If you are using QuickBooks Payroll Software then, it is very important to know about QuickBooks Payroll Service Key. For any small or medium-sized business requires some different features and facilities to grow their business in top rank. And those features and facilities can be provided by QuickBooks accounting software. In this software, payroll is the best service. And, when you purchased the payroll version then you have provided a 16-digit code or payroll service key which is unique. Every user of payroll software has their own unique payroll service key. The payroll service key is linked with the EIN and payroll service. So, before that, let’s understand what the Payroll Service key in QuickBooks.
Here, in this blog we are going to talk about how to enter or edit the Payroll Service Key, and limitations of this service and many other things related to this topic.
Enter and Edit Payroll Service Key or Disk Delivery Key
Whenever you purchase the QuickBooks Payroll for your QuickBooks Desktop system software, you get a 16 digit service key which also works as a unique EIN and payroll service. After that, you have to enter this 16 digit service key to the QuickBooks to activate the payroll service for QuickBooks file and after installing the payroll to the QuickBooks software you can make the QuickBooks payroll summary report.
You have provided a 16-digit service key which is unique to your EIN and payroll service when you bought the QuickBooks Payroll. So, you have to enter the unique key for operating the payroll service in your QuickBooks.
First, How can you get the Service Key
Generally, you will get the service key through your email. But, if in case, you don’t have your service key. Then try the automated service key retrieval tool. For using this tool, you have to login by using your Intuit account.
The automated service key retrieval tool will not work if,
- If there are more than one order registered in the system by your company.
- Or, you have bought the payroll product from a retail store.
- The business phone number you have provided is not the same as Intuit file stores.
Enter the Service Key
- Go to the QuickBooks Service Keys window.
- Then, select the Employees after that, My Payroll Service in the company file. And, if you already have Payroll set up, click Manage Payroll Service. Otherwise, click on Add Payroll Service.
- And, if you don’t have a payroll service in your organization file then select the Employees, then payroll and then Enter Payroll Service Key.
- After that, in the QuickBooks Service Key screen: if you don’t have a payroll service key then add it. If there is no payroll service is listed. Then click on Edit if a payroll service is shown in the list.
- In the Service Keys window: if you have payroll service then, click on Edit. And take note of the service key shown on the screen.
- Remove payroll service key from QuickBooks Desktop.
- Click on Add and move forward with the rules written down below.
- Type the service key in the Service Key field. ( if you have the payroll service key, still you need to enter the current payroll service key which you have got recently).
- If you have the payroll service key, you still need to enter the current payroll service key which you have got recently.
- Then, click on Next and then Finish.
- When the Payroll Update message displays on the screen then click on OK.
- Check the service status displays Active and then press OK.
In the end, restart the QuickBooks Desktop. And, here you go to start setting up the payroll in QuickBooks.
Limitations of Payroll Service in QuickBooks:
- You can only take one payroll subscription for all your companies.
- And, you can use and access the QuickBooks with the help of registered desktop only.
- If you pay to your employee using Direct Deposit, then you will be able to make multiple company account with a single Payroll subscription.
- Make sure the payroll administrator and the contact details of the QuickBooks Payroll subscription are the same for every company.
- Using the same EIN to work on the multiple files will produce an error which states QuickBooks Desktop Payroll support single data file with a unique EIN.
How can we update our existing payroll subscription with another EIN:-
- Go to Employees, then click on the Payroll option.
- Then, click on My Existing Payroll Service.
- Click on Add EIN placed in the Account Maintenance tab.
- After that, click on Add to the Subscription button.
- When you are done with these steps, you have to fill your Business Name and the EIN and then click on Next.
- Then a Review Information window gets appeared.
- And then click on next to add Company EIN which is free of cost.
- QuickBooks will provide you a new Service key.
- After doing that, you have to open a new company file where this Service key has to be added.
- Click on Employees and go to my payroll service.
- Press on Manage Service keys, and select add.
- Finally, fill the New Service key and click on next.
In this blog, we have discussed the Payroll Service key in QuickBooks and other aspects related to this topic. I hope all the queries related to this topic is clear to all of you. If not, kindly contact our QuickBooks ProAdvisors team panel which is always ready to help their customers. This service is available to the customers at any time.