QBW file is a QuickBooks extension, which acts as the working company file of QuickBooks and keeps our all data safe. Sometimes users need to open QBW file without QuickBooks, but can’t do it. Well, it is not a harder problem to open file without QuickBooks. This article will guide you to open the qbw file in excel, and without QuickBooks.
Let’s check how to do it;
How to Open QBW File without QuickBooks in Excel
To open .qbw file without QuickBooks in excel, you need to follow the below five steps. Follow the steps properly to complete the process successfully.
Step 1: Run QuickBooks
In the first step, we need to run the QuickBooks. Here is the step to run the QuickBooks:
- Click on the ‘Start’ button on Windows.
- Select the ‘All Programs’ option, and search for ‘Intuit’. (Follow the step if you are using Windows 7)
- Type ‘Intuit’ in the search bar, and select the ‘Intuit’ folder. (Follow the step if you are using Windows 10)
- Now from the Intuit folder select QuickBooks.
Step 2: Choose the Company File
- After running the QuickBooks, select the QuickBooks company file.
- Click on the ‘Open’ icon to open the file, and enter the password to access the file.
- Now go to the ‘Customers’ section, and select any one of the options ‘ Vendors’ or ‘Employees’ from the top of the screen.
- Now close the file, and select the ‘Customer Centre’ option.
Step 3: Export the File to Excel
Now the step is to export the file from company file
- From the top of the screen, select the ‘Excel’ option, and then the ‘Export Excel’ option.
- Now save the file, and give a name to the file.
- Locate the file, and click on the ‘Export’ icon to export the file.
Step 4: Import the File
- Open the file that you have imported for excel file in the old version.
- Once again select the excel file, and import it.
- It will be good to have the excel version 2010 or the later version, it will be easy to open the qbw file in the latest excel version..
Step 5: Locate the File
This is the last step of the process, so complete it carefully;
- Once you complete the import process, click on the ‘Data’ tab.
- And then select the ‘Other Resources’ tab.
- Select the QBW file which appears on the Window screen and redirects it.
- If you are unable to locate the file then search it.
- After locating the file, select it, and follow the onscreen instructions to open the file without QuickBooks.
At last we hope, now you are able to open the qbw file without QuickBooks. We tried our best to provide the simplest way to access the file with QuickBooks. Still if you need help to perform this process then you can get our QuickBooks support. Our expert will guide you to clear your all doubts.