QuickBooks Abort Error is one of those errors that may affect some files of your company in QuickBooks. Now, be with us you will find the solution to this error. Although QuickBooks Accounting Software is well-liked software between small and medium-sized businesses or companies. To recognize this software, no one is required to have any skills or knowledge from the economic surrounding. QuickBooks is a very considerate option for the finance and accounting industry. Let’s begin the process of fixing the Abort error in QuickBooks But first, we need to understand why you are facing QB abort error in your software and what the causes behind it. If you need expert help through our Certified Intuit PrAdvisor to resolve this error then call our helpline number +1-877-326-5998
Understanding Abort Error in QuickBooks?
The file in the software named QBWUSER.INI file can be corrupted because of the QB Abort Error. While working in the software and trying to secure it or attempt to do any change in the file then this abort error generates unpredictably. And, moreover, because of this error, whenever you want to save the changes which you have done then, your system may crash. And QuickBooks might be automatically shut. However, there are often situations when QuickBooks has stopped working because of regular hits of the system.
Signs of QuickBooks Abort Error
It obstructs QuickBooks from working whenever the abort error is generated. And this error might affect your system. Below are some effects listed:
- Your system closes automatically while working in QuickBooks. And QuickBooks Unrecoverable error also might generate a notification prompt.
- Your personal computer might freeze.
- There are also chances of software crashes without any notification.
- QuickBooks will often shut down whenever this abort error occurs if your operating system is Windows 8.
Why does this Abort Error occur?
Go through the reasons given down below of QuickBooks Abort Error.
- When the company data file is corrupted then this abort error generates.
- In different editions of QuickBooks, the computers are running in multi-user installation.
- To host the QuickBooks Company file, more than one computer in a single network is configured.
- The company file of QuickBooks is secured on the portable drive or other computer and the link to the device of storage is interrupted.
- When settings of power management in Windows activated hibernation mode then this error happens or the computer secures the data then this error occurs.
Solutions of QuickBooks Abort Error
QuickBooks Desktop software requires a complete and continuous network connection to the company file from the server. Then, you have to ensure the status of hosting in the multi-user environment in QuickBooks of your computer.
Go through the full instruction for solution given down below:
- Go to the option of “File”, then click on Utilities, and then select Stop Hosting in Multi-User Access.
It is completely mandatory to configure Configure Windows to do proper work with QuickBooks Desktop. Because the system’s firewall can obstruct the network access through which it will block access to many QuickBooks files and programs.
The configuration process has to be attempted on both computers (host computers and server computers).
- Then, you have to click on the multi-user mode of the company data file.
- Ensure that the option of the open file in multi-user mode is already ticked if not, then tick that option. And you can also run QuickBooks File Doctor software for the multi-user network problem.
You have to ensure that your software is updated to the latest release. Then do the settings of windows regional to be at the United States location. It is necessary that usage regional settings are right.
Now, check out some other options to fix the abort error especially for the Windows OS. you can also come for QuickBooks support by calling on the toll-free Phone Number +1-877-326-5998.
- Download the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
The very first thing, download the QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool. And, then execute the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool. you can go through and solve the damage in the components of Windows.
- Reboot the system then shut off the antivirus software
- Start your system again.
- Then, open the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Then disable the antivirus software for some time, if the error is still not solved.
- Change the name of QBWUSER.INI file
- Firstly, change the name of the QBWUSER.INI file.
- And, the folder should have a display option to make sure about that. Switch on the hidden data and files, where the QBWUSER.INI is stored. Directory is Users\[Your user name]\AppData\Local\Intuit\QuickBooks[year]
- Do the right-click on the file and click on the Rename.
- Then, add the .old at the end of the file name (QBWUSER.ini.old).
- Change the name of the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file.
- When the QBWUSER.INI and EntitlementDataStore.ecml files are changed then, attempt to open the company file.
- If you cannot open the company file, and other files are opening properly.
- Then, copy the file to a different folder and open it there.
After doing these all processes, if you still have the same issue. Then may it be damaged then you have to restore it on the previous backup of that file.
- Uninstall it and then do a clean install again.
- Make a fresh or new Windows User.
Abort errors in QuickBooks can affect your data files and prevent you to work in QuickBooks. There are multiple reasons why this error occurred as you can see we already discussed in the post above with the process of fixing QuickBooks Abort Error. If you are still facing this after doing all the given steps above, then, you should contact QuickBooks ProAdvisors to get an instant solution. You can contact the QuickBooks Experts by dialing our toll-free +1-877-326-5998.