There are many choices in QuickBooks to use different emails. For sending and receiving invoices, reports, product sales, and many other things, you can organize emails in QuickBooks. Sometimes, Microsoft Outlook goes missing while you do some changes in email settings. And, the error notification will prompt on your desktop screen “in QuickBooks outlook is not an option for sending forms preferences”. You can also talk to us about your problem which you face in QuickBooks software by calling on QuickBooks Support Phone Number. Experts will solve any issue associated with QuickBooks. So in this blog, we are going to talk about the solutions and causes when your outlook is missing in QuickBooks Desktop.
Causes of Outlook Missing in QuickBooks
If in your Microsoft Outlook application, you didn’t see the Edit > Preferences > Send Forms > My Preferences option then, there are several causes of this problem.
- If you are using an older version of Microsoft Office such as the 2010 version, then it might be possible to get this error.
- The older version of Microsoft may not support many of the programs which involve the QuickBooks Desktop. For solving this, and work smoothly then update to the latest version of the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Or, your Microsoft Profile does set properly and shows this problem.
- You might face the error when the outlook is not showing as a default program.
- Microsoft Outlook is not an option for preferred email programs in Internet Explorer.
- The service provider of your software that does not have installed the Microsoft application from QuickBooks is hosted.
Also, Intuit does not provide an option for Microsoft applications. And you are looking for help from an IT expert. Several issues are:
- Windows/MS office errors.
- After losing the license number, you are unable to reinstall the Microsoft Office.
Also, it is mandatory to upgrade your QuickBooks Desktop because the older version of QuickBooks does not provide advanced features.
How to solve when your outlook is missing in QuickBooks Desktop?
There are some solutions to fix this issue.
Solution 1: The version of Microsoft Outlook if outdated
- Select the option of Microsoft Office Outlook in your Outlook Help menu.
- After that, ensure the version information and also the build number for installing the outlook version and verify it for easy sending and setting up an email.
- By verifying the QuickBooks ribbon, you also ensure the version of the Microsoft outlook, after all the above process is done.
- Also, check the proper outlook version on the basis of the QuickBooks Desktop version.
Solution 2: Synchronize the Default Outlook Email Program
Outlook Email version 2010/2013:
- Firstly click on the File button.
- Then press on the Options button.
- After that click on the Option for start-up by which you can set the outlook email, calendars, contacts checkbox, etc.
Outlook version 2017 and the previous version
- Click on the Tools and Options.
- Then press the Other option.
- Select the Make Outlook the default email program from the General Settings.
- You will also get the choice to select one profile every time when you start if you have many profiles of QuickBooks. Also, QuickBooks cannot see Outlook, if any of the profiles are chosen, then choose a profile and press the Set as Default option.
Solution 3: Set a default email plan on the internet explorer.
To verify the Microsoft Outlook, you should have seen that you are able to send and receive email from the profile in Microsoft email or the outlook express.
- In the internet Explorer, click on the Tools and Internet option.
- Then, click on the Program button.
- After that, you have to follow the instructions according to the version of Internet Explorer.
For Internet Explorer 9.0, 8.0 and 7.0
- First, click on the Set Program at the bottom of the Window.
- Then, click on the Set your Default Program.
- After that, press the email applications.
- And, set the default program by clicking on OK.
- Press the Set Program access and defaults of computer.
- Click on the drop-down button and select the Use my Microsoft email program.
- Then, press the OK button.
For Internet Explorer 6.0
- Shut and open again the Internet Explorer.
- Click on Tools and then Internet Options and press the Programs options.
- And, click on the Outlook as your Email program by clicking Ok, in the Internet program.
- Press the Edit and then, Preferences.
- Click to Send Forms and then press on My Preference.
- Login into your email in the send email field.
Solution 4: Edit the Mail Profile Settings in Windows
- Shut the QuickBooks application.
- Then, click on the Windows button and then, click on the Control Panel.
- You will get a mail option in your mail, press that.
- Then, you need to select the Show profile option.
- Click the OK button from the profile.
- It will assist you in the QuickBooks outlook profile.
Solution 5: WIN.INI file in WIndows
The WIN.INI file is a Windows system file. And it consists of some mandatory settings which are used for email.
- Press the Windows key from your keyboard and enter this C:\Windows\ and click Enter.
- After that, do the right-click on the WIN.INI file for which you need to press the button of Copy and Paste the file. This will secure your file as a backup in a separate location. Then, you can copy and paste where you want to.
- After this, return to the C:\Windows folder and open the WIN.INI file.
- It will show you several headings, and you have to select one email.
- Don’t need to display the mail field. Add it to the end of the file with the text.
- If the text below is no in the field and add it.
- Save it and close it.
- Restart your QuickBooks application.
- Press the Edit menu and click on the preferences. Then, your problem will be solved, and get an option of outlook.
Solution 6: Run Detect and Solve in Outlook
In detecting and solving the Outlook 2007 error, you will get more experience.
Solution 7: Install the Office and QuickBooks again
- Uninstall QuickBooks
- Uninstall Office
- Reinstall Office.
- Reinstall QuickBooks.
We hope, this above-mentioned solution will help in solving the outlook missing in QuickBooks Desktop send forms preferences. And, also the causes. If you still have any questions or queries to ask related to QuickBooks, then, you can simply contact us by dialing our toll-free number +1-844-519-0042.