For any company’s employees, they must prepare tax returns, for that they use the W2 form. The IRS form W2 is a declaration which is stored by the employer of their all employees salary record. And, it also keeps the details of deduction from the paychecks. But, before moving towards the rules of how to print W2 forms in QuickBooks. You have to go through all the requirements in printing. And, in this article, we will get to know the needs required for W2 forms in QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Desktop.
Requirements in Printing for QuickBooks Desktop
There are given requirements for printing in QuickBooks Desktop, follow them:
- In QuickBooks Desktop, to print W2 form, take black ink, and print on paper. And, make sure it will work with the QuickBooks Payroll version.
- In this, you have to ensure that you are using a supported QB Desktop version.
- And, should have a proper working QuickBooks Payroll Standard or its new service.
- For the payroll service, you should have W2 papers and a printer.
- And you should use blank papers or preprinted paper of laser printer.
- Then, for an inkjet printer, use preprinted forms.
- Also, have the current payroll tax table.
How to Print W2 forms in QuickBooks Desktop
1. From QuickBooks Desktop, open W2, and W3 forms.
- Firstly, press on the employees’ button then, payroll tax forms and W2s. and, click on the process of payroll forms.
- Then, select annual W2 and W3 forms and tax statement transmittal. Then, tap on Create.
- If in case, you have to file the forms of all the employees then, choose all the employees.
- When you are printing, add the specific year in the form. Then, press on OK. QB Desktop only manages one version of the tax form. And, you need to use the updated version of the form, when you want to print W2 forms of the previous year. And, you already have the newer version.
- For printing the form, choose the employees. If you want to recheck or edit the form, click on the edit option. Then, click on the submit form to move ahead. To print the form, choose the employees.
- Then, press on the Print or e-file.
2. In the Print W2 and W3 forms Window, select the paper type and the item to print also.
- Initially, choose either blank paper and preprinted forms.
- Select the employee of whom you are printing the print section under the selected item.
- 3/page – copies B, 2, C
- For 4/page – copies B, 2, 2, C
- The instruction for employees is necessary if it is not printed on paper.
In the case of pre-printed forms
- For employee’s federal tax return for 2/page – W2, Copy B
- Your state or Local Tax Department for 2/page – Copy 2 of W-2
- The employees’ records for 2/page – W2, Copy C
- The instructions are required for filling the form, if not printed on paper.
- For the records 2/page – W2, Copy B
- And, the instructions for filling employer form – W2 and W3 forms
- W2/Copy A – for the SSA, 2/page
- W2/Copy 1 – the local tax department, 2/page
3. After transfer, the form to the PDF Reader, start printing
- Firstly, do a print test, if you are using the preprinted forms.
- Then, click on the print PDF.
- Then, begin the printing process.
The requirement in Printing for the QuickBooks Online
- Print the employees W2s on horizontal 4-up blank paper.
- Use Black Ink only.
- And, also use the only working QB Online Payroll subscription.
How you can Print W2 in QuickBooks Online
- Firstly, press on the taxes tab and then, the section of the payroll tax.
- Then, press on the annual forms. After that, press all employees or a particular employee name.
- Press on W2, copies B, C & 2. From the period menu, choose the right date range.
- Press on the view to open the printable forms and press the printable icon.
In QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Desktop, the W2 printing will save you time.
With Adobe Reader, Print, Save, and Email W2- forms
- Go to the Payroll Tax Center.
- Firstly, select the employees then, the payroll center.
- Press on the file forms button.
- After that, click on the file view or print the forms and W2s.
- Then, enter the PIN and press OK.
- For all the links of one year in the box, click on the view employee W2 forms.
- Press on the employee’s name for the W2 which you want to print. Then, to open the form in Adobe Reader, follow the adobe instructions.
- Then, press in the file and on print.
- Select the file and save a copy of it and select the directory where you want to save the file.
- Choose the desired file which you want to email and press on the send.
- Attach the file to the email.
The step of manually filling in the information of the employee will take more time. But, printing the W2 form in QuickBooks will save you time.
We hope that now you understand how to print W2 in QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Desktop. And, all the requirements it needs. If you don’t have enough time or after reading the blog, you have some questions or queries or any kind of problem-related to QuickBooks, you can simply call on the QuickBooks Online Support Phone Number to get rid of the issue you face, or get the answer to the query you have.