Being an accounting software, QuickBooks provides services such as paying bills, creating customer invoices, generating reports etcetera. Its popularity does not just come from its service, but for adapting with time. Now and then, QuickBooks releases its latest version according to the needs of the market. This time QuickBooks has come with its latest 2020 release with new features and upgrade. For more information regarding the version, you can get in touch with our experts through https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_US/contact.
A QuickBooks user needs to update the software to its latest release. With your growing business, it is important to get access to the new features and take advantage of it. Here in this article, we will help you to update QuickBooks’s latest release with the mandatory information and some easy steps.
Points To Remember Before QuickBooks Update
Before you begin to update QuickBooks’s latest version, it is important to keep in mind some points.
Note: When you decide to update QuickBooks, it is in the recommendation to do it at hours where your system will have the least interruption.
Verifying Latest Version Availability
- First, open your QuickBooks Desktop.
- Press F2 or Ctrl + 1 key.
- Inspect the current version and its release. Along with that, check the availability of the latest version.
Methods Of Updating QuickBooks
There are various ways of updating the latest version of QuickBooks. You can go with any of them depending upon your flexibility with the method. However, it is important to take note that in either of the case it is necessary to have a good internet connection.
Note: Once you have downloaded the latest release updates, the company files will automatically get installed in the system in their respective location.
Method 1: Automatic Update
1. Download And Update In Real Time
- First, go to Help and click Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Then, go to Update Now tab. If you have previous downloaded updates, you can select Reset Update and erase them all.
- select Get Updates. This will start the download.
- Restart QuickBooks once you are done with the download.
2. Schedule Automatic Update
If you do not wish to do the update in the moment, you can always schedule an automatic update.
- Select the Help menu and click Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- After that, go to the Options tab.
- Click Yes to turn automatic updates on.
- Finally, select Close.
This will prompt QuickBooks to automatically download future updates upon their release. This will help in reducing your workload and save time.
Method 2: Update Manually
1. With QuickBooks
- First, close the company files and QuickBooks.
- Then, click in the windows Start menu.
- Go to QuickBooks Desktop and then right-click on the icon. From their select Run as administrator.
- On the No Company Open screen, look for the Help menu, click on it and after that select Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Go to Update Now and then the Resent Update box to check previous updates downloads.
- Select the Get Updates tab.
- Once the download is complete, a dialogue box will appear on you screen with Update Complete.
- After that, close QuickBooks and then re-open it. Once the Install Update message appears, select Yes.
- When you are done with installation, restart your system.
2. Updates From The Internet
- Move to the Downloads & Updates page.
- From the Select Product drop-down box, select QuickBooks Product.
- Then, from the Select Version drop-down box, select the version or the year of the product.
- After that, from the Select Country drop-down box, select your country.
- Click on Get Updates. Save the file that was downloaded on your system.
- Double click on the download to set up the update.
- Restart your system after the update.
In this article, we have accumulated different methods and steps to ease your process of installing and updating QuickBooks. With step-by-step details, you can easily do it yourself and save time. Hope the article was informative and was of help. However, if you stumble upon some difficulties to perform the task or end up with doubts or queries, you can always contact our support team. Our team of experts is always there to help you under any circumstances and guide you through the process. You can also get in touch for any other query related to QuickBooks. Contact us on our toll-free support number.