If any user made a mistake in check filling out, did not properly fill out the check, and transferred the check to the wrong person. Then, in QuickBooks Online, you have a choice to void or cancel the check. The “Void” word states cancellation or not using further the particular thing. That means if you did something wrong or filled the wrong amount or sent it to the wrong person. Then, this blog is for you. In this article, you can get the solution to your problem i.e., how to void a check in QuickBooks. Now, let’s read the instructions given above.
How can you void a check in QuickBooks?
The old check will be discarded by voiding the check on QuickBooks. And, to void a check which was recorded last time in QuickBooks Software, these given rules will assist you.
- Firstly, the user has to select the option given ‘Banking’ and then, ‘Register’.
- That account from which the user has made the check, click on that account.
- Select the entry number or check number for voiding the check by choosing that particular check on the screen.
- Tap on the option of ‘Edit’ then, void the check. And, when it asks you by a message “in the current period, if you want to void the check” then, Press the ‘Yes’ option. But, in the situation, the user wants to void the check by mentioning the date on which it was provided, tap ‘NO’.
- In the end, tap on the ‘Record’ option.
Void a check from the Check page
- In the beginning, click on the ‘expenses’ option.
- Then, click on the option of ‘Alter’.
- In the type field, select the option of the check.
- The date in which the check had been received, enter that date and press the ‘Apply’ button.
- From the expense transactions list, select the check for the void to open it in the check screen.
- Then, select more then, void from the prompt menu option.
- In the end, to confirm the check which you want to void, click on ‘YES’.
How to void the check without using the transaction
- As usual, click on the expenses option.
- In the expense transaction list, locate the check to void.
- Form the editor view, drop-down menu, select the void option.
- To confirm that you want to void the check, click on the ‘YES’ option.
In QuickBooks, steps to Void a Paper Check.
Follow the given instruction below:
- Firstly, click on the ‘Banking’ and write the checks. Then, the check issued from the account, click on that account.
- Then, into the check number field, enter the check number. And, in the date field, enter the date.
- Into the ‘$’ field, enter the ‘0.00’. And, into the pay to the order field, enter the payee name.
- Press on the Edit then, void the check. When asked if you want to void the check in the recent time then, click on ‘YES’. And, if the user wants to void the check on the date it was issued then, click on ‘NO’.
- Then, click on the option of ‘Record’.
How to void a Payroll Check
To void the payroll check, read the given instruction below:
- If in the situation, the user is using a payroll service from the third-party. Then, press on the ‘Payroll Center’ icon.
- And, if you are using the service of payroll, then click on the drop-down sign and then, choose the void paychecks. Also, click on the void paychecks, if you are not using the service of payroll.
- In the show paychecks from through the fields, add the date period. Then, press the tab key.
- After that, press the paycheck and then void button. Then, read the instruction display on the screen and follow it to authenticate the void process.
- Press the Done button.
Our team is very thankful that you read this blog if you have any questions about any query. You can feel free to contact us on QuickBooks Support Phone Number and tell us you are regarding the problem. We hope that this blog is beneficial for you to void the check in the QuickBooks Online Software.