Want to update QuickBooks company files but have no idea how to do it? Here you can see the complete process to update your company file in QuickBooks. But, before that understand what QuickBooks Company File is and how you can open it. QuickBooks Accounting Software saves all the data and information in a single file which is known as QuickBooks Company File. You can find all the related and mandatory data and records to the user’s account. If you can’t find your company files then use the .qbw (QuickBooks File Extension) when the software is installed on your windows system. This article will provide you deep information about how to update the company files.
The easiest way to locate your QuickBooks Company file in your system is to sign-in to your QuickBooks software and open the file or restore the company file. Through the search function, you will see QuickBooks Company Filename or .qbw extension, it will direct you in the right direction. And, when you locate the company file then open it. And, you can also contact us at Customer Service Number +1-844-519-0042 and talk to our QuickBooks ProAdvisors.
Update Your QuickBooks Company File
While QuickBooks software Upgrading, it does not automatically update your company file. If you have upgraded to the latest version of the QuickBooks software, you will need to manually update your company file. QuickBooks experts can advise you on, that it would benefit your company to upgrade to a newer version and they can also walk you through how to update company files If you need help.
Note- QuickBooks Admin user only can update QuickBooks file. When the file is updated by the QuickBooks Admin user company file will automatically be updated for all users and this process will not need to be repeated. But, if you have multiple company files then this process will need to be repeated for each file you access.
Update a company file, all you need to do simply open the file in the new QuickBooks online software and then, company file update wizard guide through the process. Doing upgrade, You have to follow some simple instructions below that will allow you to quickly and efficiently import your company file into your new version of QuickBooks.
Steps To Update Company File
- Install the new version of QuickBooks.
- After software installed, convert and update QuickBooks data from your old version into the new software. In a simple way, open your company file in the new version.
- Be sure you have a good internet connection, during updating.
- Upgrade your file you must log in using the Admin username and password.
- Open your new copy of QuickBooks. Select the Button Open or restore an existing company.
- Now, click a window labeled Open or restore the company.
- Leave the default selection, click on the open a company file. Then click the Next button.
- Click on the computer on the left side of the window and then open your drive where QuickBooks files are typically stored.
- You can easily locate your company file in your drive and click open. In your drive, you can see multiple files with similar names, in which you can select the file with the green icon, which is usually the topmost file listed.
- Now, enter the QuickBooks Admin user name and password details to this company file and click Ok.
- Click on update now and the QuickBooks company file update wizard will begin to update your file. And it will automatically create a backup copy prior to updating your company file.
- Update Wizard, It will first back up and then update your company file.
- After finished, click on Done to start working in your file in the new version of QuickBooks.
While updating the QuickBooks company file, users face some issues. Because the company file may not open for a number of reasons. It might be possible that the QuickBooks file has been damaged due to some kind of corruption on your hard drive where the file is store. Our QuickBooks consultant can advise you on whether it would benefit your company to upgrade to a newer version and they can also walk you through the process if you need help. Don’t hesitate to contact our QuickBooks ProAdvisor in your area if you encounter any difficulties along the way.