Deciding to use the latest release version of QuickBooks (2021) Desktop? Well, it is a great idea to work with the new technology and features of QuickBooks with more efficiency. Here in this article, we will help you if you don’t know, how to update QuickBooks Desktop to the latest release version.
Generally, when we download QuickBooks Desktop in the system, we have two options to update it. One is to Update manually, and another is to update the QuickBooks automatically. In a manual update process, regularly checking for an update in a month is necessary. And in an automatic update process, QuickBooks will automatically update when they are available. Let’s check, how to update QuickBooks in both processes.
How to Update QuickBooks Desktop to the Latest Version
Follow the below given 2 steps for the latest version of QuickBooks.
Step 1: Check for the Latest Release of the QuickBooks
First of all, we will check that, is there any latest release version is available or not. If you already set up the QuickBooks then you need not perform these steps.
- Go to the QuickBooks Desktop icon, and open it.
- Press, and hold the ‘Ctrl’ key with the‘1’ key to open the product information window.
- Or you can press the ‘F2’ key from the keyboard for the information.
- Now you can check the current, and release.
Step 2: Update QuickBooks Desktop to the Latest Released Version
There are four ways to update QuickBooks Desktop to the latest release version. Choose any one of them according to your need.
To Set Up Automatic Update
If you prefer to set up for automatic update of QuickBooks then you can follow the below given procedure:
- Open QuickBooks, and go to the ‘Help’ menu.
- From the ‘Help’ menu, select the ‘Update QuickBooks Desktop’ option.
- Click on the ‘Update Now’ option, and click on the ‘Reset Update’ checkbox to clear all of the previous update downloads.
- After that, click on the ‘Get Updates’ option to start the download process.
- Restart the QuickBooks, when the download finishes.
- You will be prompted for the acceptance of the option to install the new release version.
To Set Up Schedule Automatic Update for the Future
If you want to set up the automatic update for the future then, follow the below process to do it:
- Visit to the ‘Help’ menu, and select the ‘Update QuickBooks Desktop’ option.
- From the ‘Options’ tab, turn on the automatic updates by selecting the ‘Yes’ option.
Note: If you need to share the automatic update download with other systems on a network then, select ‘Yes’ for each system.
- At last click the ‘Close’ option.
Now QuickBooks will update the latest release automatically when they are available.
Update QuickBooks to the Latest through the Internet
The latest version of QuickBooks can be downloaded, and updated easily through internet. If you will search for the QuickBooks update seriously on the internet then you can find it easily.
- Visit the official site of the QuickBooks products.
- There you will find a pop-up for choosing the country ‘UK or Canada’, and ‘US’.
- Select your country from the ‘Select Country’ drop-down box.
- Select the product from the ‘Select Product’ drop-down box.
- And choose the version from the ‘Select version’ drop-down list.
- Then click the ‘Search’ box.
- Choose the ‘Get Updates’ option.
- When the download finishes, store the file where you can access it easily.
- Open the file to install the update, at last, restart the system.
Do Manual Updates
The last way to update the QuickBooks to the latest release version is to do it in the manual process. You can follow the below steps for the manual steps.
- Close all the running programs of QuickBooks.
- Go to the Windows ‘Start’ menu.
- In the search bar, type QuickBooks Desktop.
- After showing the QuickBooks Desktop, right-click on the QuickBooks Desktop icon.
- And select the ‘Update QuickBooks Desktop’ option.
- From the ‘Options’ tab, select the ‘Mark All’ option.
- And click the ‘Save’ option.
- From the ‘Update Now’ tab, choose the ‘Reset Update’ checkbox.
- If you are thinking, now you are ready for the update then, click the ‘Get Updates’ option.
How to Update QuickBooks Desktop for Mac
To update QuickBooks Desktop for Mac you can follow the below-mentioned 2 procedures.
In Product Update
- From the dropdown menu, click the ‘Check for QuickBooks Updates’.
- If there is any new version available, click the ‘Install & update’ option.
- You will get an alert message to select install & relaunch.
- Whenever the update finishes, QuickBooks for Mac will automatically launch.
Manual Update for QuickBooks Desktop Mac
- In the manual update, you all need to uninstall the old version for QuickBooks.
- And again reinstall the newer version of QuickBooks.
- Visit the QuickBooks product updates, to reinstall the latest version.
- Choose your desktop version & download the file to the system.
- Open the .dmg file and drag the QuickBooks Desktop to the folder of applications.
What’s New in the latest Released Version of QuickBooks (2021)
Recently the latest release version of QuickBooks is 2021. Now you have the idea that, how to update QuickBooks Desktop. Now let’s know, what’s new in QuickBooks 2021.
The Advanced User Management Feature: Now users can be managed easier than the previous version of QuickBooks. This feature provides you to manage the roles of users, and can set permission according to you. Not only that, but also you can set permission to the users for some specific activities in QuickBooks. The selected employees can access the payroll operation section in QuickBooks.
Enhancement of RFA: Now QuickBooks has the facility for the second admin.
Tax 1099 NEC and MISC: QuickBooks was always with 1099 MISC, and 1099 NEC, and also available for now to print, and e-filing. It also allows third-party applications for the use of software developer kits.
Hopefully, you find the article useful. We have tried our best to give the update procedure of QuickBooks in different methods. At last, we will suggest that, if you haven’t updated the QuickBooks to the latest version then immediately update the QuickBooks to the latest release version, so that you can use the QuickBooks with the latest features.