you can easily move data in and out of solutions, especially when your needs are changing due to the growth of your business. Therefore, look for more options other than QuickBooks. We have outlined some best alternatives over QuickBooks.
Let’s look at the following alternatives of QuickBooks:-
It is widely popular among small businesses. It is a great choice for the user who wants to start with the help of the easy-to-use app.
Advantages of Wave over QuickBooks:-
- Wave is a free small business app.
- It is more user-friendly than QuickBooks.
- Good email-based customer support.
- Posses all the basic features of QuickBooks.
Disadvantages of Wave:-
- You have to pay extra in order to use all the features provided by the software.
- For large teams, it is not an appropriate option.
This accounting platform includes the excellence of desktop software and a cloud defined software. This software was designed to help small and medium-sized businesses.
Advantages of Sage over Quickbooks:-
- It has a flexible and on-premise setup and operation.
- Sage lets you sync your data.
- It automatically backups any information stored on the cloud to avoid data loss.
- It is the most versatile alternative of QuickBooks.
- It is easy to get a solution whenever a technical problem takes place.
Disadvantages of Sage:-
- It is not compatible with all level business setups like QuickBooks is.
- It doesn’t provide hands-on technical support and customer training.
- Advance accounting tools are absent as they are present in QuickBooks.
Xero is just like QuickBooks but is a free online alternative. It is commonly known for its customer-friendly interface. It offers a real-time view of your cashflow. It helps small businesses to connect themselves with their trusted providers.
Advantages of Xero over QuickBooks?
- The setup process associated with Xero is much easier than that of the QuickBooks.
- Xero includes unlimited users at all three pricing tiers.
- It is considered as a beautiful alternative of QuickBooks due to its simplicity and capability to avoid the accounting and finance jargon.
- Easy to manage with mobile app based on IOS and Android.
- It has three pricing tiers that can be opted on the basis of the level of the business and their needs and requirements.
Disadvantages of Xero:-
- It doesn’t provide any telephonic facility whenever the users report any issue. They have to wait for the response through email which relatively takes a longer time period.
- The ecosystem related to Xero is not as vast as that of QuickBooks.
4. Zoho books
Just like Xero, Zoho also has a user-friendly interface. One of the important features of Zoho that makes it an excellent competitor is that it provides customers professionally designed invoices that can be easily customized to suit their desired look.
Advantages of Zoho Books over QuickBooks:-
- It can be used and set up with more ease.
- It has a clearer interface with professionally designed templates.
- The vendor provides a low priced plan that ranges between $9 per month and $29 per month. It is the most affordable plan.
- It has several features that make it compatible with mobile devices.
- It includes the reports with detailed information regarding the overall health of the business.
Disadvantages of Zoho Books:-
- It is having a limited number of users in all its pricing tiers starting from two users in the basic tier to ten users in the professional tier.
- It has limited accounts payable functionality. It means that we have to manually mark the bills as paid.
- There is a lack of printing the check in order to pay the bills.
In terms of popularity and wide usage, FreshBooks also enjoys a good platform like QuickBooks. It is best QuickBooks Alternatives for freelancers. FreshBooks is a much flexible and long-lasting solution. It is all in one accounting solution. It serves various industries like marketing, finance, trade.
Advantages of FreshBooks over QuickBooks:-
- It is an easier and faster option to manage bills.
- It has a user-friendly interface.
- It has a smooth functional design.
- FreshBooks offers better customization such as triggers and alerts.
- Automates tasks like an invoice, tracking your time, etc.
- It offers the best invoice options for small businesses.
- It’s pricing plans are also reasonable.
Disadvantages of FreshBooks:-
- You can not manage the unpaid bills using FreshBooks.
- It is not applicable if you are selling the products because it is unable to track inventory costs and quantities using it.
- It does not include a bank reconciliation or accounts payable aging report.
It is an accounting tool used for payroll-management. It provides cloud-based payroll and benefits for businesses. Using it, you can perform time tracking and also automate the calculation of pre-tax. It is a modern platform for small teams and businesses. Gusto makes running payrolls easy by paying invoices automatically.
- Gusto is specifically designed for small businesses.
- It brings together your accounting and hr process.
- The software seamlessly blends with other software.
- Gusto is easy to use and perfect for payroll systems.
- Gusto can be accessed from a mobile web browser.
Odoo is an open-source accounting option. It combines everything starting from website management ending to marketing automation. Formally, it was called as OpenERP. Odoo provides everything that can help you to improve your sales, productivity, and revenue. Oddo has a strong technical foundation. It was designed to meet the needs of all businesses having different budgets.
Advantages of Odoo over QuickBooks:-
- It offers two versions:- one is Odoo Community which is free and an open-source and the other is the Odoo Enterprise that provides the options of cloud hosting or self-hosting.
- Odoo paid option depends on the option you want.
- It combines all the features like accounting, project management, customer management.
- It is easy to customize and develop new modules.
FreeAgent allows you to manage all your business finances which include unlimited banks, credit cards, unlimited users, unlimited customers, unlimited vendors. It comes with an intuitive dashboard where you can get a real-time view of your cashflow. FreeAgent is a cloud-based solution for accounts and small businesses. It provides dedicated mobile apps for IOS and Androids.
