We all want to use QuickBooks in the latest updated version to run it with the advanced feature developed by Intuit. Normally QuickBooks offers two options to update itself, the first one is automatic, and the second one is manual. But the thing is that, some of the users unable to update QuickBooks to their needed version or to the latest released version. So this is the article, where you can get all the information regarding the update process, have a look;
When it comes to the point to update the QuickBooks, most of the users thought that the process of upgrading of company file during the switch of QuickBooks to the new version is the same as the updating process. But it is totally wrong, here we will show actually how to update QuickBooks.
How to Update QuickBooks Desktop to the Latest Released Version
There are some steps that you need to follow compulsory for the update of QuickBooks.
Ensure that, which Version you Have
Before updating QuickBooks to any version check and ensure that, which version you have.
- Open, and log in to QuickBooks Desktop.
- Press the F2 key or press the ‘Ctrl’ key with ‘1’.
- After that, you will be taken to the product information window.
- Now here check the current version information.
Process 1: Set Up Automatic Updates in QuickBooks Desktop
- Open QuickBooks Desktop, and visit the ‘Help’ menu.
- From the menu, select the ‘Update QuickBooks Desktop’ option.
- Now click on the ‘Update Now’ tab.
- If you want to clear all the previous update downloads then click on the ‘Reset Update’ checkbox.
- After the complete download process, restart the QuickBooks.
- You may find a prompted window on your screen, accept all the options to install the new release of QuickBooks.
Set Future Auto Update in QuickBooks
QuickBooks has the option to set up the auto-update for later. This can be done by the following steps:
- Open QuickBooks Desktop, and visit the ‘Help’ menu to select the ‘Update QuickBooks Desktop’ option.
- Then go to the ‘Options’ tab, and select the ‘Yes’ option to turn on the automatic updates.
- Select the ‘Yes’ option, if you want to share the automatic downloads with other computers on your network.
- At last, click the ‘Close’ option.
- Now you need not do the update, it will update automatically, whenever the new update available on QuickBooks.
Process 2: Update QuickBooks Desktop Manually
Now follow the steps to update it:
- Close all the running programs of QuickBooks.
- Go to the Windows ‘Start menu.
- In the search bar, type QuickBooks Desktop.
- After showing the QuickBooks Desktop, right-click on the QuickBooks Desktop icon.
- And select the ‘Update QuickBooks Desktop’ option.
- From the ‘Options’ tab, select the ‘Mark All’ option.
- And click the ‘Save’ option.
- From the ‘Update Now’ tab, choose the ‘Reset Update’ checkbox.
- If you are thinking, now you are ready for the update then, click the ‘Get Updates’ option.
Also, make sure that you are updating the QuickBooks payroll tax table in manual updates if you are running any payroll subscription.
Update QuickBooks to the Latest through the Internet
The latest version of QuickBooks can be downloaded, and updated easily through internet. If you will search for the QuickBooks update seriously on the internet then you can find it easily.
- Visit the official site of the QuickBooks products.
- There you will find a pop-up for choosing the country ‘UK or Canada’, and ‘US’.
- Select your country from the ‘Select Country’ drop-down box.
- Select the product from the ‘Select Product’ drop-down box.
- And choose the version from the ‘Select version’ drop-down list.
- Then click the ‘Search box.
- Choose the ‘Get Updates’ option.
- When the download finishes, store the file where you can access it easily.
- Open the file to install the update, at last, restart the system.
How to Update QuickBooks Desktop for Mac
To update QuickBooks Desktop for Mac you can follow the below-mentioned 2 procedures.
In Product Update
- From the dropdown menu, click the ‘Check for QuickBooks Updates’.
- If there is any new version available, click the ‘Install & update’ option.
- You will get an alert message to select install & relaunch.
- Whenever the update finishes, QuickBooks for Mac will automatically launch.
Manual Update for QuickBooks Desktop Mac
- In the manual update, you all need to uninstall the old version for QuickBooks.
- And again reinstall the newer version of QuickBooks.
- Visit the QuickBooks product updates, to reinstall the latest version.
- Choose your desktop version & download the file to the system.
- Open the .dmg file and drag the QuickBooks Desktop to the folder of applications.
Hopefully, you find the article useful. We have tried our best to give the update procedure of QuickBooks in different methods. At last, we will suggest that, if you haven’t updated the QuickBooks to the latest version then immediately update the QuickBooks to the latest release version, so that you can use the QuickBooks with the latest features.