If you are searching for how to set up child support garnishment in QuickBooks? Firstly, let’s understand the term garnishment. Garnishment is a valid action in which a court’s order demands the person’s earning information to hold back the payment of a debt such as a child support of an employee. So, the person’s earnings do not include the income earned as tips but include all wages, salaries, commission, bonuses, and income from a pension or retirement program. Now, in this article, we are going to discuss how to set up child support garnishment in QuickBooks.
Normally, garnishment has two types which are government tax and child support. Post deduction from the employee paycheck is called child support. It is feasible that you will have more than one employee in the child support deduction. In the Chart of Accounts, it is not mandatory to have employee special liability accounts. Otherwise, it is better to have an employee special deduction items in your Payroll item list.
Important Tips For The Child Support Garnishment In QuickBooks That You Should Know Before Setting Up
- The tax amount deduction process has to complete from the employee’s bank check.
- The particular payroll product contains all removal which finishes up the particular employee.
- Most liability accounts are optional in the chart of accounts.
- Only a single worker will authenticate his own child support deduction according to the terms and conditions.
How To Set Up Child Support Garnishment In QuickBooks?
Let’s know about setting up the child support in QuickBooks in these below steps:
- In the beginning, click on the List menu then on the Payroll item.
- Then, select the New button.
- As per the requirements, click on the customer set up and EZ set up then proceed.
- After that, you have to click on the Deduction option and click on the Next.
- Read the instructions properly and give the name to process the payroll deduction and then press on Next.
- Fill up the name of the agency mainly for the liability to be paid and move forward.
- Select the option given of Tax Tracking Type in the drop-down list choices.
- Ensure that you do not have to click any options and go next.
- Tick on the Next option if the default widow taxes window will display on the desktop screen.
- Click on the Net to calculate the amount after taxes from the list of net windows vs Gross.
- You can access to calculate the total deduction which you have decided before the taxes.
- If in case you opt for the gross then confirm that you fill-up the Default Rate and Limit.
- After that, you should have to add the decimal sign or the percentage as per your requirements.
- In the end, press on the Finish option.
In The Employee Data Record, Steps To Set Up The Child Support Garnishment Below:
- Firstly, tick on the Employee option.
- Ensure that select the option of “Employee Center” from the given options.
- Move further and press the Employee’s name and then press the Payroll information button.
- After that, enter all the information related to it then, click on the product name and select the garnishments items.
- Enter the option on all the company contributions, additions, and deductions.
- Press on the Action field and type the deducted amount.
Create Liability Payment Schedule QuickBooks
- Firstly, click on the Employees button.
- Select the option of Payroll Taxes and Liabilities from the list of preferences.
- Click on the option of Edit Payment Dues and press on it.
- Then a payroll setup window will show up on the desktop and you have to click on the “review scheduled tax payment list”.
- After that, enter the Continue button and you will get the message to add or edit schedule payments for benefits and other payments.
- And, after that, you will get the complete record authentication about the child support or all other wage garnishments.
- After that, move forward and enter the Edit option and click on the payment frequency.
- Lastly, click on the Finish button.
Customer Care Services For Child Support deduction
You can reach us through QuickBooks Payroll Support Number for any problem while handling child support and other tax deductions. And if you have any other information you require relating to QuickBooks then contact our QuickBooks ProAdvisors by calling us at QuickBooks Support Customer Service Number.