I answered a lot of questions on QuickBooks and I always tried to provide the best answer for all queries to our users. Here in this blog, I am going to answer another query asked by a customer “How do I create an invoice in QuickBooks?”
An invoice is a document file that provides customers with detailed information about the goods or products and services that we have provided and how much they value or cost. Invoices are needed for sales and purchases made on credit. In some other words, if customers do not pay you at the time of purchase or the sale then you need to keep a detailed track (in the form of Invoice) of what they own you so that you can sure that you will receive payment in the future.
Using QuickBooks in your small business enables you to pay the bill, track expenses, and create automatic invoices for unpaid work. These invoices are automatically created and sent to your clients, without you even being at your computer. To be able to use these features, you must configure QuickBooks to create the invoices and, fortunately, this is a straightforward process. Automatic invoices save your time and in business, time is money.
Invoices help us to manage our accounts receivable. Therefore accounts receivable is the perfect balance that has to you by your customers. Invoice is like written proof of and product for the customer as well as the seller. You can skip this process to save your time and effort by connecting our customer support team.
Benefits of Creating Invoices in QuickBooks
One of the important benefits of creating an invoice is:
- Managing sales information
- This allows you to have a prison report of the sale.
- Each of the sellers and patrons can also monitor their bills and amounts.
- The file serves as prison evidence between the patron and the seller.
- Recording and keeping all sales invoices will ensure that the correct amount is paid.
- It gathers shoppers’ purchasing policies, items of goods, buying examples, and important knowledge of heaven.
Why Should I Create Invoices in QuickBooks?
You should create an invoice in QuickBooks. Then you get to benefit in two ways:
- Your financial statements are updated in real-time to reflect the change in your accounts receivable and bank account balances.
- Invoices have a great impact on the customer as well as to the vendor because it can work as proof for both and it also helps the vendor for paid out as soon as possible.
How do I create an invoice in QuickBooks?
- Click Create (+)> Invoice.
- Fill the invoice
- If you have saved a style other than the standard style, select Customize at the bottom of the page.
- Click Print or Preview
- When you send or print, click Print or Preview again to see the form. To view Adobe’s save icon, you can view it as a PDF in the preview form here.
- If you choose Print later, you can print it from the queue.
- Save the form in the email and click send. You will have the opportunity to edit the email message for your customer and preview the form one last time.
Create an Invoice in QuickBooks Desktop
You use the invoice to record your sales transactions from customers. It record transaction for that person who makes payment during the time of the sale. Invoices help to keep track of your accounts. Depending on your transaction you can create an invoice in QuickBooks Desktop.
Create an invoice from scratch
Below there all the steps are mention to create an Invoice in Quickbook Desktop.
Step 1. Go to the Home screen, click on the Customer menu after that select on Create Invoices.
Step 2. In the Customer drop-down menu select Customer Name or Job. If the customer name or job is not listed, then you need to create a new customer to click on the Add New option.
Step 3. Fill the form according to the customer details carefully.
Step 4. When you choose your product an amount of menu pop-up comes to enter the amount. You can change it at the time of Invoice creation.
Step 5. When you want to gives a discount on your product than create a discount item. It’s not compulsory.
Follow steps to create a Discount on an item.
- On Home Screen Select the Lists Option.
- Choose Item List.
- Right-click and select New.
- Choose Type drop-down, then choose New.
- Submit an Item Name or Number and Description.
- In Amount, block enters the Discount amount or in % block enter the Discount percentage. If the amount and percentage are not fixed the leave it blanks.
- From the Account drop-down menu, choose the Account you want to use to track discounts you give to customers.
- Choose Ok
- Click on Save & Exit.
Congratulation, You have created an Invoice in QuickBooks Desktop.
Create an invoice for a Sales Order
If you have created a sales order, you need to create an invoice. Two ways are given below to do Create Invoice:
From the Sales Orders window
- On the Sales Orders main tab, choose the Create Invoice button. When the popup appears, choose given below:
- Create an invoice for all of the sales orders to add items from the sales order to the invoice.
- Create invoice form items if you want to put the items on the invoice.
- Let’s do the important changes in the Invoice. Remember: In the list of items, enter a quantity in the To Invoice column for each item. If you don’t want to invoice any of the listed items, enter 0 as the quantity.
- Choose Save & Close.
From the Invoice window
- On the QuickBooks Home screen or the Customer menu, Choose to Create Invoices.
- On the Customer: Job drop-down menu, select a customer or customer job.
- The available Sales Order window comes. Choose one sales order item or more that you want to include in the invoice.
- Make the important changes in the Invoice that will be required. Remember: In the list of items, enter a quantity in the To Invoice column for each item. If you don’t want to invoice any of the listed items, enter 0 as the quantity
- Choose Save & Close.
Create an invoice for an Estimate
When a customer has satisfied your estimate and happy to pay a fixed amount, you can coverts the entire estimate into an invoice. You can also see the details before the conformation on the customer.
From the Estimate window
- Open the appropriate estimate.
- Choose to Create Invoice at the upper menu of the Estimate form.
- If you have progress invoicing turned on, you get a pop-up asking what how many items to put on the invoice. Those items also there which includes promoted items.
- When the invoice comes, modify the information as want.
- Then Choose Save & Close.
From the Invoice window
- From the QuickBooks Main screen or the Customer menu, Choose to Create Invoices.
- On the Customer: Job drop-down menu, Choose a customer or customer job.
- The Estimates window comes. Choose the estimate included in the invoice. Remember QuickBooks will only allow you to select one estimate to invoice. Remember: If you have a progress invoice turn on, you may get a pop-up that you need to have on the invoice. You can simply allow what to include as prompted.
- when the invoice window appeared. Edit all the required information which the software wants from you.
- Choose Save & Close.
We tried to cover all the information related to creating an invoice in QuickBooks Desktop. If you are still unable to understand the process or unable to create an invoice in QuickBooks, you can contact a certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor through our toll-free number +1-844-519-0042 to get details on this topic.