Advantages of FreeAgent over QuickBooks:-
- FreeAgent has an affordable universal plan.
- Freeagent allows you to track and pay bills.
- It comes with free add-ons
- It helps in better organization.
- Offers a dashboard view of your business.
Tipalti allows you to optimize the processing of global payables by providing you end-to-end control over the accounting system. It is a cloud-based accounting management software. This tool provides a web portal that helps suppliers onboarding. It can also send notifications to the vendors about invoices.
Advantages of Tipalti over QuickBooks:-
- Tipalti provides robust tools specialized for payment processing.
- It provides a custom UI.
- Supports a variety of payment options.
- Easy to manage vendor payments.
Disadvantages of Tipalti:-
- It doesn’t provide advanced reporting tools that can be customized and scheduled according to your preferences.
- The vendor doesn’t provide plans at different price points.33333333333333
ZipBooks is the best alternatives for the business that prefer to outsource their bookkeeping duties. It’s good for business that doesn’t want to manage books and is not capable of affording a full-time bookkeeper. This software allows us to sync with your bank account(s) to keep you up to date. Due to its simple layout, it is easy to navigate through it.
Advantages of ZipBooks over QuickBooks:-
- ZipBooks is ideal for freelancers.
- It will fit any budget since it is free.
- It can easily track income and expenses.
- Helps in payroll management.
- Helps in fund accounting and project accounting.
- All three paid plans include unlimited users.
Disadvantages of ZipBooks:-
- You can not track the inventories.
- The process of reporting for multicurrency transactions can be difficult.
- The statements of cash flows can’t be generated using ZipBooks.
Bench focus on streamlining and simplifying your financial system. It provides tools for generating quality financial statements. It also helps you to organize the financial data. The bench is a subscription accounting service that brings organizational financial data and a team of professional bookkeepers together.
Advantages of Bench over QuickBooks:-
- The bench provides tax support and communication support.
- Bench is intuitive as well as user-friendly.
- It offers communication and collaboration tools.
- It is easy to use and learn.
Disadvantages of Bench:-
- Its starting plans are not economical.
- Absence of large accounting tools and functionalities.
Spendwise is also known as Officewise. It is used by a business that sells their products.
Spendwise is an affordable and easy-to-use software. Spendwise provides end-to-end solutions. It was designed to serve startups agencies.
Advantages of Spendwise over QuickBooks:-
- Users can track bills, products.
- User can assign roles and provides certain access to transactions.
- Simple design and easy to use.
- It helps in assets management, budget management, and contract management.
- It also allows you to track unpaid bills, sales, and expenses.
- Manges invoice processing.
Disadvantages of Spendwise:-
- It does not allow you to send the updated inventory whenever we fill any purchase order.
- You can not access all of its functionalities after having the Basic plan.
OneUp includes CRM, inventory and invoice tracking. It provides multiple methods of inventory to users. It is one of the trusted solutions that are applicable to small businesses. OneUp has a product in and product out capabilities with the one-touch facility. OneUp allows you to execute the full life cycle of your invoice.
Advantages of OneUp over QuickBooks:-
- It offers robust inventory options.
- Low price for a few users.
- It targets small business owners.
- It provides better task management.
- Manages product database.
Kashoo software is easy to use. It provides free support for phone and web to users and subscribers. It also supports multiple users. You can create and mail invoices. Kashoo enables the user to automate the process of the bank. It has a mobile app for IOS that can be accessed using iPhone and iPad. Kashoo can track bills, payments can manage vendors.
Kashoo is very simple and helps you to accomplish tasks at a faster rate.
Advantages of Kashoo over QuickBooks:-
- Its mobile app for IOS helps you to manage invoices when you are on go
- It is easy to use.
- Security of data.
- You can generate different reports like a ledger, payment report.
- You can track the cost and income of specific projects and clients.
Slickpie is a free online accounting software for freelancers and small businesses. It was designed to provide easy to use user-interface. It has a well-designed UI. SlickPie is a good option for small owners who wants to manage multiple businesses at affordable prices. It automates your receipt data entry. It can also manage all your bills in one place.
Advantages of SlickPie over QuickBooks:-
- Supports emails, multi-currency.
- Helps in tracking expenses.
- Multiple companies can be managed using SlickPie.
- It also supports multiple payment options.
- Backups can be made whenever needed.
- Offers unlimited users with two basics roles: Standard and Advisor.
It is a powerful solution based on the cloud. It was commonly designed for businesses that require to automate the process of purchasing end-to-end. The important tools of Tradogram are:- flexible requests (RFQ and RP), internal requisitions, optimized supplier negotiations, material contracts, automated POs, AP purchasing, and delivery tracking.
Advantages of Tradogram over QuickBooks:-
- It provides a higher level of security.
- It also possesses the latest cloud technology.
- It is a feature-rich procurement platform that comprises six main components.
Disadvantages of Tradogram:-
- There is the absence of the accounting tools that can be used to simplify and automate core accounting processes.
- Its architecture is less flexible and scalable with respect to the architecture of QuickBooks.
Hopefully, from this information about 16 QuickBooks Alternatives, you will be able to choose which software suits for your business depending on the needs and capabilities. If you want to discuss more on this topic with our company executive, kindly contact our company customer care executives.