Today, this article is about to print pay stubs in QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online. If till now, you are searching for the way to print the pay stub in QuickBooks then, stop searching, and read the article till the end to know the procedure in detail.
The information of the company like the company’s name, address, and phone number displays at the top and bottom of the page while print pay stubs in QuickBooks. In the QuickBooks Desktop, the feature of QuickBooks Paychecks or stubs authenticates you to email pay stubs to the employees. QuickBooks Print Pay Stubs obeys as a tangible record of the paycheck amount and date. You can also build QuickBooks Desktop pay stubs with the needed information which you want the employees to keep by just using the Payroll Printing Preferences in QuickBooks. In this article, we are going to discuss how can you print pay stubs in QuickBooks.
How to Print Pay Stubs in QuickBooks Desktop
Scenario 1: If you want to print one or more pay stubs at once
- Login to the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Go to the ‘File’ menu, and select the ‘Print Forms’ option.
- From the ‘Print Forms’ section, choose the ‘pay Stubs’ option.
- After selecting the ‘pay Stub’ option from the list, you can see all the bank account (which are used for payroll).
- Select the payroll bank account from the bank account list.
- Now, enter the date range which includes the pay date of the pay stubs.
- Choose the pay stubs that you want to print from the next column of the date.
- You can choose the employee’s name from the ‘Employee’ dropdown menu.
- Go to the ‘Preference’ tab, and select the company, employee information, if you want to include all in the print pay stub.
- Now check the preview before printing the print stub.
- Select the ‘Print’ option to print the pay stub.
Scenario 2: If you want to print a single pay stub from a paycheck
- From QuickBooks Desktop, open the paycheck.
- Select the ‘Print’ icon, and click on the ‘Pay Stub’ option above the check.
- A single paycheck printout from the paycheck.
Scenario 3: If you want to print by the Paycheck List
- In the beginning, click the Employees from the left menu bar.
- Then, select the Employee name for pay.
- After that, select the Paycheck list on the employee’s information page.
- Click on the Check to pay.
- If the check number is available then select it, otherwise find it.
- Click on the ‘Batch Action’ and select the ‘Print’ from the list.
Scenario 4: If you want to Print through the Pay Stubs and Voucher Printing
- Firstly, open the QuickBooks then click on the Menu bar for Edit.
- Click on the Preference in the drop-down list.
- Select the Payroll and Employees.
- Click on the Company preference option and choose the Full payroll in the payroll attributes field.
- You can go to the payroll preference windows by going to the ‘set preferences’ section and click on the Paystub and Voucher Printing.
- And, include the checkboxes which you want in the ‘Paycheck Vouchers and pay stubs, Print’ field.
- Select the Legal Company Name if you want to see the company name to come upon the pay stubs.
- You can select the Ok button after you have ticked all the items.
- A paystub with selected information will print automatically for each paycheck.
Scenario 5: If want to Print through Bill Payment Stubs
- Click on the Print Form and then select the bill payment stubs from the File menu option.
- And, click on the Credit Card or check depending on the technique for bill payment from the drop-down list of bill payments.
- Select the correct bank or credit card account in the list of drop-down accounts.
- Fill the starting and finish dates in the Dated and amp section to the list payments from a several date range.
- Click on the checks for which you wish to print the bill payment stubs.
- Click on the OK button.
- Make sure the printer or font and check the total number of copies and click on Print in the Print Window.
How to Print Pay Stubs in QuickBooks Online
As all QuickBooks Online users know, QuickBooks Online has different payroll plans to use. So here we have provided different procedures for different plans to print pay stubs.
To Print the Pay Stub in QuickBooks Online payroll
If you are a QuickBooks Online user then follow the
Step 1: Setting up the Pay Stub Printing Preferences
- Login to QuickBooks Online.
- Go to the ‘Settings’ tab, and select the ‘Payroll Settings’ option.
- Again go to the ‘Preferences’ section, and choose the ‘Paycheck Printing’ option.
- Choose the ‘Plain Paper Stubs’ option, and click the ‘OK’ option.
Step 2: Print Pay Stubs
- Select ‘Employees’ option from the ‘Payroll’ menu, and then choose the ‘Paycheck List’.
- Now, choose the paycheck that you want to like to print, and click the ‘Print’ option.
To print the pay stub in QuickBooks Online Payroll (all other versions)
Step 1: Set Up the Paystub of Printing Preferences
- Click on the ‘Settings’ option, and select the ‘Payroll settings’ option.
- Now go to the ‘Printing’ section, and click on the ‘Edit’ option.
- Select the ‘Plain Paper’ option, and save it.
- Click on the ‘Done’ option.
Step 2: Print the Pay Stub
- Select the ‘Employees’ option from the ‘Payroll’ Section.
- Now you can go to the ‘My Payroll’ section, and can choose the ‘Pay check list’.
- Choose the paychecks that you want to print, and click the ‘Print’ option.
To print the Pay Stub in Intuit Online payroll enhanced
Step 1: Set Up the pay Stub Printing Preferences
- Visit the ‘Setup’ option, and select the ‘Preferences’ option.
- Choose the ‘paycheck Printing Settings’ option, and then the ‘Plain paper stubs’ option.
- At last, click the ‘Ok’ option.
Step 2: Print the Pay Stubs
- Go to ‘Payday’, and select the ‘Pay check list’ from the options.
- Now choose the paycheck that you would like to print, and click the ‘View Print’ option.
- At the end, choose the printer icon to print the stub.
So, these were the procedures, to print paystubs in QuickBooks Desktop, and QuickBooks Online. Hope you like it, and now you are able to print paystubs in QuickBooks. Still, if you need help to perform any procedure then you can get help from our QuickBooks expert at any time, and anywhere.