There are various features and facilities that are required by the business and are mandatory to keep them growing. QuickBooks is capable of satisfying all those facilities and features. If we talk about the features, then Payroll is one of the best features of QuickBooks. While purchasing this we are provided with a 16 digit payroll service key which is unique. This service key is linked with the EIN and payroll service. Before using this, it is necessary to have detailed knowledge about the Payroll Service key in QuickBooks.
In this blog, we are going to discuss how can we enter or edit the Payroll Service key, what are the limitations of this service, and many more things related to it.
Limitations of Payroll Service in QuickBooks:
- You can only take one payroll subscription for all your companies.
- You can use and access the QuickBooks with the help of registered desktop only.
- If you pay to your employee using Direct Deposit, then you will be able to make multiple company account with a single Payroll subscription.
- Make sure the payroll administrator and the contact details of the QuickBooks Payroll subscription are the same for every company.
- Using the same EIN to work on the multiple files will produce an error which states QuickBooks Desktop Payroll support single data file with a unique EIN.
How payroll service key in QuickBooks work:-
Whenever you purchase the QuickBooks Payroll for your QuickBooks Desktop system software, you get a 16 digit service key which also works as a unique EIN and payroll service. After that, you have to enter this 16 digit service key to the QuickBooks to activate the payroll service for QuickBooks file and after installing the payroll to the QuickBooks software you can make the QuickBooks payroll summary report.
1. How do we get the service key:-
- You can get your payroll service keys through your E-mail.
- Sometimes users did not get the service keys. In that case, they can get their service key using an automated tool known as Intuit’s Automated Service Key Tool.
Opening the payroll service key window in QuickBooks:-
- First, you have to open the Quickbooks menu, then select the employees.
- After that, choose payroll and click on enter payroll service key.
3. Update your payroll service:-
- .Open QuickBooks menu, and select Employees.
- Choose My payroll service, and click on manage service key.
4. How to add service keys in QuickBooks:-
- If the payroll service is not listed, then you have to add the service keys to your QuickBooks.
- If any payroll service is active into your QuickBooks account, then it will be shown active otherwise you have to edit the payroll service.
- After choosing the edit option, a new screen having Enter Service Key window will appear.
- Now click on the dialog box appears on the window and enter and edit the correct payroll service key.
- Now, click on next and choose Finish.
- After that, you will get a payroll update message and then click on Ok.
- After completing all the steps, make sure that the service key of your payroll account is active or not.
- Finally, click on OK to confirm all the changes and close the window.
5. How to remove an active service key from QuickBooks:-
- First, you have to open the payroll service window, then select the remove button.
- Hit OK, when you see a confirmation message.
How can we update our existing payroll subscription with another EIN:-
- Go to Employees, then click on the Payroll option.
- Then, click on My Existing Payroll Service.
- Click on Add EIN placed in the Account Maintenance tab.
- Click on Add to the Subscription button.
- After performing these steps, you have to fill your Business Name and the EIN and then click on Next.
- Then a Review Information window gets appeared.
- Then click on next to add Company EIN which is free of cost.
- QuickBooks will provide you a new Service key.
- After doing that, you have to open a new company file where this Service key has to be added.
- Click on Employees and go to my payroll service.
- Click on Manage Service keys, and select add.
- Finally, fill the New Service key and click on next.
In this blog, we have discussed the Payroll Service key in QuickBooks and other aspects related to this topic. I hope all the queries related to this topic is clear to all of you. If not, kindly contact our QuickBooks ProAdvisors team panel which is always ready to help their customers. This service is available to the customers at any time.